Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

ED Process Begun

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ED Process Begun

After some travail with one Audi dealer, I was able to start the ED process for a Q5 2.0t premium plus. First dealer (Miramar Audi in San Diego) wanted 10% down with NO ability to cancel if something came up. Since they said that was dealer policy, I took my business elswehere (Hoehn Audi in Carlsbad) & they wanted only $2500 and I could cancel at just about any time & get my money back. So there it is, we'll see how it works out. Looking for late April delivery with two weeks of driving around Germany, Austria, Italy,& Switzerland. Hope the weather's not too bad at that time. Shouldn't be too many tourists.
First Audi, though I've had 11 VW's over the years, the first being a 68 Fasback which I picked up new in Frankfurt (back when VW had ED).
Old 01-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck and have fun! I hope you have read some of the posts below, so you might be aware of some of the "Pitfalls". That way you won't be disappointed or surprised and possibly will be able to have a experience that goes smoothly!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Update

OK, received my commission number with car available 21 March. Planning on pick-up on 26 April, so it'll have to sit a while.
Thinking of passing on Audi paid one night hotel since there will three of us (me, my wife, and daughter) & we'd rather spend a few nights in downtown Munich before picking up the car & would rather not drive in downtown Munich. Hopefully, Audi will send the A8L to downtown Munich to pick us up.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sesomme
OK, received my commission number with car available 21 March. Planning on pick-up on 26 April, so it'll have to sit a while.
Thinking of passing on Audi paid one night hotel since there will three of us (me, my wife, and daughter) & we'd rather spend a few nights in downtown Munich before picking up the car & would rather not drive in downtown Munich. Hopefully, Audi will send the A8L to downtown Munich to pick us up.
Just a reminder, to drive to Munich center you need green pass. Nothing wrong to call AUDI ED and see if they can help you with one more night for Munich hotel.
Personal advice - do not try to pick up car the same day you get to Munich, jet lag will know down all of you in the middle of process.
Audi will send A8L - this is a fact.
Good luck - if this your first ED I recommend spend some time on our WIKI page, and see first two post on this forum.
If you have any question - don't be shy to ask. And remember - there no stupid question here - all question is good.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK, Thanks.

We'll be stopping in London for several days first, then on to Munich. Will pick up car on last day in Munich & then leave from Ingolstadt and drive around for two weeks - Salzburg, Lake Como, Zurich - & drop off car in Frankfurt. Doubt Audi wants to pay for three nights in Munich for three of us. Just hope they'll pick us up at a Munich hotel other than the Kempinski airport hotel.

So far, I think I've got a decent handle on the idiosyncracies of Audi ED. This forum has helped and the Audi site is reasonbly clear. Althought this will be my second ED, I date myself when I say that my first ED was a VW Type 3 Fastback, back in 1968.

Originally Posted by TIME89
Just a reminder, to drive to Munich center you need green pass. Nothing wrong to call AUDI ED and see if they can help you with one more night for Munich hotel.
Personal advice - do not try to pick up car the same day you get to Munich, jet lag will know down all of you in the middle of process.
Audi will send A8L - this is a fact.
Good luck - if this your first ED I recommend spend some time on our WIKI page, and see first two post on this forum.
If you have any question - don't be shy to ask. And remember - there no stupid question here - all question is good.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Regarding Zurich - read this post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Understand Zurich's somewhat of a bore, but our daughter's flying out of Zurich so she can go back to work. As my wife & I are retired, we'll take a few more days to get to Frankfurt via Bodensee & Black Forest most likley.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Understand Zurich's somewhat of a bore, but our daughter's flying out of Zurich so she can go back to work. As my wife & I are retired, we'll take a few more days to get to Frankfurt via Bodensee & Black Forest most likley.
YOu did very well of planning your trip. One more time -congrats!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks again. Your signature indicates you're planning ED this year. When's that happening?

Originally Posted by TIME89
YOu did very well of planning your trip. One more time -congrats!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks again. Your signature indicates you're planning ED this year. When's that happening?
Need to change my signature. It will not happen this year for sure do to my financial situation.

Quick Reply: ED Process Begun