Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2013 A6 ED

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 A6 ED

I would like to say hello to all of my fellow Audi-philes! I am writing you from the USA where not all things Audi are the same as overseas. I am a newbie to posting on the forum, though I have been reading you for a while now. Thanks to everyone for all of the info that's posted in these threads. You have helped answer a lot of my questions over the last few months... Now I would like to return the favor!

I have spent the last couple of months thoroughly researching the next car I want to purchase and after going through all of the data, test drives, forums, reviews, etc., I'm sure it's no surprise to all of you that the A6 was a winner by a long shot. With that said, my wife and I have decided to order through the European Delivery program. The problem is that at this time of the year, it's too late to place an order on the 2012's and too early for the 2013's. So I am happy to say that as of yesterday, Audi is officially taking orders for the 2013! My dealer called me Monday morning and told me to come in, that it was finally here... The Order Guides had arrived! As you probably suspected, there are no major changes to the C7 platform this year, but there are some pretty cool additions as well as some package features that have been shuffled around (see forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2824960).

I have spent a lot of time reading every thread in the European Delivery forum, and while they answer most of my questions, I still found some things that were not clear to me. So, even though it might be redundant, I will document my process with th ED program as I go through it.

My wife and I would like to take delivery of our A6 in the first week of September, so we were thrilled when our dealer informed us that the 2013 Guides were in. I placed our order yesterday, Monday April 9. Our dealer sent me an email confirming the details of my order and I responded to him that all of the details were correct. Upon my response, my order was sent off to Gary at AoA... Now I wait for the next step...

I will continue to update this thread with my experience going through the ED program. I hope to help others understand the process as all of you Audi-philes have helped me!

BTW, I ordered:
3.0 Prestige
Daytona Gray Pearlecent
Black w/Aluminum Trim and Black Headliner
19" Sport, Cold Weather, Side Assist Pgs.

Thanks again to all of you for hours of enjoyable and informative reading!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congrats!!! That is indeed a fine car. What cars were you looking to compare to the A6?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome and congrats... Yes please keep us posted on updates for your ED. You are lucky, I am also aiming to do an ED in September/October on a 2013 Q5, but as of right now that model is not ready to be ordered. Best wishes with your ED process.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulation to you you and your wife!!!!!
Have you star planning your trip? Where is drop off?
Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rajputra
Congrats!!! That is indeed a fine car. What cars were you looking to compare to the A6?
I was looking for a sporty sedan, either small or medium, and spent over 3 months comparing Audi A4 & A6, Infiniti G37x, M56x, BMW 3 & 5 Series w/XDrive, Lexus GS 350 w/AWD and MB C & E Class w/4Matic. While in their own way, these are all very fine cars, for my taste and for what you get as an overall package, Audi came in on top.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Congratulation to you you and your wife!!!!!
Have you star planning your trip? Where is drop off?
Thank you! Yes, we have started planning and have quite a bit of our trip figured out, though we are still researching. I will be posting a tentative itinerary soon in hopes of getting some thoughts and suggestions from people who have traveled to those parts. Hopefully this will help us narrow down the myriad of options of things to do on our travels through Europe.

To answer your question, we will end our trip and drop off out car in Amsterdam.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nardo Polo
Thank you! Yes, we have started planning and have quite a bit of our trip figured out, though we are still researching. I will be posting a tentative itinerary soon in hopes of getting some thoughts and suggestions from people who have traveled to those parts. Hopefully this will help us narrow down the myriad of options of things to do on our travels through Europe.

To answer your question, we will end our trip and drop off out car in Amsterdam.
From what I read - Amsterdam drop off location hard to find - make sure you have good print out. Navigation some times off on this places.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
From what I read - Amsterdam drop off location hard to find - make sure you have good print out. Navigation some times off on this places.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll make it a point to familiarize myself with the drop off location in advance.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default ED update

So, I called my dealer today to ask if I could add the Power Trunk feature to my order. Unfortunately, he told me that it was too late and that it didn't matter, because Audi informed him that they will not be supporting that feature in the A6 this year after all. But on a good note, I got my Commission Number today! This means that the order has been locked in and I assume that I should be hearing from AoA in the near future. I will update you all as I get more info.