Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

European Delivery experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 08:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European Delivery experience

We are in the process of a ED for a 2017 Q7 but would like to hear comments about issues (other than the amount of paper work that I have read about). Especially interested in the timing of when one makes plane and hotel reservations during the timeline of ordering a vehicle. Thanks for any comments.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

It went pretty smooth for me. I told them when I wanted to pick up the car and they scheduled production accordingly. I was even able to move delivery up by a couple of weeks as I had a change in plans, but they do kind wanna nail down the date fairly early so they can plan it. The recommendation is to not book your flights until you get confirmation that the car is built as there could be delays at any point and since the number of deliveries are limited per day, a slight delay in production could push out delivery significantly. If I remember correctly, I was able to book flights about a month before delivery. Really the major thing that can go wrong is that they run out of something and production gets delayed.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for sharing your experience
Old 02-25-2017, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Euro delivery is great. We've done it a couple times. However, couple tips

1) Find a Sales Rep that has done Euro delivery a few times. Its a complicated process, but having an experienced rep will make it not much more different than a normal purchase

2) Be flexible on your plans. You can request a delivery date, but that will not be locked in until 4-6 weeks prior. For example we requested a Monday, but 4 weeks prior we got confirmation for a Tuesday. Not a big deal, but needed to change flights and adjust hotels.

3) Think about where you will be going in your brand new car... with (maybe) 2 miles on the odometer. Perhaps driving into downtown Paris or London might be a bit much. Also think about where you are going and parking when you get to the location.

4) Spend some time on google maps researching routes. Plenty of great ways to get from point A to B. Alpine passes, autobahn, rural country winding roads... All wonderful. Make the drive part of the experience
Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you contact Brad Boyer, you can get your delivery date and hotel confirmed much quicker than going through your dealer.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mkinn
If you contact Brad Boyer, you can get your delivery date and hotel confirmed much quicker than going through your dealer.
I second this advice. Mr. Boyer was able to secure me a delivery date in September for a 2018 Q7 even though we don't yet know the price or the specs for the 2018 model year vehicle. He is a great guy.

CarSwami
Old 03-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. Will be contacting mr. Boyer
Old 04-08-2017, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes second that on Brad. Absolutely has done an amazing job in working with my European delivery scheduled for June 26.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had several emails with Brad now. He is fabulous. Wrapped up my loose ends and answered all my questions. Nice guy. Thanks to all that told me about him

Quick Reply: European Delivery experience