Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2012 A3 ED production date question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 A3 ED production date question

I gave my order and deposit to my Audi dealer on May 6, 3 weeks ago tomorrow. On May 16, the salesman called me and we settled on a delivery date of September 7 although I would not object to an earlier date. I now have my commission # and my salesman tells me that no production dates have been populated, and he should receive dates within 30 days from now. According to another post in this forum, it sounds like I should get my "actual production week" within two weeks of ordering. Should I know my production date sooner than within 30 days from now?

Or is there a way to email Audi ED with my commission # and get my production week? Or should I do this? I don't want to annoy the salesman but I'm eager to make my travel plans. I'm flexible about my dates but want to secure air tickets asap.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi European Delivery Program

europeandeliveryprogram@audi.com

and congratulation on your new Audi and best choice to pick your new car.
If you need more help - let me know.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you. I take it that you believe the production date could be available by now. I've sent off an email, hoping I'm not stepping on any toes.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by eekelly
Thank you. I take it that you believe the production date could be available by now. I've sent off an email, hoping I'm not stepping on any toes.
mmm, no, I don't believed in anything.
You ask for e-mail - I posted. Not sure about your date, but don't be apologetic - you pay your hard earning money - you need your question answered!
call your guy and tell him - you need to bye tickets. Unless he will help you 50/50 - he better give you a straight answer.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Already heard back from Audi ED Program and my A3 is scheduled for production week of June 27. Delivery of 2012 models expected to start in August. Whoopee! Now to make sure my salesman doesn't hold me to September 7 as a delivery date if it's possible to get it sooner.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Already heard back from Audi ED Program and my A3 is scheduled for production week of June 27. Delivery of 2012 models expected to start in August. Whoopee! Now to make sure my salesman doesn't hold me to September 7 as a delivery date if it's possible to get it sooner.
Congrats! Talk to you guy - promise him Belgium chocolate - what ever - make him happy!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Delivery date August 26

The Belgian chocolate did the trick. My salesman was able to get my delivery date moved up to Friday, August 26 instead of September 7. I intend to drop the A3 off in Amsterdam on either September 5 or 6. I was able to secure FF mile tickets, thank goodness. Can't wait!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The Belgian chocolate did the trick. My salesman was able to get my delivery date moved up to Friday, August 26 instead of September 7. I intend to drop the A3 off in Amsterdam on either September 5 or 6. I was able to secure FF mile tickets, thank goodness. Can't wait!
ED is a stick with two ends - first you can't wait to go there and then you can't wait for redelivery.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2012 A3 update

I am all set with a delivery date of August 26 although from the letter in my Audi packet, received a few days ago, I could pick up from August 22 on. I'm to go into the dealership and pay in the next week or two. We are considering taking their offer of 2.9% financing.

We will arrive in Munich a few days before my delivery date so I'm hoping that Audi will pick us up at our hotel in Munich, rather than the airport as indicated in the packet. Anyone have experience with hotel pickup in Munich?

Thanks for all the good info here.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Forgot to mention that we have arranged to drop off the car in Amsterdam. Anyone else experienced with that location?

Quick Reply: 2012 A3 ED production date question