Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Euro Delivery Dealer in LA

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Euro Delivery Dealer in LA

Anybody know of an Los Angeles Audi dealer that is experienced in the Euro Delivery process. I'm thinking of a RS5 for April/May 2013.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ap997s
Anybody know of an Los Angeles Audi dealer that is experienced in the Euro Delivery process. I'm thinking of a RS5 for April/May 2013.

Thanks!
My local dealer had no clue what is European Delivery until I told him. Find a salesperson, you can trust, and work out with him step by step. Start with - Show me "European Delivery Program Audi of America. Dealer resource guide 2012/2013".
If he/she know ED program - he/she should have this document on hand , print out and seating on his/her desk.
If he/she ask you - what a F#$% is that - walk away.
I can send you 2009 and 2010. No big difference. Munich drop off location get moved to airport. I can request new one for 2012, but you will need 2013, witch is not out yet.
Let me know. I'm in LA area, SFV.

Last edited by TIME89; 09-10-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ap997s

Thanks!
ap.
I agree with TIME that it is good to go with a dealer who has had experience with the program if possible. In a market as big as LA, you might have a choice.
Our dealer, the only one in our area, had to work pretty hard to get up to speed, and they did. [We actually had a bizarre twist that most Euro Delivery folks don't--we were living in Germany for the three months before taking delivery, so getting the documents back and forth was a pain--fax was not good enough for a couple of them.]
You may be in a good position to test out a question that has arisen on this forum: Some of us have been told that the official European Delivery discount (varying on different models) is the only discount available. You might try negotiating for a greater discount, and find out if you can to better than some of us (e.g., me) have.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had good luck with Ryan Shipton at Pacific Audi in Torrance
Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spacey
I had good luck with Ryan Shipton at Pacific Audi in Torrance
I was at Pacific Audi a couple of days ago and spoke w/ a salesman (not Ryan) about an RS5 ED. He was going to check and get back to me. I just might give Ryan a call and see what he says. Since only 1,500 units are being sent to the US in the next couple of years I sort of doubt whether any great ED deals can be done.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ryan does their internet sales. He handled my ED with help from Chris Prodromides, the Gen. sales manager. Everything worked out fine. I got the standard 5% off list for the model I bought. If Audi offers the RS5 on ED, you should be able to work something out. As a plus I have really liked Pacific's service dept. as well.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just came back from my Euro Delivery. Worked with the sales manager Peter A at Penske Audi in West Covina. He was recommended to me by ChrisEVO of this forum as well.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default RS5 ED

Just a quick update.

Been told by a 'knowledgeable' Audi dealer that the RS5 is on the same path as the R8 . . . . . No E.D. purchase plans.

A great many dealers (at present) at charging a MSRP 'premium' so I'll just sit back a wait until the 'newness' wears off and dealers are willing to barter. No way am I paying MSRP+ for that car.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

My 'ole' 2005 997S is looking better all the time.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is an excerpt from audiusa.com page on European delivery. You have to click on the question to see the answer.
RS5 is not on the list.
But note at the bottom, that the R8 is, though not through Ingolstadt. So I wonder if the RS5 might go on the list soon.

"
Which Audi models are available through this program?

The following models are eligible for European Delivery at the following MSRP discounts*. (The final selling price is determined by your Audi Dealer.)
•Audi A3 and A3 TDI: Up to 3%
•Audi A4 and A4 Avant: Up to 5%
•Audi A5 Coupe and Cabriolet: Up to 5%
•Audi A6: Up to 5%
•Audi A7: Up to 5%
•Audi A8 and A8L: Up to 5%
•Audi Q5: Up to 5%
•Audi Q7 and Q7 TDI: Up to 5%
•Audi TT and TTS Coupes and Roadsters: Up to 5%
•Audi S4, S5, and S6: Up to 5%

The Audi R8 is also available for European Delivery, and includes a special program offering at our exclusive plant at Audi Forum Neckarsulm. Please contact your Audi Dealer for additional program details and fees.

* All MSRPs exclude taxes, title and documentary fees, registration, tags, Audi Dealer preparation, labor and installation charges, insurance, optional equipment and accessories, certificate of compliance and noncompliance fees, and finance charges. Destination charges apply
"
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kgall
Here is an excerpt from audiusa.com page on European delivery. You have to click on the question to see the answer.
RS5 is not on the list.
But note at the bottom, that the R8 is, though not through Ingolstadt. So I wonder if the RS5 might go on the list soon.

"
Which Audi models are available through this program?

The following models are eligible for European Delivery at the following MSRP discounts*. (The final selling price is determined by your Audi Dealer.)
•Audi A3 and A3 TDI: Up to 3%
•Audi A4 and A4 Avant: Up to 5%
•Audi A5 Coupe and Cabriolet: Up to 5%
•Audi A6: Up to 5%
•Audi A7: Up to 5%
•Audi A8 and A8L: Up to 5%
•Audi Q5: Up to 5%
•Audi Q7 and Q7 TDI: Up to 5%
•Audi TT and TTS Coupes and Roadsters: Up to 5%
•Audi S4, S5, and S6: Up to 5%

The Audi R8 is also available for European Delivery, and includes a special program offering at our exclusive plant at Audi Forum Neckarsulm. Please contact your Audi Dealer for additional program details and fees.

* All MSRPs exclude taxes, title and documentary fees, registration, tags, Audi Dealer preparation, labor and installation charges, insurance, optional equipment and accessories, certificate of compliance and noncompliance fees, and finance charges. Destination charges apply
"
I sent an email to the Audi Customer Experience Center in an attempt to get some answers. I'll post the response, if I get one.

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery Dealer in LA