Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

ED questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ED questions

I just want to get some questions answered regarding ED. I've ordered Q5 in December. I finally got a call from the dealer today with estimated production date, week of march 8th. The car will be ready for pickup after April 6th. All this info appeared after i emailed Gary with inquiry. He contacted my dealer and they basically told the same thing as Gary's email. Anyway, what is this commission number? Does it serve any purpose? I've already decided on the route i want to take after I pick up the car. My salesman openly told me that he knows nothing about ED and asked if I could fill him in as the process goes on. Any suggestions on drop off points? I was thinking Frankfurt but after reading all the posts about the cars being damaged in transit I might take it to Bremerhaven directly. What about Munich? I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vanya, pls check ED WIKI and Q & A thread. I all write you more, when switch from my iTouch to laptop.
--------------

I don't think driving To port will help speed up your redelivery time. Munich is very popular drop off location for BMW owners.
Regarding your route - how many days you have?
what do you would like to see?
how many ppl in your party?

Last edited by TIME89; 01-15-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CrazyIvan
I just want to get some questions answered regarding ED. I've ordered Q5 in December. I finally got a call from the dealer today with estimated production date, week of march 8th. The car will be ready for pickup after April 6th. All this info appeared after i emailed Gary with inquiry. He contacted my dealer and they basically told the same thing as Gary's email. Anyway, what is this commission number? Does it serve any purpose? I've already decided on the route i want to take after I pick up the car. My salesman openly told me that he knows nothing about ED and asked if I could fill him in as the process goes on. Any suggestions on drop off points? I was thinking Frankfurt but after reading all the posts about the cars being damaged in transit I might take it to Bremerhaven directly. What about Munich? I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Give me your email address and I will send you a document that will help you out. I hope to post it on this site soon.

My car arrived with stains (White IBIS)on the paint that I will have to buff out as several washes have not gotten the stains out!

You really don't need your dealership, except for the PDI upon return. Ask your dealership now if they do a PDI, as mine stated they don't and did not to a PDI which formally checks for Transport damage. It resulted in an experience that I will not repeat.

Also, as I have stated in a previous post, take pics of your car and even the underside/chasis. Be at your dealership when they do the PDI and you check for damage while it is on a Hoist.

I will be honest, I didn't like the location of where I dropped off my Audi in Munich, that parking lot was a little tight and every "Joe Schmoe" was just parking their cars as in open spots as they pleased.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CFGTTS
Give me your email address and I will send you a document that will help you out. I hope to post it on this site soon.

My car arrived with stains (White IBIS)on the paint that I will have to buff out as several washes have not gotten the stains out!

You really don't need your dealership, except for the PDI upon return. Ask your dealership now if they do a PDI, as mine stated they don't and did not to a PDI which formally checks for Transport damage. It resulted in an experience that I will not repeat.

Also, as I have stated in a previous post, take pics of your car and even the underside/chasis. Be at your dealership when they do the PDI and you check for damage while it is on a Hoist.

I will be honest, I didn't like the location of where I dropped off my Audi in Munich, that parking lot was a little tight and every "Joe Schmoe" was just parking their cars as in open spots as they pleased.
What do you mine by PDI ?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CFGTTS

Here is my email:
xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Edit: I remove e-mail.Please use Private Mail option to send your e-mail.

Last edited by TIME89; 01-16-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pre-delivery inspection or "Perfect Delivery Inspection". The dealership I dealt with was under the impression that they didn't have to do it as the car was picked up in Europe. WRONG. One critical part of the PDI is putting the car up on a Hoist and doing a 2 person check for Transport damage;-)
Old 01-16-2010, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Here is my email:
xxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
CrazyIvan, I don't think it's a good idea to publish your real e-mail in a public forum.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Vanya, pls check ED WIKI and Q & A thread. I all write you more, when switch from my iTouch to laptop.
--------------

I don't think driving To port will help speed up your redelivery time. Munich is very popular drop off location for BMW owners.
Regarding your route - how many days you have?
what do you would like to see?
how many ppl in your party?
I think I'll drop off in Munich after all. I'll have bout 5-7 days total. That's more like 5 days really. Last day is shot due to drop off and the first day is about the same. I do want to check out BMW Welt on the first day ( I didnt get to do ED for my 135i)and pick up the car on the second day. Then drive down to Stelvio Pass, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Nurburgring and back to Munich. Plus I still want to visit friends in Frankfurt area and in Bavaria. My friend might come along or I'll just do it by myself. What do you think? My production week is march 8th and delivery after april 6th.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I think I'll drop off in Munich after all. I'll have bout 5-7 days total. That's more like 5 days really. Last day is shot due to drop off and the first day is about the same. I do want to check out BMW Welt on the first day ( I didnt get to do ED for my 135i)and pick up the car on the second day. Then drive down to Stelvio Pass, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Nurburgring and back to Munich. Plus I still want to visit friends in Frankfurt area and in Bavaria. My friend might come along or I'll just do it by myself. What do you think? My production week is march 8th and delivery after april 6th.
Little aggressive but doable.
If you wish to see Welt, I would recommend to stay in hotel Campinsky Airport.
Just remember, Audi pick up one night stay in the hotel. So, if you fly in in the morning or middle of the day, check in to hotel, take a train to Welt and from welt take a train to Mariin Plaza and back to hotel. I herd breakfast there is very good. Next morning Audi will send car for your pick up.
One more advice - make sure you give your self time to adjust for new time zone.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do you think you are going to drive the Stelvio? Not in April if that is your intent. Nurburgring is worth it! Dorint Novotel at the ring is great with track views if you need a place to stay. Check your date online to make sure the track will be open to public that day!

Expect to your car to have miles on it, or I would be interested to know if it does as they will probably drive your car out to the farm lots for storage. Let me know. Mine had 26 miles on it. Not sure where they came from.

Quick Reply: ED questions