Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Germany Trip Itinerary with ED

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Germany Trip Itinerary with ED

My husband and I started planning a two week trip to Berlin that headed south and ended in Budapest. Then we fell in love with the S7 and want to do ED. Seemed like a great trip idea. But they're a bit off my route. I'm just wondering if anyone has a good two week-ish itinerary that incorporates your pick up end of May and hits some good eastern Europe spots. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grove Gemini
My husband and I started planning a two week trip to Berlin that headed south and ended in Budapest. Then we fell in love with the S7 and want to do ED. Seemed like a great trip idea. But they're a bit off my route. I'm just wondering if anyone has a good two week-ish itinerary that incorporates your pick up end of May and hits some good eastern Europe spots. Thanks for the advice.
Welcome to Audi ED forum.
We need more info: what would be interesting point of your ED- museum, food or good driving experience? Or all this together?
I pickup my car in Munich and drive to Zurich, Lucerne , lake Come, Milan, Italian and than French Rivera , Nice, Cannes, Nimes, Barcelona and drop off in Madrid (see attached map). Some go south to Italy and loop back to drop off in Germany( map). Some do Vienna, Venice, Florence and drop of in Nice ( map ).
You and your husband need to seat with map of Europe and mark pick up and all drop off locations and what is interesting to see both of you. Italian vine and food of Tuscany or French vine and food? Museum of Florence or Vienna or Paris.
Some member has opinion that during ED you should go only to back roads and small cities, because big city you can fly in with out ED. You need to read our Wiki and few reports from our web site. Best place for research - Bimmerfest.com ED forum. There by far more activities and posts than on Audi, Volvo and Mercedes forums together.
Post your questions - will be more than happy to help.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TIME89; 11-28-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Grove Gemini
I know I remember reading plenty itineraries visiting different parts of Austria (including myself), but I don't remember seeing too many itineraries going much further East than that. I guess part of the reason may be that Vienna, Austria was the most eastern drop off location Audi provided. So if your intention is to end your trip in Budapest, you would have to get there by other means than your ED car. Or you could still go to Budapest, but loop back to end in Vienna or another drop off city. Also be careful on Audi's insurance coverage, some of those Eastern countries are not covered. For example, the countries surrounding Hungary, Croatia and Ukraine are not covered. Good luck on your planning. While it can be stressful, I really enjoyed imaging all the different places I could explore with the new car.

I just grabbed this off of Audi USA's website:
The insurance covers the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

On Euro Delivery trips in the not too distant past, I've been to Hungary several times, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia, not to mention the more "traditional" Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, and Italy. I'm sure I'm missing a few countries but you get the idea.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jspira
On Euro Delivery trips in the not too distant past, I've been to Hungary several times, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia, not to mention the more "traditional" Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, and Italy. I'm sure I'm missing a few countries but you get the idea.
jspira!
Welcome to Audi ED Forum!
You name was mention here more than once!

Last edited by TIME89; 12-21-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes welcome to the Audi forum Jonathan. I see you're thinking of an
A3 TDI. I would love it if Audi would populate more of their models with an engine equal to or better than the 2.1L MB Blue Tec as opposed to the EA288, which makes decent power. Make mine a Q3 TDI as we're really enjoying the Q5 TDI.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks everyone. Happy to be here
Old 12-22-2014, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Who know answer - did AUDI let you skip first lease payment for ED cars?