Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2010 A3 TDI Ordered for ED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were you I would wait until you get the build date, if it is really only going to take a couple of weeks. Ticket prices will be roughly the same in such a short period.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ravenash
If I were you I would wait until you get the build date, if it is really only going to take a couple of weeks. Ticket prices will be roughly the same in such a short period.
No, I was speaking about the difference between waiting for when the car was actually built vs. when you know the build date. I just don't know how much stuff is set in stone at which point.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IbisTDI
One question I have is, so I will receive my scheduled build date in a couple weeks, is that when everyone has booked their airfare? Or did you wait until the car was actually built and everything was confirmed? I read in the "release" paper work that they weren't responsible for any changes in the schedule, but I just don't want to get stuck paying last minute internation airfare!
Sorry it took me some time to do this .

That’s the dates of every stage from signing contract to buy the car.

Dec.30/09 order car for ED
Jan 5/10 my SA call to confirm the car was order and schedule to be built Feb. 8/10 .He never gave me commission #.
Jan 19/10 Via FedEx, I received the welcome package from Audi ED program
“Vehicle production scheduled for the week of Feb 6 with delivery available after March 10/10
Jan 20 I started looking for airfare for delivery March 11/10
Feb 15/10 I received a call from my SA “car is built and we need to finalize the paperwork and pay for the car + VAT”
Feb 15/10 I booked airplane tickets
Feb 16/10 I paid for the car + VAT
Feb 16/10 I sent via email the customer form and paperwork needed to Audi ED program
Feb 17/10 Audi ED program emailed me back telling me “they will prepare my final agenda and delivery documents and send them by the end of the week via FedEx “
Feb 20/10 I got all of the paperwork from Audi ED program, all my wishes are accepted (date for delivery, hotel choice, pickup arrangements at the airport, factory visit …..)

Let me tell something about the airfare.
Try to book your flight at least 21 days before the day you are going to flight and you will avoid last minute fees
Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by patinsd
Sorry it took me some time to do this .

That’s the dates of every stage from signing contract to buy the car.

Dec.30/09 order car for ED
Jan 5/10 my SA call to confirm the car was order and schedule to be built Feb. 8/10 .He never gave me commission #.
Jan 19/10 Via FedEx, I received the welcome package from Audi ED program
“Vehicle production scheduled for the week of Feb 6 with delivery available after March 10/10
Jan 20 I started looking for airfare for delivery March 11/10
Feb 15/10 I received a call from my SA “car is built and we need to finalize the paperwork and pay for the car + VAT”
Feb 15/10 I booked airplane tickets
Feb 16/10 I paid for the car + VAT
Feb 16/10 I sent via email the customer form and paperwork needed to Audi ED program
Feb 17/10 Audi ED program emailed me back telling me “they will prepare my final agenda and delivery documents and send them by the end of the week via FedEx “
Feb 20/10 I got all of the paperwork from Audi ED program, all my wishes are accepted (date for delivery, hotel choice, pickup arrangements at the airport, factory visit …..)

Let me tell something about the airfare.
Try to book your flight at least 21 days before the day you are going to flight and you will avoid last minute fees
Thanks! That was (as usual) very helpful!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! That was (as usual) very helpful!
Definitely wait until you get confirmed delivery date; which is after your car is built. There is a possibility that your delivery date can change. Audi, by default, gives you 30 days after production date. I was able to change mine to earlier date.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, the only thing I have seen is those pictures also, I actually like the looks of the current car better than that one, so the order went in!

The dealer gave me the 3% off without even asking, I didn't try to negotiate it any lower than that though. I was trying to deal with 2 dealerships, and one didn't have allocation for an A3 until the end of Summer and this one could make it happen ASAP, so I went with them. From what I have read online, it seems like the $1k off that we got was a pretty good deal. I am happy!
Your dealer is incorrect. All ED cars dont affect allocation, except S5 and R8. Check with your dealer again and make sure the order is placed correctly. Mine was initially ordered as part of dealer's allocation. Audi USA had to get involved and fix it.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CrazyIvan
Your dealer is incorrect. All ED cars dont affect allocation, except S5 and R8. Check with your dealer again and make sure the order is placed correctly. Mine was initially ordered as part of dealer's allocation. Audi USA had to get involved and fix it.
The dealer I ordered it through didn't have any problems. It was the other dealer that was telling me about their "allocation" issues. I think it worked out better anyways!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

The dealer I ordered it through didn't have any problems. It was the other dealer that was telling me about their "allocation" issues. I think it worked out better anyways!
As far as I know ED does not affect allocation for the dealer .
You know some dealer have no interest on doing ED program and they don't want to learn the process on how to do it .
I am glad you find the right one .
I had the same issues ,went to two dealer and picked the one with more knowlege about ED program and so far very pleased with it .
Old 03-04-2010, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got an e-mail today from the dealership, they are having problems confirming production dates on the TDI, but we will supposedly know more next week. Although it did say that they would be able to meet our requested delivery in May!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hang in there. I am sure you are biting your finger nails :-)

My wife and I are going to test drive an A4 today. We might change our minds and go with it instead.

Quick Reply: 2010 A3 TDI Ordered for ED!