Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2013 S4 Euro Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

16. Toledo
17. Toledo
18. Segovia
19. Back to Madrid for drop off
Attached Images     

Last edited by TIME89; 07-08-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for posting pics. Just booked my plane tickets after getting confirmation of delivery date. As luck would have it, the day/weekend I plan to run laps around Nurburgring there's a DTM race on the grand prix track, so will try to get tickets to the race as well.

Thanks again for all your advice/help Time89.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Osicom
Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for posting pics. Just booked my plane tickets after getting confirmation of delivery date. As luck would have it, the day/weekend I plan to run laps around Nurburgring there's a DTM race on the grand prix track, so will try to get tickets to the race as well.

Thanks again for all your advice/help Time89.
Any time!!!!
Have great trip, enjoy your new car, drive like no tomorrow and don't forget post few pics here for rest of us.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Any time!!!!
Have great trip, enjoy your new car, drive like no tomorrow and don't forget post few pics here for rest of us.
Will do. I'm definitely going to be driving the car and pushing it...but any concerns about break in? Reading different things about regular break in vs wide open throttle.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Will do. I'm definitely going to be driving the car and pushing it...but any concerns about break in? Reading different things about regular break in vs wide open throttle.
Follow manual recommendation - for my car it was do not go over 4,000 rpm first 1,000 mls. And even with this limitation I was able to drive 125 mls/hr with 4 ppl and 4 full suitcases.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

OP: The Hotel Kempinski is probably the most enjoyable hotel I've ever stayed in... If you haven't booked there for the night before you fly home I would highly recommend it... I'd say Salzburg is a one day excursion... Old town, Mozart House, and the castle is about it... I would say that the short drive to Berchtesgaden is absolutely worth it.. The Eagles Nest is phenomenal and the Salt Mines are actually fascinating... Also you might want to squeeze in Nurnberg if possible as you should be passing by on your travels... Have a good time and takes lots of pics

Time89: Great pics
Old 07-09-2012, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I found perfect route for you, check out map link in this post

My wife and I drove the Deutsche Alpenstrasse last August. It is a wonderful drive and trip. I offer a few suggestions.

1. Allow time to step out of your car for photographs and to take in the scenery.
2. The scenery in the Bertchesgaden National park is spectacular as you drive through it. For us this was the highlight of the whole drive.
3. If you have a Nav System in your car, definitely lay out the trip on the map and follow along with the map. The Deutsche Alpenstrasse is not always well marked and it is easy to take the wrong turn with the nav.
4. With Nav use it as a series of short destinations, i.e. the next major town. Otherwise the Nav will keep directing you to the Autobahn.
5. The Eagles Nest is superb.
6. The Rossfeld-Hohenringstrasse or Rossfeld High Ring Strasse near Bertchesgaden is really cool. It winds up to the top of a mountain range.
7. Zugspitze is wonderful, especially if you hike to the top of the mountain at the cross.
8. Garmisch-Partenkirchen is a great place to stay. Alfred gave us the name of wonderful, simple restaurant to hike up to up in the mountains. You could pm him for that.
9. Salzburg and Salzkammergut in Austria make a nice extension to the Deutsche Alspenstrass.
10. Hiking in the mountains is really fun. It is even more enjoyable with Leki Trekking poles. My wife gave me a hard time for buying them, however in the mountains she thought that they were fantastic. Hiking in the mountains in Germany is a lot of fun. I especially like the fact that the Germans do not use guardrails except in extreme conditions.

The Deutsche Alpenstrasse and these sites make a fantastic trip. I am surprised that there is not more interest in this itinerary.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TIME89; 07-10-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! That looks like an option on the way back from Lake Constance.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a terrific trip!

I've been to many of the places on your itinerary, and they're all terrific.

I'm heading over about the same time to pick up an A7.

8/10 Dulles to Munich -- direct flight
8/11 Arrive mid-day in Munich -- relax, then Hofbrau Haus at night
8/12 Continue to enjoy Munich
8/13 Pick up the A7; factory & museum tour; travel to Telfs, Austria.
8/14 Visit Neuschwanstein Castle in AM, then on to Lindau on Lake Constance
8/15 Tour along north shore of the lake, then into the Black Forest
8/16 Drive into Alsace region of France
8/17 Drive into the Champagne region of France
8/18 Head into Paris
8/19 Paris
8/20 Paris
8/21 Return home

Enjoy the S4 on the autobahns all you can -- you and it will feel like you've been handcuffed when you get back to the States. And at 150 mph, you'll cover a lot of ground quickly!

Enjoy!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you Time89 and countless others in helping me plan my European Delivery. It was truly an amazing experience. Here are some photos from our trip.

Pickup at Audi Factory Ingolstadt

Off to Harburg Castle

Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber on the Romantic Road

Wurzburg Residence

Nurburgring Nordschleife entrance

DTM Race

Caracalla Spa in Baden-Baden

Black Forest Drive

Lake Constance

Lucerne

Lucerne

Neuschwanstein Castle