Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2015 A7 Euro Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gforaker
Thanks for sharing!

We are starting to get excited about our Oct. 20 delivery of our S4.

All of the surrounding dates were booked solid. Audi must be at their maximum for European Delivery. Does anyone know how many they can schedule per day?
We actually asked this question because the delivery process was extemely efficient. At peak times they can deliver 300-350 cars per day. Our delivery manager said the parking lot out front is packed with cars on those days.

For Dgrant69 and myself it was a slow day with only ~200 cars being delivered.

BTW... Dgrant69 and myself were the only 2 Americas picking up that day. Interesting is that they only have a small handful of Americas picking up each day. Vast majority are Germans taking delivery at the factory.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
We actually asked this question because the delivery process was extemely efficient. At peak times they can deliver 300-350 cars per day. Our delivery manager said the parking lot out front is packed with cars on those days.

For Dgrant69 and myself it was a slow day with only ~200 cars being delivered.

BTW... Dgrant69 and myself were the only 2 Americas picking up that day. Interesting is that they only have a small handful of Americas picking up each day. Vast majority are Germans taking delivery at the factory.
According to "Official Guide to European Delivery (2014 Edition)" in 2013 Audi deliver 320 cars to US customers by European Delivery. BMW around 2000.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, that was us. We drove to Paris that afternoon and spent a week there. The drive was great. We hit lots of great sections on the Autobahn, so I really got a chance to play with the car. How was your trip? Where did you guys go?

Last edited by Dgrant69; 08-22-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

What a great experience....I'm jealous. I regret not doing ED with the RS7. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, it looks like you got the best weather that central Europe can offer in August!

Would love to have anyone taking ED to visit Italy. Around a 5-6 hour drive from Munich to Vicenza. Have lived here over 10 years so the wife and I could show you the real Italy. Even if you're just passing thru there's always time for a cappuccino or a glass of wine.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
According to "Official Guide to European Delivery (2014 Edition)" in 2013 Audi deliver 320 cars to US customers by European Delivery. BMW around 2000.
That is what I thought. It is possible that the higher number included Europeans who chose to pick up their cars at the factory. The US customers are far fewer.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Dgrant69
Yes, that was us. We drove to Paris that afternoon and spent a week there. The drive was great. We hit lots of great sections on the Autobahn, so I really got a chance to play with the car. How was your trip? Where did you guys go?
We drove down to Lindau, Germany which is an island on the southern border of the country close to Austria. Then headed through Austria to Salzburg.

Autobahn was fun, but for me the winding roads through Austria were the highlight of the trip
Old 08-25-2014, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can you tell me how long it was between placing your order and it being ready for pick up?
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BMW defector
Can you tell me how long it was between placing your order and it being ready for pick up?
It will depend upon the date you choose for the pickup. Audi seems to have a limited number of slots per day. They are currently filling up around 2 months out. I don't think the current problem would be the build date, just pickup.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BMW defector
It all depends on your timing. As long as you are picking a delivery date within their normal delivery dates, then two-three months is a pretty good window. But if you want a specific delivery date, then you may want to order much further in advance. I ordered mine in June and picked up in October, but car was built by August.

Quick Reply: 2015 A7 Euro Delivery