Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Audi Driver's Day anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried Audi's Driver's Day while doing an ED? I'm planning my ED for late 2011 and if it's worth it I'd like to take the opportunity to also participate in one of the trainings they have available.

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...ver_s_day.html

Thanks!

More information:

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/exp...xperience.html

I was looking specifically at the Basic & Drif Trainning. Looks like fun!

Last edited by TIME89; 12-30-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: same info
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DarthRay
Has anyone tried Audi's Driver's Day while doing an ED? I'm planning my ED for late 2011 and if it's worth it I'd like to take the opportunity to also participate in one of the trainings they have available.

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...ver_s_day.html

Thanks!

More information:

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/exp...xperience.html

I was looking specifically at the Basic & Drif Trainning. Looks like fun!
Yes, we did. It was a lot of fun to take out a car you normally would not be able to and drive it like it was engineered and designed to be driven. Took out an S8 for the day and drove through the Amtel Valley (one of the recommended routes). they already had the whole route in the Nav. system so we wouldn't get lost. Lots of great sites and smooth and curvy b-roads. Afterward, hit the Autobahn to see what she would do...we ended up topping out at 150 mph. It was a toss up between the s8 and an RS4 Avant.

Here is my write up from the first few days of our trip that included Audi Drivers Day.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=k2audi
Old 01-28-2010, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey k2audi,

Nice to hear someone already tried Audi driver's day.

Did you do the ED and the training on the same trip? How did you manage to schedule them?

Audi AG is asking for payment in full 8 weeks prior to the training day. I quickly did the calculations in my head and I don't think there would be enough time for me to learn about my ED delivery day in order to correctly schedule and pay for the training.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey k2audi,

Nice to hear someone already tried Audi driver's day.

Did you do the ED and the training on the same trip? How did you manage to schedule them?

Audi AG is asking for payment in full 8 weeks prior to the training day. I quickly did the calculations in my head and I don't think there would be enough time for me to learn about my ED delivery day in order to correctly schedule and pay for the training.
When you say training, are you referring to the Audi Drivers Day?

Since we were the very first customers to do Audi's European Delivery they helped us out a lot with scheduling. They really wanted to make sure everything went very smoothly and followed our progress very closely. We took 2 full days in Ingolstadt. Day 1 was for the delivery of our car and the second day was strictly for Audi Drivers Day. There is not enough time in one day to do both.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me more directly too, maybe I can share some more insight on what you can expect.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, sorry, I meant Audi Driver's Day. I'm planning on doing the Audi Training Experience and forgot the Audi Driver's Day also include other things.

The Basic & Drifting training is a 2-day training so I wasn't expecting to do that and the delivery on the same day. Right now I'm thinking delivery on a Monday and the traning on a Wed and Thu. Of course, that's my imagination at work here -- I have no way to know if that's going to work.

Thanks, this does help. Also, thank you for offering to provide more info. Even though my ED process won't start for a few months, I'll take your offer. I'll contact you.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, sorry, I meant Audi Driver's Day. I'm planning on doing the Audi Training Experience and forgot the Audi Driver's Day also include other things.

The Basic & Drifting training is a 2-day training so I wasn't expecting to do that and the delivery on the same day. Right now I'm thinking delivery on a Monday and the traning on a Wed and Thu. Of course, that's my imagination at work here -- I have no way to know if that's going to work.

Thanks, this does help. Also, thank you for offering to provide more info. Even though my ED process won't start for a few months, I'll take your offer. I'll contact you.
It should work no problem. The delivery day can take most of the day if you want it to. It's fun to soak up this whole experience. The delivery process, the factory tour, the Mobile Museum, the restaurants, the gift shop, and the other areas of the Forum like the Audi Exclusive area, and make sure to catch the English version of the movie at the Museum. You could start the training day on the following day instead of having a day in between too. Unless that in between day is the day you are thinking about doing Audi drivers Day.

On another note, something I have been thinking about for our next Euro delivery trip. Depending on which vehicle I go with...have some mods done while I am there by the best Audi tuning shops nearby. MTM software upgrade and exhaust system is on my wish list. Also, I tried while I was there, picking up some euro specific parts for your car that you will not find stateside or almost immpossible to get. Just a thought since you are picking up an S4
Old 01-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sounded like a waste of money to me as it is basically a sightseeing tour!! Spend your money on a course at the Nurburgring through BMW or Porsche, just my 2 cents worth;-)
Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I was actually looking into the Basic & Drifting training. That's an actual training with instructors showing how to attach a bend, use your breaks and how to drift. Audi Driver's Day also include sightseeing tours though.

I'm keeping an eye on courses at the 'ring too. They say those are sold out a year in advance though.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by K2audi
On another note, something I have been thinking about for our next Euro delivery trip. Depending on which vehicle I go with...have some mods done while I am there by the best Audi tuning shops nearby. MTM software upgrade and exhaust system is on my wish list. Also, I tried while I was there, picking up some euro specific parts for your car that you will not find stateside or almost immpossible to get. Just a thought since you are picking up an S4
That's a good tip. I would be a little concerned about mods like the MTM upgrade though unless they offer warranty through an US dealer. I like the idea of euro parts though. Do you have anything specific in mind? When I was considering the A3 some time ago, I know I would probably get the amber turn signals. I haven't checked the S4 yet though.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/d...roduction.html

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsand...pnuerburgring/

You have got to get to the Ring, it is an great experience even if you drive it once! The atomosphere and energy is fantastic, plus the roads around the Ring are very good!

I recommend the Dorint hotel trackside!

Quick Reply: Audi Driver's Day anyone?