Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

ED in winter, would I have to order with all season tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ED in winter, would I have to order with all season tires?

I live in FL, and looking at ordering an allroad or Q5 for my wife, with European delivery in December. Great thing about Florida is that I get to always order my Audis with summer tires. But given that I would be picking up the car in Germany in December, that might mean I have to order it with damn all season tires, only to throw them away once the car gets to Florida. Ugh.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, you would have to get non-summer tires at pickup. I'm in the same situation, living in Hawaii. I got my Euro Delivery scheduled, though, right before the mandatory winter tire cutoff.

Good luck.

scot
Old 08-31-2017, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Yes, Audi does not deliver cars with summer tires between November 1 and April 1. I may not have the dates quite right, but the rule of thumb in Europe is winter tires from O-to-O. That stands for Oktober to Ostern (October through Easter). You must at least have M+S tires if there is ice, snow etc. on the roads. Even if you cut it close to Audi's cutoff, if it snows while you are there and you get caught or cause an accident w/o at least M+S tires the fines are steep. They don't take driving with inappropriate tires lightly. Also look at the laws in other countries you want to visit. Austria for example has mandatory winter tires (all-season are not sufficient) from November through April.

https://www.german-way.com/travel-an...inter-driving/

Last edited by superswiss; 08-31-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Longwolf (Christian)
I live in FL, and looking at ordering an allroad or Q5 for my wife, with European delivery in December. Great thing about Florida is that I get to always order my Audis with summer tires. But given that I would be picking up the car in Germany in December, that might mean I have to order it with damn all season tires, only to throw them away once the car gets to Florida. Ugh.
I don't think the Q5 is eligible for European Delivery anymore since they are now built in Mexico.