Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Another ED order started

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by piotroosh
oops didn't know that... sorry
hint - you can put link inside your profile page
Just posted replay on your post on Q5 forum - CONGRATULATION on your ED.
If you have any question - don't be shy to ask.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the call!

Car has been built, dealer has invoice. I will going to pay for it later next week. It is true that I have to provide a check for the VAT (19%) which is returned after I drop the car off in Germany. I could see how this would be a pretty big issue. Since most people finance, having an extra 10k to tie up in the car is not a small thing. But it's not like my money is earning anything in the bank.

Less than a month now...
Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JMSIV
Car has been built, dealer has invoice. I will going to pay for it later next week. It is true that I have to provide a check for the VAT (19%) which is returned after I drop the car off in Germany. I could see how this would be a pretty big issue. Since most people finance, having an extra 10k to tie up in the car is not a small thing. But it's not like my money is earning anything in the bank.

Less than a month now...
I got my dealer to pay interest on the VAT deposit from the time I gave him the check until the time I dropped the car off in Munich. 4% if I recall. Better than my bank account.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So it's my car now! Paid for, and just got my final packet from Audi. My dealer is holding the VAT check, so really I am not "paying" it.
2 weeks.... 2 weeks..... 2 weeks.........
Old 04-13-2011, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Pickup

Picked it up! All I can say is that delivery was everything I thought it would be and more. Audi did a great job, everything was smooth, and the trip was truly epic. From the dealer, to AOA, to the Forum in Ingolstadt, the factory tour, even the drop off... perfect!

If you have any thought that you would enjoy this, then do it. Just do it.
Attached Images      
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhhh!!!! Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JMSIV
Picked it up! All I can say is that delivery was everything I thought it would be and more. Audi did a great job, everything was smooth, and the trip was truly epic. From the dealer, to AOA, to the Forum in Ingolstadt, the factory tour, even the drop off... perfect!

If you have any thought that you would enjoy this, then do it. Just do it.
Nice pics, looks like you had a great time.

Love the shot at the Nürburgring. The Titanium package looks terrific on the Sprint Blue.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It's on the boat!

Estimated departure date April 21, estimated arrival date in Bruswick GA May 4. NOW I am getting excited. AWE is already building my exhaust, so it should time out nicely.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Beautiful car!

The Nürburgring shot at the carrousel is awesome! How did you get that taken? A quick glance at frozenspeed.com didn't surface any mentions to Nürburgring.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DarthRay
Congrats! Beautiful car!

The Nürburgring shot at the carrousel is awesome! How did you get that taken? A quick glance at frozenspeed.com didn't surface any mentions to Nürburgring.

Thanks!
While waiting for the 'Ring to open we happened to overhear an American accent and met a guy from Idaho with a lot of experience there. He took me around in his GT3 to "warm the tires up". Incredible! Anyway, he is friends with the frozenspeed guy, so he called him to see if he would be taking pictures, and told him we would be coming around and would like some. Later in the evening Jochen (that's the photographer) was at the Pistenklause restaurant (Sabine's family place in the Tiergarten hotel). He previewed the pics for me there and I bought everything he had, plus a cool book of stuff he did in 2010. It was perfect! Email him and ask, he's a really nice guy and is there a fair bit I think when he is not covering other races.

To be honest, the entire trip went like that. Perfect weather (65-70 every day and not a drop of rain), great hotels, great food, great beer, great wine, great roads, nice people. Just fantastic.

Quick Reply: Another ED order started