Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

European Delivery w/ Cash Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European Delivery w/ Cash Purchase

Greetings everyone! I'm new here so please excuse me if this topic has been asked.

I am thinking about purchasing the S6 using the European Delivery Program from the US. However, instead of financing or leasing the vehicle, I would be making a cash purchase. Has anyone ordered with the EDP and paid cash? If so, is there room for more than the (up to) 5% discount on the vehicle?

Thanks,

Speedbrds
Old 07-24-2013, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedbrds
Greetings everyone! I'm new here so please excuse me if this topic has been asked.

I am thinking about purchasing the S6 using the European Delivery Program from the US. However, instead of financing or leasing the vehicle, I would be making a cash purchase. Has anyone ordered with the EDP and paid cash? If so, is there room for more than the (up to) 5% discount on the vehicle?

Thanks,

Speedbrds
It's all depend on your negotiation skills. Nothing to do with cash or no cash.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. Negotiate for the car like you would if you were planning on purchasing here. Then once you have the deal you are satisfied with, then mention the ED program. So in other words, yes you can get a better deal than the "up to 5%" discount on the vehicle. But it also depends on the model you're interested in.
FYI. I paid cash but like TIME89 said, they don't care how you settle the final payment before pickup. Actually, almost seems they prefer you to finance so they can make additional money off interest.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Osicom
Agreed. Negotiate for the car like you would if you were planning on purchasing here. Then once you have the deal you are satisfied with, then mention the ED program. So in other words, yes you can get a better deal than the "up to 5%" discount on the vehicle. But it also depends on the model you're interested in.
FYI. I paid cash but like TIME89 said, they don't care how you settle the final payment before pickup. Actually, almost seems they prefer you to finance so they can make additional money off interest.
Maybe this is true, but the two dealers I dealt with once I mentioned ED, negotiations stopped. Technically they are not obligated to give you the 5% off, plus it's supposedly 5% off of MSRP. It seemed like it's the company line that most dealerships tend to follow. I believe it was more one or the other; I couldn't negotiate a price and then try to add 5% off on top of that. If I wanted ED, then I would have to simply take the 5% off. I tried to have some floor mats thrown in, but was unsuccessful. They told me, Audi provides much more with ED already, so they couldn't budge any more from that. At least that was my experience.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Maybe this is true, but the two dealers I dealt with once I mentioned ED, negotiations stopped. Technically they are not obligated to give you the 5% off, plus it's supposedly 5% off of MSRP. It seemed like it's the company line that most dealerships tend to follow. I believe it was more one or the other; I couldn't negotiate a price and then try to add 5% off on top of that. If I wanted ED, then I would have to simply take the 5% off. I tried to have some floor mats thrown in, but was unsuccessful. They told me, Audi provides much more with ED already, so they couldn't budge any more from that. At least that was my experience.
This is the issue with Audi and Porsche. For Porsche you have to pay more for ED cars. Totally different approach by BMW.