Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Euro Delivery on July 12th

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chilt34786
My Audi and 2 BMW at drop off in Zurich. Not quite sure why BMW has authentic European plates for export and we are stuck with the motorcycle plates. It is a shame as they (BMW) look MUCH better.
I don't KNOW the answer to this, but I will say the following:

When we did our drop off, only a few folks sending cars back to the US had done "European Delivery", in the sense of the programs for tourists that Audi, Mercedes, BMW and Volvo have. Many were US servicepeople sending back cars they had bought and used in Europe for long periods of time. I imagine (though no one told me) that some were bought by US citizens living in Europe in some other status, and now going home. Some may have been Europeans going to the US for an extended period or permanently. All of these folks would be likely to have regular European plates, so far as I can tell.

Were you able to confirm that the BMW plates were in fact tourist plates like the motorcycle ones you and I got?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kgall

When we did our drop off, only a few folks sending cars back to the US had done "European Delivery", in the sense of the programs for tourists that Audi, Mercedes, BMW and Volvo have. Many were US servicepeople sending back cars they had bought and used in Europe for long periods of time. I imagine (though no one told me) that some were bought by US citizens living in Europe in some other status, and now going home. Some may have been Europeans going to the US for an extended period or permanently. All of these folks would be likely to have regular European plates, so far as I can tell.

Were you able to confirm that the BMW plates were in fact tourist plates like the motorcycle ones you and I got?
I have normal (not motorcycle) on my BMW during my ED. When I get my California LP I just install them over European. Some comment that this is ugly - my replay - this is my f#$% car and I can do what I wont.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah it seems like there are many different experiences regarding the temporary European plates given during ED. I've been told specifically by 2 different Audi sources that I will get the long and narrow Euro plates for ED. First I asked the Audi's ED department regarding the plates, and asked and requested to have the long plates, they stated that I would be getting the long plates. Then the other day when I went in to sign my final finance documents at my local dealership, they confirmed the last few ED cars that came through their dealership were the long Euro plates. But based on your pics, you clearly received the smaller plates. So I'm not sure what is "standard" for ED. I guess I'll let you guys know what I get next month.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
I have normal (not motorcycle) on my BMW during my ED. When I get my California LP I just install them over European. Some comment that this is ugly - my replay - this is my f#$% car and I can do what I wont.
Once again, facts shoot my wonderful theory all to (#&$&!
Old 09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Once again, facts shoot my wonderful theory all to (#&$&!
During oil change few month back - check my plates.
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2013, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can see on the BMW, the plates have the red box which shows the date that the registration expires. Yes, my understanding from the shipper was that these were both ED as well. At the end of the day, the traditional euro plates would have been nice but overall I am just very happy that the car got to Florida without a scratch and I only had to wait 5 weeks.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chilt34786
You can see on the BMW, the plates have the red box which shows the date that the registration expires. Yes, my understanding from the shipper was that these were both ED as well. At the end of the day, the traditional euro plates would have been nice but overall I am just very happy that the car got to Florida without a scratch and I only had to wait 5 weeks.
I drop off my car in Madrid on July 28 and get back in Los Angeles on October 2. Ship was in port on September 4 - almost 30 days was spend to change front bumper, that I scratch in Milan.