Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Audi gear for purchase at Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi gear for purchase at Forum

Pickup is just 7 days away! I've already got my eye on a slick jacket and watch, and my wife wants some Audi gear as well. Does anyone know if the gear sold in Ingolstadt is any different than what I've seen at US dealerships and online? Are the prices comparable? Any discounts for ED? I think I read that someone received a VAT refund form from the shop. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They had a lot more stuff than found at MY dealer at least. Some of it very expensive. No discounts for ED. Perhaps you can get a VAT refund slip from them to turn in at the airport but we didn't ask / bother. The delivery person gave us two Audi Forum key chains with the car.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You should be able to get the same VAT tax refund paperwork as with any other purchase--though we didn't get anything there.

I was surprised and disappointed that I couldn't buy good maps at the Forum shop. My one disappointment about the delivery day program.

I say Audi is could make a bit of money from all the folks who haven't got good roadmaps when they get to Ingolstadt. So my map money went to some bookstores instead.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked up our S5 just three weeks ago. I found the Audi shop quite disappointing, for instance compared to the BMW shop at BMW Welt in Munich. Decent selection in baby clothing and die-cast cars, but the adult clothing items weren't spectacular. Didn't find any "must have" accessories or anything that appeared to be particularly unique. Just my personal opinion, of course.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5hopeful
Picked up our S5 just three weeks ago. I found the Audi shop quite disappointing, for instance compared to the BMW shop at BMW Welt in Munich. Decent selection in baby clothing and die-cast cars, but the adult clothing items weren't spectacular. Didn't find any "must have" accessories or anything that appeared to be particularly unique. Just my personal opinion, of course.
Agreed. There seems to be a lot of baby products compared to adults. Nothing I really wanted and all expensive.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Curiously, I thought the Audi gear at the shop near the Kempinski Hotel at the Munich airport was somewhat nicer (perhaps a bit less in terms of selection, but a cut above in terms of quality). The shop at the Forum in Ingolstadt was a bit disappointing.