Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

European Delivery Price Negotiation

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European Delivery Price Negotiation

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have a few questions regarding Audi ED. I've done ED with BMW a few times now, and I'm looking to also get an AUdi now. I'm accustomed to negotiating based on European Delivery Invoice Pricing. With BMW, pricing goes:

US MSRP > US INVOICE > ED MSRP > ED INVOICE

To get to ED Invoice, you take 7% off US MSRP, and then another 8% off that. All options/packages get a 9% discount. I typically negotiate to $750-1000 over ED Invoice. Does anybody here have any experience negotiating at this level?

Everywhere I've read on this forum seems to indicate a standard 5% discount.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The standard discount is 5% off MSRP including options. Audi may have conquest bonus money at the moment and that may add another $1.5-2K in discount.

I haven't heard of anything beyond the 5% for ED
Old 02-18-2015, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brando384
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have a few questions regarding Audi ED. I've done ED with BMW a few times now, and I'm looking to also get an AUdi now. I'm accustomed to negotiating based on European Delivery Invoice Pricing. With BMW, pricing goes:

US MSRP > US INVOICE > ED MSRP > ED INVOICE

To get to ED Invoice, you take 7% off US MSRP, and then another 8% off that. All options/packages get a 9% discount. I typically negotiate to $750-1000 over ED Invoice. Does anybody here have any experience negotiating at this level?

Everywhere I've read on this forum seems to indicate a standard 5% discount.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
It would be better if you compare comparably equipped Audi & BMW. I did that with our Q5 vs X3 and found that the Audi was about 7% cheaper off the BMW MSRP. So the less ED discount didn't really bother us. You will be making a good deal if you get any more than 5-7% off MSRP with Audi. With that said I'm really liking our Audi interior. Much nicer materials than the BMW - IMO. If you're obsessed with the % of savings then you will do better with a BMW. But are your really getting anything more?

Last edited by HerrK; 02-18-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For 2015, the ED discount is 5%. The dealer covers 2%, Audi 3%. When negotiating, it is good to start at 5% and then see what they can do beyond that. I am currently negotiating with five dealers in my area. The one nearest me has terrible service, and they won't budge on the 5%. An older dealer with a new showroom went to 5.5% and a dealer that will be building a new showroom is at 6%. Audi lets dealers collect VAT if they wish; some do in cash, some hold a check, and some don't collect VAT at all. Some give free inspection and emissions, some just one, some none. Allowance for trade-in varies by as much as 15%. All will allow trade-in to occur after new Audi arrives in the US. No Audi Club discount. Loyalty discount does apply for an Audi or other German car. Most require a deposit of $1000, some none.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In my area all of the dealers consider it a fixed price with no negotiation. The dealer did throw in a few small options such as floor mats and such.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

been able to get 6% by asking.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi All

Is the 5-6% discount based off US MSRP or ED MSRP? This is not clear to me after reading all the postings above. I just wanted to check because the OP described how the system works with BMW and I was curious to know if the same applies with Audi.

Thanks.

Cal68
Old 04-09-2015, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarSwami
Hi All

Is the 5-6% discount based off US MSRP or ED MSRP? This is not clear to me after reading all the postings above. I just wanted to check because the OP described how the system works with BMW and I was curious to know if the same applies with Audi.

Thanks.

Cal68
the are no ED MSRP for Audi. All prices is 4% out of MSRP. Some users get more - up to 6% of MSRP (not ED MSRP)
Old 04-10-2015, 01:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
the are no ED MSRP for Audi. All prices is 4% out of MSRP. Some users get more - up to 6% of MSRP (not ED MSRP)
Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.

CarSwami
Old 04-11-2015, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do the vehicles come out of allocation? If not I would suspect 7 or even 8% is possible. (That would still leave the dealer with 1-2% profit after the 3% Audi contribution)

Quick Reply: European Delivery Price Negotiation