Best post-delivery German roadtrips? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > General Car Discussion > Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion
Reload this Page > Best post-delivery German roadtrips?
Notices
Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Best post-delivery German roadtrips?

Old 08-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Best post-delivery German roadtrips?

I'm planning about a week's stay in Germany after taking delivery in Ingolstadt. I'll be with my 7-year old daughter, so am thinking of castles and other good scenery for her to enjoy. I'm converging on the Alpine Road (vs. Castle Road - they both include Ludwig's famous castle, so we're pretty good there either way) and possibly the Hochstrasse in the Black Forest if there's time, taking part of the Romantic Road to Frankfurt for drop-off and departure.

If it were just me, I'd drive all day and cover as many fun roads as I could. With a 7-year old, I'm going to have to get out of the car a bit more and enjoy some local culture directly. Should I concentrate on just one road and take it leisurely? (I'm also hoping to get through the break-in period before I leave as I won't have as many chances to really open the car up once it gets back home with me.)

I considered the Nurburgring, but with my daughter in the back seat and it seems like accidents every day there, that might be a risk I should avoid.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

scot
Old 08-08-2017, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

With a 7 year old Nurburgring might be a bit much. While you might be really careful you have to consider that not everyone is as considerate. If Nurburgring is really on your bucket list look into the Ring Taxi and have them take your around the track.

Depending on the route you are taking see if you can swing down to Grossglockner in Austria. About and hour south of Salzburg and one of the best drives in Western Europe for fun and scenery. We've done it twice and never disappoints.

https://www.grossglockner.at/gg/en/index

In our past travels in Germany and Austria just getting off the main highways and taking backroads is always a treat
Old 08-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chicagoA6 View Post

Depending on the route you are taking see if you can swing down to Grossglockner in Austria. About and hour south of Salzburg and one of the best drives in Western Europe for fun and scenery. We've done it twice and never disappoints.

https://www.grossglockner.at/gg/en/index

In our past travels in Germany and Austria just getting off the main highways and taking backroads is always a treat
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it. We're going the second week of October, luckily after Oktoberfest, so I am hoping we can be flexible on the road and arrange accommodations while there as we figure out where we're going rather than planning all routes and accommodations in advance. In your experience, will that likely work?

The 'ring is on the wish list, but it's hard to be satisfied with a taxi ride when I actually will have my own car ready to go! I guess that's just an excuse for another ED purchase some time in the future....

-scot
Old 08-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For a 7 year old, I'd definitely do Ludwig's castles. The glockenspiel at the Munich Marienplatz is kinda neat. The Black Forest is really nice too. Great place to get out of doors.

Search this Thread