AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/)
-   -   Germany Green Zone sticker still supplied? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/germany-green-zone-sticker-still-supplied-2888206/)

visuar 08-26-2015 02:51 AM

Germany Green Zone sticker still supplied?

I've read in the FAQ that the Green Zone sticker was supplied in 2010. Is that still the case in 2015? Does anyone know?

Fithian 08-26-2015 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by visuar (Post 24718595)
I've read in the FAQ that the Green Zone sticker was supplied in 2010. Is that still the case in 2015? Does anyone know?

They gave me one at the end of June this year for my 2016 A6. It was a category 4 sticker.

RIAUDI 08-26-2015 11:13 PM

They most definitely do. I put it on the car a few days ago when we headed into Berlin. It is only necessary if you are traveling into the larger inner cities
Of Germany. It is an emission sticker. Between the German emission the vignettes for the Czech Republic, Austria, and Slovakia the windshield wild be littered with stickers. 1500 miles so far and counting 7 days left to our trip.
130 mph on the Autobahn again yesterday.

TIME89 08-27-2015 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by RIAUDI (Post 24718834)
They most definitely do. I put it on the car a few days ago when we headed into Berlin. It is only necessary if you are traveling into the larger inner cities
Of Germany. It is an emission sticker. Between the German emission the vignettes for the Czech Republic, Austria, and Slovakia the windshield wild be littered with stickers. 1500 miles so far and counting 7 days left to our trip.
130 mph on the Autobahn again yesterday.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...e266392dac.gif

Fithian 08-27-2015 08:09 AM

Wife is driving her 2016 A6 Prestige on the autobahn at 100 mph.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5jfx9nehp...obahn.m4v?dl=0

I drive it at the limited 130, she went to 105. Very smooth and comfortable. No cruise past 95.

The A6 is headed for Rhode Island port on Sept 3, Halifax on Aug 30, probably get it by Sept 20.

TIME89 08-27-2015 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Fithian (Post 24718931)
Wife is driving her 2016 A6 Prestige on the autobahn at 100 mph.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5jfx9nehp...obahn.m4v?dl=0

I drive it at the limited 130, she went to 105. Very smooth and comfortable. No cruise past 95.

The A6 is headed for Rhode Island port on Sept 3, Halifax on Aug 30, probably get it by Sept 20.

I was able to get up to 125 mph on autobahn when we leave Munich on the way to Zurich. with 4 ppl on board and 4 suitcases.
and then i get back to 105 and was passed by Audi A8, like I was parking. That car must be flying at 200 mph - I was not able even see LP.

RIAUDI 08-27-2015 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by TIME89 (Post 24718922)

If images are what you want images than images are what you will get.
When I get time I will send many many many images from out 17 day trip to Europe taking advantage of Audi European Delivery. It is truly the only way to go. We are half way done and will do my best to describe the incredible experience visiting Europe in this way. This is our 2nd year in a row we have taken advantage of this program. Last year my wife and I pick up a 2015 TDI Q5 in Ingolstadt. We may have to take a year or 2 brake but my next European delivery will probably be a Q7 to replace my 2009 TDI touareg. I saw several 2016 Q7 on the roads of Berlin yesterday and in the Forum at Neckarsulm Germany ON OUR Pick date August 19 2015.
If you are thinking of European delivery stop thinking and sign the papers.

TIME89 08-28-2015 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by RIAUDI (Post 24719046)
If images are what you want images than images are what you will get.
When I get time I will send many many many images from out 17 day trip to Europe taking advantage of Audi European Delivery. It is truly the only way to go. We are half way done and will do my best to describe the incredible experience visiting Europe in this way. This is our 2nd year in a row we have taken advantage of this program. Last year my wife and I pick up a 2015 TDI Q5 in Ingolstadt. We may have to take a year or 2 brake but my next European delivery will probably be a Q7 to replace my 2009 TDI touareg. I saw several 2016 Q7 on the roads of Berlin yesterday and in the Forum at Neckarsulm Germany ON OUR Pick date August 19 2015.
If you are thinking of European delivery stop thinking and sign the papers.

With BMW move production of 3 series to Mexico and Audi following BMW with Q5 - my pool of car get small. We may get 428i GC next September - if nothing change in our financial situation.

visuar 09-04-2015 10:40 PM

Okay, I just finished ED so I can comment on how it went last week.

1) Audi US EDP said no sticker is required, this is incorrect

2) My Audi representative at Ingolstadt informed me also I did not need one and she hence did not provide one. This is the person you do the paperwork with before you take delivery.

3) The person who delivered my car to me and walked me thru everything provided me with the green sticker at the end. She recommended I just put it on the dash instead of the windscreen as its hard to get off, which is what I did in Munich.

Of course there's also toll stickers required for Austria & Switzerland which you can get at Autobahn gas stations. Apparently Italy has green zones too, but I never looked in to that even tho I drove through Northern Italy.

Top speed for me on the Autobahn was 125. I didn't want to push the car all the way to its limits, plus there was quite a bit of traffic (and lots and lots of construction everywhere).

Thanks for everyone's answers before I went!

chicagoA6 09-07-2015 04:58 AM

Same with visuar. Last Aug the delivery person gave me the sticker and told me to just put it on the dashboard when parked