AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/)
-   -   Destination charge OR no destination charge ($925) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/destination-charge-no-destination-charge-%24925-2867736/)

wiseguy67 06-19-2014 01:58 PM

Destination charge OR no destination charge ($925)

Folks - time has come.

Dealer has asked to pay destination charge of $925 on ED. Is this something that is standing and we pay for ED OR do I need to push back on this?

thanks in advance

TIME89 06-19-2014 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by wiseguy67 (Post 24579356)
Folks - time has come.

Dealer has asked to pay destination charge of $925 on ED. Is this something that is standing and we pay for ED OR do I need to push back on this?

thanks in advance

You have to pay distanation charge. I post here replay from Audi ED regarding distanation charges. Not in front of my PC to search for you.

Richard Solomon 06-19-2014 06:52 PM

Well, I supposed that *EVERYTHING* is in some sense negotiable, but as TIME89 pointed out, the destination charge is a part of the "standard" ED price determination.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ination+charge

I paid it on my car.

TIME89 06-19-2014 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon (Post 24579437)
Well, I supposed that *EVERYTHING* is in some sense negotiable, but as TIME89 pointed out, the destination charge is a part of the "standard" ED price determination.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ination+charge

I paid it on my car.

I did too. I think only MBZ and Volvo wave this charges.

wiseguy67 06-20-2014 06:51 AM

Thanks. Dealer offered me 5% off MSRP and asked for the $1k deposit up front.

Guess thats the best deal (FYI - i dont qualify for the loyalty or conquest discount).

Richard Solomon 06-20-2014 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by wiseguy67 (Post 24579560)

Guess thats the best deal (FYI - i dont qualify for the loyalty or conquest discount).

5% off is the standard deal, deposit varies, as apparently does the VAT deposit. My dealer took a check for $4K and held it to place the order. When I paid for the car, he handed back the check. No VAT check ever requested.

TIME89 06-20-2014 07:18 AM

You in luck - Because you live in California - deposit is refundable if you change your mind.
$1K - he just wont to make sure you not run to another dealership.

TIME89 06-20-2014 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon (Post 24579564)
5% off is the standard deal, deposit varies, as apparently does the VAT deposit. My dealer took a check for $4K and held it to place the order. When I paid for the car, he handed back the check. No VAT check ever requested.

No more VAT check required!!!!
If your dealer asking for it - that mean he has no idea what he is doing or last time done ED 3 yrs ago.

dalek453 06-20-2014 07:28 AM

Tough Dealer Negotiations

I talked to 3 dealers and none would allow any more than the standard 5% discount off of the Total MSRP including local delivery and purchased options. All three would not throw in the delivery when asked knowing that the $925 could be a deal breaker. I did not have to put down a Deposit, and I did get my dealer to agree to hold the 19% V.A.T. check rather than cash it, as it will be returned after I take delivery in the USA. I pick up the 2015 A-6 TDI Prestige in Ingolstadt in September, 2014. Octoberfest is FUN but Lodging and Restaurants are busier than normal. Get your reservations as early as possible.

Richard Solomon 06-20-2014 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by TIME89 (Post 24579567)
No more VAT check required!!!!
If your dealer asking for it - that mean he has no idea what he is doing or last time done ED 3 yrs ago.

That's not really fair TIME89, the 2013 Dealer Guide still called for a VAT check from the customer.

The 2014 Dealer Guide says (emphasis mine):

Audi of America no longer requires the dealer to collect the Value Added Tax (19% of the MSRP) from the customer. It is at the dealer’s discretion to collect the VAT from the customer prior to delivery to secure his/her own financial liability. If the customer does not return the vehicle within 90 days of delivery, the dealer will be re-invoiced by Audi of America for the VAT.
So especially if it's a dealer you do not have an existing relationship with, their asking for VAT is simple self-protection on their part!