Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

European Delivery Price Negotiation

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have said, it is a great deal only if you were already planning a visit and were going to rent a car.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey everyone...just joined the forum! My wife and I ordered an '18 A4 yesterday and plan to do ED in early October. After being quoted the customary 5% off MSRP discount, I asked for - and received - an additional 1.5% off. While I had never done business with that Audi dealership, it is part of a larger "family" of dealerships that I've done business with in the past, so maybe that helped.

Regardless, ED is primarily about the experience, not the savings. White glove treatment, touring Germany and other countries in style, and making great memories are hallmarks of ED. We've done it once before, a BMW, and it was an epic trip through five countries. This will be our first Audi...we're looking forward to it!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bedensbrook
Hey everyone...just joined the forum! My wife and I ordered an '18 A4 yesterday and plan to do ED in early October. After being quoted the customary 5% off MSRP discount, I asked for - and received - an additional 1.5% off. While I had never done business with that Audi dealership, it is part of a larger "family" of dealerships that I've done business with in the past, so maybe that helped.

Regardless, ED is primarily about the experience, not the savings. White glove treatment, touring Germany and other countries in style, and making great memories are hallmarks of ED. We've done it once before, a BMW, and it was an epic trip through five countries. This will be our first Audi...we're looking forward to it!
Congratulation!
Do you already has a route in your mind? What country you plan to visiting?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TIME89
Congratulation!
Do you already has a route in your mind? What country you plan to visiting?
Thanks TIME89.

After spending a day exploring Ingolstadt (I understand it is quite worth seeing) and a couple of days in Munich visiting an old friend (my wife is originally from Germany), we head to Axalp, Switzerland, where we've rented a mountain chalet for a week. Axalp is the site of an annual air show put on by the Swiss Air Force, and has been on my bucket list for years. It will be a 90 minute hike up to the show each day, which takes place at a firing range high up in the Swiss Alps (only accessible on foot or by military helicopter). Should make for amazing photography and sites/sounds/eats over a four day period (2 days of practice and 2 days of scheduled air show) with live gunnery practice by F-18 and F-5 fighter jets...not to mention some great hiking!

On our trip back to Munich for drop off, we will probably swing by one of Bavaria's many castles. My wife just started a travel blog, www.dastravelblog.com, so we want to make sure she has plenty of things to report on. Not a whole lot of driving for this trip...maybe 15 hours total over a 9 day period. But it will be awesome.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bedensbrook
Thanks TIME89.

After spending a day exploring Ingolstadt (I understand it is quite worth seeing) and a couple of days in Munich visiting an old friend (my wife is originally from Germany), we head to Axalp, Switzerland, where we've rented a mountain chalet for a week. Axalp is the site of an annual air show put on by the Swiss Air Force, and has been on my bucket list for years. It will be a 90 minute hike up to the show each day, which takes place at a firing range high up in the Swiss Alps (only accessible on foot or by military helicopter). Should make for amazing photography and sites/sounds/eats over a four day period (2 days of practice and 2 days of scheduled air show) with live gunnery practice by F-18 and F-5 fighter jets...not to mention some great hiking!

On our trip back to Munich for drop off, we will probably swing by one of Bavaria's many castles. My wife just started a travel blog, www.dastravelblog.com, so we want to make sure she has plenty of things to report on. Not a whole lot of driving for this trip...maybe 15 hours total over a 9 day period. But it will be awesome.

Please post as may pics as you possible can!!!!!
Old 07-01-2017, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2018 MSRP

Hello to everyone from a new user,
I'm considering ED for an A3 e-tron, but am told that it's no longer possible to get the 2017 models. The 2018 model MSRPs and packages costs aren't yet posted on Audi's web-site. Any suggestions for figuring this out? I want to clearly understand the 5% discount, and would be pleased to hear tips for getting an even better discount. (Thanks.)
Old 07-01-2017, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by WendyRose
I'm considering ED for an A3 e-tron, but am told that it's no longer possible to get the 2017 models. The 2018 model MSRPs and packages costs aren't yet posted on Audi's web-site. Any suggestions for figuring this out? I want to clearly understand the 5% discount, and would be pleased to hear tips for getting an even better discount. (Thanks.)
If the primary purpose is to save money, you are probably better off negotiating a deal on an existing car on the dealer's lot.

Do an ED for the experience, factory tour, and European vacation. Also, for some reason I vaguely recall that the 2017 A3 e-tron was not available for ED. (But I'm not 100% sure about it.)

I ended up visiting BMW, Audi, Porsche, and Mercedes Benz museums along with factory tours of Audi and Porsche.

There's only one Audi dealership within 100 miles where I live, so there wasn't much room for negotiation.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, I see your point. But some lucky circumstances are working to put us in Europe about the right time for an ED, so I prefer to go for this ED experience. There are several dealerships in my area - I've only approached one, who doesn't seem to know much about the program. I am toying with the idea of taking an East Coast delivery and driving cross-country.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WendyRose
The Dealer Participation Agreement I recently received for my own delivery states the 2018 Q5 and A3 Sportback e-tron are not eligible, but you could write AED directly to learn all options available to you.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

The Q5 isn't eligible because it's now built in Mexico, don't know why the A3 e-tron isn't eligible.

It's a great experience, enjoy it!

Quick Reply: European Delivery Price Negotiation