AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/)
-   -   Delivery in Germany other than the factory? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/delivery-germany-other-than-factory-2876510/)

jokencht 12-24-2014 08:26 AM

Delivery in Germany other than the factory?

Am planning to be in Northern Germany in August (Hamburg, Berlin) and want to know if I can take delivery at either drop off center and then drop the car off for shipping home the same day?
Is there a minimum amount of time that you must be in possession of the auto to qualify for overseas delivery?

TIME89 12-24-2014 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by jokencht (Post 24637773)
Am planning to be in Northern Germany in August (Hamburg, Berlin) and want to know if I can take delivery at either drop off center and then drop the car off for shipping home the same day?
Is there a minimum amount of time that you must be in possession of the auto to qualify for overseas delivery?

No minimum amount. YOu can drive straight from Delivery center to drop off location.
OR
Spend few hours with your car - and take to autobahn to enjoy legal 130 mph.
It's up to you.
Just post few pics for us here. :)

Regarding delivery in other location - not sure, you may need to contact AUDI ED department with this question (95% no - but you can try for 5%)

HerrK 12-24-2014 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by jokencht (Post 24637773)

I know that BMW buyers often pickup their cars and drop off immediately. Some only take possession and have a service company pick it up for transport to the transport firm. Of course the BMW discount may range from 10-13% depending on vehicle and options. You will get 5-6% off MSRP, at most with Audi. Not sure what the rationale for your Pickup/drop off ED. It's no big money saver, you have to wait 6-10 weeks for redelivery to the US, & now you paid or are payng for the car during overseas transport. We've done it for a driving vacation & to visit the German relatives. OK I've ticked one off the bucket list & drove the "Ring". It's still a US spec model. If you would special order from the dealer, which you don't have to pay for or begin finance payments until you take delivery.

The dropoff locations are not legally associated with Audi (nor Volvo, BMW, MB, or Porsche) except for transport/shipment from what I've expereienced.

Send an email to the Audi ED rep on the forum. Let us know what you find out.

gforaker 12-26-2014 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24637850)
I know that BMW buyers often pickup their cars and drop off immediately. Some only take possession and have a service company pick it up for transport to the transport firm. Of course the BMW discount may range from 10-13% depending on vehicle and options. You will get 5-6% off MSRP, at most with Audi. Not sure what the rationale for your Pickup/drop off ED. It's no big money saver, you have to wait 6-10 weeks for redelivery to the US, & now you paid or are payng for the car during overseas transport. We've done it for a driving vacation & to visit the German relatives. OK I've ticked one off the bucket list & drove the "Ring". It's still a US spec model. If you would special order from the dealer, which you don't have to pay for or begin finance payments until you take delivery.

The dropoff locations are not legally associated with Audi (nor Volvo, BMW, MB, or Porsche) except for transport/shipment from what I've expereienced.

Send an email to the Audi ED rep on the forum. Let us know what you find out.

I agree, it would not really be worthwhile if you don't factor in the use of the car there. Combined with a vacation you avoid the cost of a rental car. The discount off of the sticker price is not going to pay for your airfare compared to a normal discount from a dealer here.