Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

European Delivery Price Negotiation

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TTG
Please Take a look at my Avatar..... Big volvo freak in here and a ED veteran.

You can easily get Volvo's euro discount and plus on a state side delivered car. I've owned many volvos and always got huge discounts without needing to do ED. Infact most Volvo dealers will offer 10% plus discount so that they don't have to go through the hassle of ED paperwork.

BMW still wins IMO as their ED invoice is close to 15% less than US MSRP and of course 2nd lease payment is waived for lease customers. I guess I should of been more clear. You get the best ED discount t with BMW

And my question was to Fithian as he has done both BMW and Audi EDs. I just wanted to hear his experience.

To me there is nothing better than picking up your brand new car at its birth place.
I saw you Volvo avatar, I correct your statement about best discount.

BMW still wins IMO as their ED invoice is close to 15% less than US MSRP and of course 2nd lease payment is waived for lease customers
7% not 15%
second lease payment - not sure
almost 50% of users from this thread done BMW ED, included myself and members of Bimmerfest.com
2 airplane tickets - no one else offer this discount.

Last edited by TIME89; 05-25-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:17 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
I saw you Volvo avatar, I correct your statement about best discount.

7% not 15%
second lease payment - not sure
almost 50% of users from this thread done BMW ED, included myself and members of Bimmerfest.com
2 airplane tickets - no one else offer this discount.
Thank you and I am not going to argue with you. Many BMW ED customers who know what they are doing are accustomed to 15% discount of off US MSRP.

Yes, on paper Volvo has a better ED discount but this is the real world.

Peace.....

Last edited by TTG; 05-25-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TTG
Thank you and I am not going to argue with you. Many BMW ED customers who know what they are doing are accustomed to 15% discount of off US MSRP.

Yes, on paper Volvo has a better ED discount but this is the real world.

Peace.....

Old 07-03-2015, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but TTG is correct. I've done three EDs with BMW and achieved 15% off MSRP each time. One of these was even an M3, but on that one, I got lucky and caught a mid-winter lease rate on a convertible (picked up around Memorial Day).

BMW's information states that the discount is 7%, and if you walk into your local dealership, they'll undoubtedly tell you the same thing. But if you know the right questions to ask and the right people to ask them of, you can hit the higher mark without breaking a sweat. The model-dependent $500-1,000 rebate that BMWCCA members get is also part of the calculation, or at least it was for me.

I've also done a Volvo OSD, and The Spousal Unit is leaning heavily toward an Audi A6 as the Volvo's replacement next Spring. So if we ED that one, I'll just have to suck it up on the lack of the higher discounts.

We'll see how the promised "..discount that will knock your socks off.." my local dealership sales person promised me shakes out.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

"..discount that will knock your socks off..":

The standard 5% ED discount, floor mats and an Audi hat.

My philosophy when cross shopping different brands: "it's not the amount of discount, it's the price you pay in the end for what you get". I try to have my wife understand this and I always get this reply:.
"But they were having a sale and I saved us lots of money!"
Old 07-04-2015, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I should have been clearer on that comment. The local salesperson meant that he could "knock our socks off" with a much better discount on a non-ED deal, and that we could go to Europe on the savings.

I agree with you on the value-versus-final-cost being the best comparison.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by boothguy
Sorry, but TTG is correct. I've done three EDs with BMW and achieved 15% off MSRP each time. One of these was even an M3, but on that one, I got lucky and caught a mid-winter lease rate on a convertible (picked up around Memorial Day).

BMW's information states that the discount is 7%, and if you walk into your local dealership, they'll undoubtedly tell you the same thing. But if you know the right questions to ask and the right people to ask them of, you can hit the higher mark without breaking a sweat. The model-dependent $500-1,000 rebate that BMWCCA members get is also part of the calculation, or at least it was for me.

I've also done a Volvo OSD, and The Spousal Unit is leaning heavily toward an Audi A6 as the Volvo's replacement next Spring. So if we ED that one, I'll just have to suck it up on the lack of the higher discounts.

We'll see how the promised "..discount that will knock your socks off.." my local dealership sales person promised me shakes out.
Bootguy! Welcome to the Audi forum from your LA friend, who give you a bottle of Josef Stalin favorite vine.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by boothguy
I should have been clearer on that comment. The local salesperson meant that he could "knock our socks off" with a much better discount on a non-ED deal, and that we could go to Europe on the savings.

I agree with you on the value-versus-final-cost being the best comparison.
Gotcha. Although, any time a car salesperson promises the sun, moon and stars, I leave my wallet at home. And my socks in this case.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Curiouser and curiouser..

A warm hello to my certified friend Time89 above, whom I know well from from the Bimmerfest ED forum, and have met in person on more than one occasion. You had indeed mentioned to me that you were active over here, but I had forgotten. Was very surprised to see your message above. Where are we going to bump into each other next - Ferrarichat? Please give T my best regards - the cork in still in the bottle of Mr. Stalin's favorite wine and I will let you know when it gets pulled.

Snagit: the local salesperson I mentioned is actually a former employee of my company who I had forgotten was working as the Internet Sales Manager for a local Audi dealership. I was as surprised to see him when we walked into the place as I was to encounter my friend above. He made the somewhat ridiculous comment that he basically sets his own prices, but let's see what the reality turns out to be.

But back on topic and just so I'm clear: the fact that Audi USA and Audi AG seem to be separate entities still doesn't allow me to negotiate a deal as though the car were going to be ordered (my supposed "knock your socks off" discount), and then convert the same financials to an ED, correct? Participation in the ED program is a separate beast and is operated under its particular rules, I presume?
Old 07-05-2015, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ypur last paragraph is correct. The ED program in the U.S. is what it is. While it might be possible to find a dealer that would discount a bit more, it's unlikely most would do so. AOA is a completely owned subsidiary of Audi in Germany. While AOA will have different marketing programs in the U.S., Germany is responsible for the ED program as they are the delivering entity at the factory.

Quick Reply: European Delivery Price Negotiation