Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2011 ED>>> The latest!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 ED>>> The latest!

European Delivery Detailed Information and FAQ

Your Audi Dealer will review with you the terms of the customer agreement to ensure a clear understanding of the Audi European Delivery Program. Our goal is to provide you with peace of mind so you may relax and enjoy planning your journey. Below you'll find detailed information on the European Delivery process, from start to finish. Please contact your Audi Dealer for information not contained below.

Program News

The Forum in Ingolstadt will be closed for deliveries on the following upcoming 2011 dates:
  • January 26-28
  • March 4
  • March 7-9
  • April 22
  • April 25
  • June 2-3
  • June 13
  • June 23-24

► As a result of the recent extreme winter conditions throughout Europe, and the newly implemented mandatory winter tire regulations in Germany, deliveries of S-line models and vehicles equipped with summer performance tires have been temporary suspended. Please contact your dealer or europeandeliveryprogram@audi.com for more information.
The all new Audi A7 is coming! The new model is expected to start delivery via the Euro Delivery Program in early July 2011. Please see your dealer for ordering time lines.
► Due to the Easter holiday, delivery dates during the week of April 11 and April 18 will be limited.
Please check with your local Audi dealer for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Foldout allWhat is included in the price of the European Delivery Program?* Audi is pleased to offer a one room, one night, complimentary hotel accommodation for you and a guest at a choice of three Audi recommended hotels
* Complimentary 15-day Insurance Coverage, Export License Plates, Vehicle Registration*
* A scheduled guided tour of our factory and a visit to the Mobile museum are available
* Complimentary meals and non-alcoholic beverages at the Customer Center Market Restaurant on your delivery day
* Ground transportation of your vehicle from any of the 14 established European drop off points
* Drop off location fees
* Storage and terminal handling fees
* Ocean freight and marine insurance
* Customs duty and clearance
The cost of transportation, customs duty and clearance, storage and terminal handling fees, drop off location fees, ocean freight, and marine insurance are all included in the purchase price of all Audi vehicles sold under the European Delivery Program, providing the vehicle is returned to a drop off location within the timeframe specified in the program requirements. Destination charges still apply for final transport to your dealer.
All special safetySafetySee active safety and passive safety.Safety items such as security vest and warning triangles will be provided to you (at no additional cost) regardless of where your travels take you. Here at Audi we want to ensure your safety, not only through the cars you buy but through your European experience.
*Comprehensive insurance¹ and export license plates are provided by Audi for the first fifteen (15) days while traveling in Europe. A Certificate of Insurance and vehicle registration will be provided upon vehicle delivery in Ingolstadt, Germany. This insurance covers the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. You are responsible for purchasing additional insurance coverage and export license plates beyond fifteen (15) days. If you wish to purchase additional insurance coverage and extend the expiration of export license plates, arrangements can be made by contacting Audi European Delivery Headquarters by sending an email to europeandeliveryprogram@audi.com.
¹There is a €1,000 deductible on comprehensive vehicle coverage. Theft or damage to personal belonging, including all non-automotive articles are not included in this coverage. Additional travel insurance is recommended. Allow one day for proper vehicle licensing prior to customer delivery.

Who is eligible to participate in the European Delivery program?You must be a U.S. resident at least 18 years of age in possession of a valid driver’s license, passport, and US Social Security number.

What are the payment terms?You agree to pay or secure funding for the vehicle in full with your dealer prior to traveling to Europe for delivery of your new Audi.
The Dealer will contact you to complete the Bill of Sale / Sales Contract and request payment in full after your vehicle is built. Please note that standard lease rates apply through Audi Financial Services.
You agree to take delivery of your vehicle in Ingolstadt, Germany within sixty days from the date the sale is finalized. If you do not take delivery within sixty days, your vehicle may no longer be available for European Delivery.

What do I need to know about Investment and Value Add Tax (VAT)?Customer agrees to purchase vehicle at Audi European Delivery Program price established by a participating Audi Dealer and return vehicle to authorized Audi drop off location within 90-days of delivery date from delivery center in Ingolstadt, Germany. VAT will be refunded by your Audi Dealer immediately following confirmation that the vehicle has been dropped off, within 90 days of the delivery date in Ingolstadt. If travel exceeds 90 days, VAT may not be refunded by your Audi Dealer and return shipping benefits no longer offered.

What can I expect from Audi correspondence?Approximately Two Weeks After Dealer Order
Customer will receive a European Delivery welcome letter from Audi. This correspondence will include estimated vehicle production and delivery dates as well as the next steps required.
Approximately Four Weeks Prior to Departure
Upon vehicle completion, the dealer will notify the customer to finalize the sale. At this time the customer should confirm participation in the optional factory tour, complimentary transportation, and hotel accommodations. Also required is the customer’s preferred vehicle delivery date at the Customer Center, flight arrival, number of persons, confirmation of travel period, as well as copies of the owner’s driver’s license and passport for vehicle registration
Approximately Two Weeks Prior to Departure
Upon delivery confirmation from Germany, the customer will receive a final set of documentation in the mail from Audi. This will include a personalized confirmation and agenda, Authority for Vehicle delivery, and the International Factory Collection Form. This will be the final documentation needed before the customer’s journey.

What are the details of the Comprehensive Insurance Priced Program?The Comprehensive Insurance Coverage¹ pricing structure is as follows:
15 days - Complimentary
30 days - $280.00
60 days - $490.00
90 days - $910.00
Audi requires all program vehicles to be dropped off for export to the U.S. within 90 days of delivery.
¹There is a €1,000 deductible on comprehensive coverage. Allow one day for proper vehicle licensing prior to customer delivery.
* Audi 24/7 Mobility Insurance while traveling in Europe*
**If you ever find yourself in a situation on the road where you need help, Roland Assistance is just a phone call away. In fact, their customer support network is ready to help you 24/7. Simply call the toll-free number +49 0841-8939727 for roadside assistance in Germany and Roland Assistance will send a service vehicle on its way. From other countries call +49-841-8939727 for roadside assistance.

What is the Audi vehicle qualification and pricing?The following models are available through the European Delivery Program less the suggested published MSRP discount. The final selling price is determined by the dealer.
Audi A3/A3 TDI Models up to 3%
Audi A4/A4 Avant Models up to 5%
Audi A5 Coupe and Cabriolet Models up to 5%
Audi A6 Models up to 5%
Audi A7 Models up to 5%
Audi A8/A8L Models up to 5%
Audi Q5 Models up to 5%
Audi Q7/Q7 TDI Models up to 5%
Audi TT / TTS Coupes and Roadster Models up to 5%
Audi S4/S5/S6 Models up to 5%

The Audi R8 is also available through European Delivery and includes a special program offering at our exclusive plant at Audi Forum Neckarsulm. Please contact your dealer for additional program details and program fees.
*All MSRPs exclude taxes, title/documentary fees, registration, tags, Audi Dealer prep, labor and installation charges, insurance, optional equipment and accessories, certificate of compliance and non-compliance fees, and finance charges. Destination charges apply.

What documentation do I need at time of delivery?Customers should have the following information available when taking delivery:
1. Copy of Bill of Sale /Buyer's Order from dealer
2. Passport as photo identification
3. Valid Driver’s License
4. Authority for Vehicle Delivery Form
5. International Factory Collection Voucher
6. Military PCS or Diplomatic orders (if applicable)
Note: The vehicle must be picked up by the purchaser.

What is provided by Audi and what is my responsibility in order to drive my vehicle in Europe?Comprehensive insurance¹ and export license plates are provided by Audi for the first fifteen (15) days while traveling in Europe. A Certificate of Insurance and vehicle registration will be provided upon vehicle delivery in Ingolstadt, Germany. This insurance covers the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Vehicles are registered one (1) day prior to delivery which is applied to the 15 days coverage. Customers must keep this in mind when planning their schedule.
You are responsible for purchasing additional insurance coverage and export license plates beyond fifteen (15) days. If you wish to purchase additional insurance coverage (maximum of 90 days) and extend the expiration of export license plates, arrangements can be made by contacting Audi European Delivery Headquarters by sending an email to europeandeliveryprogram@audi.com.
All special safety items such as security vest and warning triangles will be provided to you (at no additional cost) regardless of where your travels take you. Here at Audi we want to ensure your safety, not only through the cars you buy but through your European experience.
¹There is a €1,000 deductible on comprehensive coverage. Allow one day for proper vehicle licensing prior to customer delivery.

Where is Audi Forum Ingolstadt located and how can I get there by train or car?Audi Forum Ingolstadt
D-85045 Ingolstadt
Phone +49 (0) 841 89-37575
Fax +49 (0) 841 89-41860
Please note:
* The (0) is only necessary when dialing within Germany
* Deliveries not available on weekends or national holidays.
Traveling by car
A9 motorway, Munich – Nuremberg, exit at junction 60 (Lenting). Follow the Audi signs for visitors. Free parking is available for Audi customer delivery.
Traveling by train
By train to Ingolstadt Hauptbahnhof (main train station). You can reach Audi Forum Ingolstadt by bus (line 11) or taxi (approx. 5 kilometers).

What are the Audi-recommended area hotels that qualify for the program?Kempinski Hotel Munich, Germany
Hotel Rappensberger Ingolstadt Germany
NH Ambassador Ingolstadt, Germany

What are some popular tourist attractions in Europe?Visit http://www.travelnotes.org/Europe for the most popular tourists’ attractions in Europe and experience the thrill of a European vacation while driving on the Autobahn, the best routes to explore and more.
www.travelnotes.org/Europe

I'm participating in the program during the winter. What do I need to know?The Federal Law in Germany requires that all drivers equip their vehicles appropriately for winter driving conditions. Although all-season tires delivered with most Audi vehicles are suited better for winter driving than the S-line performance tires, neither may provide the same level of winter-weather performance as snow tires, especially when driving through snow or ice.* Other countries may have similar or more stringent laws. Please check the appropriate requirements of the country you plan on visiting before driving your vehicle.
* Please see customer Release Form for Winter Driving

What can I expect from the drop off process?To ensure a worry-free and safe transport to your dealer, please contact your preferred vehicle drop off location in advance to schedule your drop-off. Drop off appointments are necessary for all locations and can be made either by phone or email. Drop-offs are available Monday through Friday with varied hours of operation and all locations are closed on nationally recognized holidays, depending on country of drop off. You must drop-off your vehicle within the maximum temporary registration and insurance period assigned at the time of delivery. Unfortunately insurance and registrations cannot be extended once issued.
It is also important to remove all personal effects and non-factory installed accessories, such as luggage, car seats, etc. before dropping off your vehicle. Personal effects may not be returned to you, and removing them from your vehicle will help avoid possible delays and additional costs from US Customs. Only the original spare tire, jack, and tools are shipped with the car.
Customers are required to initial a drop-off report listing the condition of the vehicle. Minor paint scratches or chips occurring prior to the US delivery are considered normal wear and tear as a result of the vehicle being street-driven prior to US delivery.

What documentation do I need for vehicle drop off?* Customer address, phone number and email address
* Passport as photo identification and Social Security number for US Customs
* Complete applicable export documents required by the drop off agent including a copy of your Sales Agreement from your Audi dealer
* One master key (special wheel locks or other necessary mechanisms)
* Military PCS or Diplomatic orders (if applicable)
* Copy of Registration and International Insurance Card
Other important documentation to carry: Vehicle registration and Insurance certificate are important to have available for customs upon return.

Where are the drop off locations in Germany and Europe?Drop Off Locations in Germany:
Bremerhaven
Duisburg
Frankfurt
Hamburg
Munich
Sindelfingen (Stuttgart)
Additional Drop Off Locations in Europe:
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Geneva, Switzerland
Zurich, Switzerland
Nice, France
Paris, France
Madrid, Spain
London, England
*Drop off locations in Italy are available upon request. Additional charges may apply.
Drop off location details

How long will it be before my vehicle arrives in the US?Please allow a minimum of eight weeks from the drop off date to the US dealer delivery (pending transportation, weather, or US Customs delays). Your Audi Dealer will perform necessary licensing and paperwork upon vehicle return.
Additional information regarding the shipping status of your vehicle can be found at:
eurodelivery.ehharms.com/Edts/audi

Can I participate in the factory and museum tours without picking up a vehicle?English-speaking factory and museum tours are available daily and are open to the public. Please contact the Forum directly via the reservation line or email for availability and reservations:
Audi Forum Ingolstadt
Within Germany: 0800 2834444
From abroad: +49 841 89 -41860
Email: welcome@audi.de
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is this a copy of the Audi web site?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DarthRay
Is this a copy of the Audi web site?
can be copyright material also....
Old 03-08-2011, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Almost all of the above was copied from the site. I noticed AW did not have the most recent and detailed information regarding the ED program.
If anyone objects to my cut and paste of the most recent ED information from the Audi ED site, then I will delete my post.
All apologies if I ruffled and feathers.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sommert
Almost all of the above was copied from the site. I noticed AW did not have the most recent and detailed information regarding the ED program.
If anyone objects to my cut and paste of the most recent ED information from the Audi ED site, then I will delete my post.
sommert, can you update WIKI page with this info?
http://wiki.audiworld.com/index.php/EDFAQ

Last edited by TIME89; 03-08-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sommert
No problem at all as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry if I seemed negative. I was just trying to find out if there was any new information compared to what's on the Audi web site.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone know of a dealer preferably on the East Coast that will negotiate an ED based off of European invoice, i.e. about 10-12% off US MSRP?