Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2014 A7 ED (Oct)

Old 05-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 A7 ED (Oct)

Hello all -

Looking for advice.
We are planning to put in an order for ED (2014 A7) mid June with our local Texas dealership with a hopeful delivery date in early October.

Read on the forums that the factories may be shutting down during the time and given end of production year, bit unlikely the above timeline will work/be practical.

Given your experience - do you think the above timeline sounds reasonable? thanks in advance.

best,
Old 05-13-2014, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wiseguy67
Hello all -

Looking for advice.
We are planning to put in an order for ED (2014 A7) mid June with our local Texas dealership with a hopeful delivery date in early October.

Read on the forums that the factories may be shutting down during the time and given end of production year, bit unlikely the above timeline will work/be practical.

Given your experience - do you think the above timeline sounds reasonable? thanks in advance.

best,
From my experience - factory usually shut down for retooling in the last 2 weeks of August.
September is a Month of next year production.
Exmpl: September 2014 - will be start of production year 2015.
But sometime manufactures totally screw this up and start new model production in April.

Send e-mail to Sarah at
europeandeliveryprogram@audi.com

Last edited by TIME89; 05-13-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
From my experience - factory usually shut down for retooling in the last 2 weeks of August.
September is a Month of next year production.
Exmpl: September 2014 - will be start of production year 2015.
But sometime manufactures totally screw this up and start new model production in April.

Send e-mail to Sarah at
Thanks. Checked with Sarah (below).
"There is a European holiday October 3rd that will cause the factory and delivery center to close but aside from that October is very available. "
Old 05-13-2014, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Checked with Sarah (below).
"There is a European holiday October 3rd that will cause the factory and delivery center to close but aside from that October is very available. "
O, yes! - October 3 - Day of German Unity
But rest of the month is available. You only missing one Friday.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

We ordered a 2015 MY (A7) 3 weeks ago for week of August 11th delivery at the factory. If you are looking at early Oct delivery I would assume its a 2015 model
Old 05-14-2014, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If you have a very specific pickup date, place the order now. I placed mine right after Christmas for Memorial Day pickup and almost had to settle for a day later. Audi will schedule your build appropriately, but you want to get that pickup on their calendar right away IMO.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great planning, you will be in Munich for the final week of Oktoberfest!!!

We did October 7, 2013 delivery on our SQ5. We ran into an issue last year when we wanted an October 4th delivery date. I had planned well into March with this date. We were always told, we had plenty of time and that June would be more than enough time for an October delivery. However when it came time for them to lock in our date, we were told the date was fully booked, plus since October 3rd was a holiday, they were also closing the factory on October 4th, so no factory tours. Eventually they were willing to squeeze us in for an October 4th delivery date, but the factory was still closed for tours on that date. I was a little upset that their website never mentioned this, plus no one from Audi ever told me about this date when I gave them my date much further in advance. In the end, I shifted our plans around to accommodate the following Monday (10/7).

Like others have mentioned, if you are looking for an October delivery date, you are most likely talking about the next year's model (2015). Assuming this isn't a brand new model year or a semi-new model year, there shouldn't be any issues with an early October delivery. For 2012, when the Q5 had a semi-new remodel, so production of the 2013 Q5 got delayed and caused us to back out of doing ED. As you get closer to late October, you could run into problems with their winter season which requires snow tires. So assuming production has begun for your 2015 A7 and you are aiming for early October, then there shouldn't be any issues. For me, it was almost a two year process, so I definitely had many questions and answers by the end of our journey. If you need to lock in a date, I would order as soon as possible. Good luck.

Last edited by alatsacto; 05-14-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! very helpful!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Features

Dealer got back with the pricing for 2015 A7.

Question on wheels. Planning to go with 19" given the noise etc. factor on the 20".

Is it worth to spend the extra $750 to get the 19" sport package? (i like the rims that come w/spoke pkg vs. the default rims), but not sure it they are worth the extra $750!?

thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Question on wheels. Planning to go with 19" given the noise etc. factor on the 20".
Look hard at tires - on the S6 the 19" wheels run 255/40-19 which is an unusual size. The 20" S6 wheels run 255/35-20 which is MUCH more common.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2858687
I don't know what the A7 runs, but I would advise looking into that before deciding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 A7 ED (Oct)