Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > General Car Discussion > Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion
Reload this Page >

Destination charge OR no destination charge ($925)

Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Destination charge OR no destination charge ($925)

 
Old 06-20-2014, 07:57 AM
  #11  
AudiWorld Super User
 
TIME89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,100
Default

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon View Post


So especially if it's a dealer you do not have an existing relationship with, their asking for VAT is simple self-protection on their part!
This.
TIME89 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:04 AM
  #12  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 344
Default

Originally Posted by dalek453 View Post
I talked to 3 dealers and none would allow any more than the standard 5% discount off of the Total MSRP including local delivery and purchased options. All three would not throw in the delivery when asked knowing that the $925 could be a deal breaker. I did not have to put down a Deposit, and I did get my dealer to agree to hold the 19% V.A.T. check rather than cash it, as it will be returned after I take delivery in the USA. I pick up the 2015 A-6 TDI Prestige in Ingolstadt in September, 2014. Octoberfest is FUN but Lodging and Restaurants are busier than normal. Get your reservations as early as possible.
Yup 5% off of MSRP for ED seems pretty standard with basically no wiggle room. I was able to talk down less than $100 off on top of the 5% based on how the numbers rounded out after tax. The total came out less than $100 over $60k, so I asked if they could sell me my SQ5 for under $60k ($59,999) out the door. The destination charge is a standard charge that everyone including ED customers have to pay. As discussed in other threads, some may claim dealer's waived destination charge, but they paid MSRP or a higher price compared to the 5% off, so at the end they "paid" for the destination charge.

Yup Oktoberfest inflates the hotel prices in Munich during that time, but it's definitely worth experiencing. If you plan in advance and look for hotels slightly outside of the main area, you can find some more reasonable prices. We stayed at a Holiday Inn near the metro so it was only a 5-10 min train ride to Oktoberfest at probably half the price of other hotels near that area. If you have multiple people, don't forget you can get a partner day pass which allows up to 5 people on 1 ticket at a price less than buying 2 individual day passes. Good luck.
alatsacto is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:15 AM
  #13  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 62
Default price

Thanks.

This is what its shaking out to. Will be putting in the $1k later today!
2014 Audi A7 Base MSRP $65900
Destination Charge $925
Metallic Paint $550
Prestige $3850
Cold Weather Package $500
Power Closing Doors $500
Black Headliner $0
Front Grill Filler $0
Fine Grain Ash Inlay $0
Ice Silver Metallic
Nougat Brown
Total Price $72225/$68613.75 after discount
*19 Sports Package $750
*Total Price $72975/$69326.25 after discount
wiseguy67 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:27 AM
  #14  
AudiWorld Super User
 
TIME89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,100
Default

Originally Posted by wiseguy67 View Post
Thanks.

This is what its shaking out to. Will be putting in the $1k later today!
2014 Audi A7 Base MSRP $65900
Destination Charge $925
Metallic Paint $550
Prestige $3850
Cold Weather Package $500
Power Closing Doors $500
Black Headliner $0
Front Grill Filler $0
Fine Grain Ash Inlay $0
Ice Silver Metallic
Nougat Brown
Total Price $72225/$68613.75 after discount
*19 Sports Package $750
*Total Price $72975/$69326.25 after discount
I wish I can drive this car in autobahn....
TIME89 is offline  
Old 06-26-2014, 10:55 AM
  #15  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Doylestown, OH
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by alatsacto View Post
Yup 5% off of MSRP for ED seems pretty standard with basically no wiggle room. I was able to talk down less than $100 off on top of the 5% based on how the numbers rounded out after tax. The total came out less than $100 over $60k, so I asked if they could sell me my SQ5 for under $60k ($59,999) out the door. The destination charge is a standard charge that everyone including ED customers have to pay. As discussed in other threads, some may claim dealer's waived destination charge, but they paid MSRP or a higher price compared to the 5% off, so at the end they "paid" for the destination charge.
This is pretty much the attitude I am getting from dealers here in Ohio. Audi is giving me 5%, so why should they give me any more? What am I, greedy? Compared to BMW or Mercedes, Audi's attitude seems quite arrogant. The wife is already sold on the S4 for this current purchase, but any future ED purchase would lean to BMW or Mercedes. Similar cars would be thousands cheaper in the end. Audi dealers openly say they would probably give up to 5% or more discount on a car off their lot so in the end, there is really no serious discount or advantage other than the experience.

AUDI-USA ARE YOU LISTENING?
gforaker is offline  
Old 06-26-2014, 11:00 AM
  #16  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 20,326
Default

Originally Posted by gforaker View Post
Audi dealers openly say they would probably give up to 5% or more discount on a car off their lot so in the end, there is really no serious discount or advantage other than the experience.

AUDI-USA ARE YOU LISTENING?
Funny, I heard the same thing from BMW & Mercedes dealers when I was cross-shopping, not sure why you pin this on Audi.

From what I can see, the ED "discount" comes into play on high-demand cars where the dealer doesn't lose an allocation and the customer doesn't pay a premium. Factoring in the cost of the vacation, I sure didn't "save" any money even on a high-demand car nor would doubling the discount have made it so
Richard Solomon is offline  
Old 06-26-2014, 07:21 PM
  #17  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Doylestown, OH
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon View Post
Funny, I heard the same thing from BMW & Mercedes dealers when I was cross-shopping, not sure why you pin this on Audi.

From what I can see, the ED "discount" comes into play on high-demand cars where the dealer doesn't lose an allocation and the customer doesn't pay a premium. Factoring in the cost of the vacation, I sure didn't "save" any money even on a high-demand car nor would doubling the discount have made it so
The big difference with BMW is that the discount from BMW is 7% and then the dealer adds a discount equal or greater than their normal discount. This adds up to many thousands greater discount than Audi.

Mercedes starts at 7% and also waives the destination fee which Audi charges almost $1000 for.

Well, like I said, the wife fell in love with the S4 so we signed the ED deal this evening for an October delivery.
gforaker is offline  
Old 06-26-2014, 07:53 PM
  #18  
AudiWorld Super User
 
TIME89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,100
Default

Originally Posted by gforaker View Post

Well, like I said, the wife fell in love with the S4 so we signed the ED deal this evening for an October delivery.
Congratulations !!!!
TIME89 is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 05:01 AM
  #19  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 20,326
Default

Originally Posted by gforaker View Post
The big difference with BMW is that the discount from BMW is 7% and then the dealer adds a discount equal or greater than their normal discount. This adds up to many thousands greater discount than Audi.

Mercedes starts at 7% and also waives the destination fee which Audi charges almost $1000 for.
Well, all I can say is I was quickly offered discounts on cars on the lot and inbound from the factory, and all dealers said ED was a fixed price program. Now admittedly I didn't get to the actual negotiation phase with anyone but Audi, so maybe they would have later.

In any case, I hope your wife enjoys her new car and you both enjoy the ED trip.
Richard Solomon is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 07:06 AM
  #20  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Doylestown, OH
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon View Post
Well, all I can say is I was quickly offered discounts on cars on the lot and inbound from the factory, and all dealers said ED was a fixed price program. Now admittedly I didn't get to the actual negotiation phase with anyone but Audi, so maybe they would have later.

In any case, I hope your wife enjoys her new car and you both enjoy the ED trip.
Bimmerfest is full of detailed ED pricing and strategies. Definitely not a fixed price and BMW dealers are eager to deal. We didn't get that far with Mercedes, but I think it would be between BMW and Audi on aggressiveness though Mercedes already gives up several thousand dollars more than Audi from the start.
gforaker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Destination charge OR no destination charge ($925)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: