Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2010 A4 European Delivery ordered!!!!

Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 A4 European Delivery ordered!!!!

I have just got confirmation from my dealer that they accepted my order. Apparently I was the last one (not sure if that is really true or just a dealer gimmick to keep me excited, I suspect it is the latter).

In any case, really looking forward to it.

A4 Quattro Premium Plus
Navigation
B&O sound system
Meteor gray color

I thought about getting a Prestige package, but the few extras I really cared about did not justify the premium price.

We plan on picking up the car end of July, drive through Germany, Belgium and France and then stay in Spain for a couple of weeks before returning the car in Madrid.

Will post more details as I get more details.

I'd like to thank you all for the great information you have posted in this forum. It has helped me TREMENDOUSLY. Great job!!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! I decided to move ours from July to May, couldn't deal with the anticipation for that long!
Old 03-14-2010, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. Well, in any case we'll both enjoy the nice weather :-)
Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulation guys.
When I join AudoWord forum last year - ED thread was almost not exist. And now I see more and more post from car enthusiast like you, that place their orders.
Bimmerfest reported that February delivery rise 47% more then January. We can say the same for Audi.
Wish both of you to have a great trip and advice - start planning your trip. Where you going after pick up, what country you plan to visit, drop off location - all of this a part of big fun call European Delivery!
Try to plan not driving a lot in the first few days do to lag.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, yeah, I have already started making all the plans. Rouhgly this is it:

1) Fly to Madrid. Stay in Spain 4-5 days to wear off jet lag and make sure the kids are ok

2) Fly to Munich (kids stay behind with my family, it will just be me and my wife)

3) Pick up car and drive to Oberwesel

4) Next day go to Brussels and visit some friends (belgium beer, hmmmmm)

5) Spend next day in La Rochelle, France

6) Back to Spain for another 2 weeks

7) Drop off car in Madrid and return

I know it is a long trip, but it will be lots of fun.

Will keep you all posted as things move along.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Ravenash
Thanks, yeah, I have already started making all the plans. Rouhgly this is it:

1) Fly to Madrid. Stay in Spain 4-5 days to wear off jet lag and make sure the kids are ok

2) Fly to Munich (kids stay behind with my family, it will just be me and my wife)

3) Pick up car and drive to Oberwesel

4) Next day go to Brussels and visit some friends (belgium beer, hmmmmm)

5) Spend next day in La Rochelle, France

6) Back to Spain for another 2 weeks

7) Drop off car in Madrid and return

I know it is a long trip, but it will be lots of fun.

Will keep you all posted as things move along.
Excellent tour - just remember Audi Insurance pay only for 14 day (even if their web site state 15 - one day for license registration).
Madrid drop off is hard to find- street is one way, there are no sign, if you pass you have to go block around. Check link to the map. Take about 20-30 min to drop off there.
Hint- do not ask them to call for taxi - just walk a 5 min back to Av de Aragon. On the right will be hotel Auditorium Madrid - at list few taxi always there waiting for hotel guests.
Good Luck and don't forget post some photos.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I'll have to get the extra insurance/registration. A bit extra but we need the extra time.

Thanks a lot for the tips on the drop off point. Once again, making our lives easier :-)
Old 03-17-2010, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, I'll have to get the extra insurance/registration. A bit extra but we need the extra time.

Thanks a lot for the tips on the drop off point. Once again, making our lives easier :-)
Parking fee in Madrid was most expensive - 24EU / night.
If you have relative in Spain, maybe you don't need car for extra time - drop off and use public transportation. Unless you planning to visit cities outside Madrid.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nah, don't worry. We will only be in Madrid the day before coming back to the US. We will drive there, drop off the car and then spend the day with some friends. Most likely we'll stay in a hotel near the airport and then catch our plane next morning.

Most of the time we'll be in Spain we'll be in the Northwest, and parking will be free there :-)
Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nah, don't worry. We will only be in Madrid the day before coming back to the US. We will drive there, drop off the car and then spend the day with some friends. Most likely we'll stay in a hotel near the airport and then catch our plane next morning.

Most of the time we'll be in Spain we'll be in the Northwest, and parking will be free there :-)
On the way from North Spain to Madrid make a 3-4 hr stop in Segovia.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 A4 European Delivery ordered!!!!