Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

First time Euro Delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time Euro Delivery!

Really excited it'll be my first european delivery next week!

Do you guys think i will need a international drivers license? Any tips for our car pickup?

thanks everyone!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luckydragon
Really excited it'll be my first european delivery next week!

Do you guys think i will need a international drivers license? Any tips for our car pickup?

thanks everyone!
Congratulation!!!!
We order International DL for myself and my wife. No one ever ask for them - nice souvenir at $10 per DL. We order at local AAA store.
Price go up from 2006 - I heard it's $25 now.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
Congratulation!!!!
We order International DL for myself and my wife. No one ever ask for them - nice souvenir at $10 per DL. We order at local AAA store.
Price go up from 2006 - I heard it's $25 now.
Same here. Never needed or asked for, but made for a nice souvenir that I framed with the licenses plate and the Austrian vignette sticker.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Technically it is required. You might be okay without it, but why take a risk for something to ruin your experience? They're easy to pick up at your local AAA

I just returned from mine. Fantastic experience. Couple of quick notes:

1) don't forget you need toll stickers in Switzerland & Austria

2) keep an eye on the weather if you have certain fun roads in mind, as driving in the alps with rain ain't fun

3) don't hang in the left lane on the autobahn, you always have to move right in Europe when the lane on your right is empty

Which model are you picking up?
Old 09-20-2015, 11:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the advice! I am picking up a a6 3.0!

Originally Posted by visuar
Technically it is required. You might be okay without it, but why take a risk for something to ruin your experience? They're easy to pick up at your local AAA

I just returned from mine. Fantastic experience. Couple of quick notes:

1) don't forget you need toll stickers in Switzerland & Austria

2) keep an eye on the weather if you have certain fun roads in mind, as driving in the alps with rain ain't fun

3) don't hang in the left lane on the autobahn, you always have to move right in Europe when the lane on your right is empty

Which model are you picking up?
Old 09-22-2015, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the advice! I am picking up a a6 3.0!
Cruise only goes up to 95mph and the A6 limit is 130mph. Bring an iPad with Tom-Tom Europe with traffic and speed cameras enabled. The Garmin they will give you is inadequate and the built in nav will only work for altitude.

PM for any other questions.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I declined their navigation as I picked up a TT Roadster so every little bit of space mattered.

I had bought TomTom Western Europe for my iPhone 6+ which has all data offline and worked fantastic (once I figured out how to use it).

As a back up I had Google & Apple Maps as I had free data in Europe through T-Mobile, which is slow for the free data, but worked a charm when it was needed (say walking around a city).

Recommend you take your time and take detailed pictures of the car (and the mileage) from every angle outside & inside when you drop it off.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How expensive can the speed camera tickets be?! I was blasting my way through Munich to Venice... Will I get some surprise mailings from Austria and Italy?

Originally Posted by visuar
Yeah, I declined their navigation as I picked up a TT Roadster so every little bit of space mattered.

I had bought TomTom Western Europe for my iPhone 6+ which has all data offline and worked fantastic (once I figured out how to use it).

As a back up I had Google & Apple Maps as I had free data in Europe through T-Mobile, which is slow for the free data, but worked a charm when it was needed (say walking around a city).

Recommend you take your time and take detailed pictures of the car (and the mileage) from every angle outside & inside when you drop it off.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Original Post
The World's Highest Speeding Fines
France, Switzerland, Italy
Highest Fines: $2100

Yes the image of a Citroen 2CV going far past the speed limit is difficult to conjure, and many of us also have been the victim of a tailgating Italian high-revving behind us in a tiny Fiat 126, but stereotypes aside, speeding is a seriously expensive business in western Europe, where enthusiasm for domestic car production and Formula One racing go hand-in-hand. Speed cameras are common and on the rise in France, and a speed deemed excessive can result in jail time. European motorists also are getting used to the fact that points levied on a license in a different country to their own now stand on their domestic license -- so a British driver that speeds in Italy can have points added to their UK license after a series of bilateral agreements was struck between European nations. Is the US next?

Germany
Highest Fines: $623

It's only on Germany's world-famous Autobahns where there is no speed limit, and drivers can, and often do, drive at speeds in excess of 180 mph in the land that gave us Porsche, BMW and Mercedes (if you've ever been caught behind a truck in one of the slower lanes, you'll know exactly what we're talking about). But that doesn't mean German authorities want the rest of their driving experiences to resemble the Nurburgring: Speeders caught driving at 45 mph or more over the speed limit on regular roads will face a fine topping $600, a three-month license suspension and four points on their license. Achtung!
Old 09-23-2015, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

How expensive can the speed camera tickets be?! I was blasting my way through Munich to Venice... Will I get some surprise mailings from Austria and Italy?
Switzerland/Austria/France are the hardest hitting countries.

Germany doesn't like speeding when there's a speed limit, and since you'll have a chance to try the car out on the Autobahn without a speed limit I would stick to the speed limits when they're posted (which still happens frequently on the Autobahn too!).

Quick Reply: First time Euro Delivery!