Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Go this fall or wait for spring of 2019?

Old 07-29-2018, 05:31 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
We've rented from Sixt the last 3 years. An AMG E63, S7 and coming up next month a AMG S63 Coupe. I really like Sixt, but keep in mind that not all locations have the same cars. Munich and Zurich have really good selections, but other locations not so much.

Although we've done Euro delivery a couple times. However, sometimes renting is a lot easier and perhaps more fun as you are not stressed about rock chips, break-in procedure and parking issues
Thanks, they do list the S5 Coupe/Sportback as guaranteed vehicle in Munich, although it requires a request/approval process. Do you know if this model is equipped with the same engine as the US version? I've asked the question but they have so for not answered.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

For the higher end cars you submit a request and they have to determine if the car is available. Sixt always says they retain the right to substitute like-for-like, but I've never not gotten the car I asked for. I also have a tendency to book pretty far out to make sure I get the car I want.

I believe the S5 is the same model globally. I know the S7s and S8s are.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:36 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

With all your input and after thinking this trough, I've negotiated a standard delivery on a 2019 S5 SB with a discount much better than the default EDP 5% and I'll be doing the same planned trip in the spring in a rented S5. The extra savings on the purchase covers more than what's needed for a 3-week rental with all the insurance boxes ticked although I'll skip some of those as my credit card covers them.

In doing so, I see a few other benefits:

1- I get my car this fall as opposed to next July-August (when the 2020 discussions will be in full swing) and I still get to drive a similar car on my European road trip.
2- I'll get full use of the car's built-in navigation on the trip.
3- My car paint will be pristine when I pick it up at the dealer and take it straight to the paint clear coating shop. It won't have 1600 miles of road experiences on it.
4- Much better selection on airline tickets.

Cons:

1- No Oktober Fest.

Last edited by MH62; 08-10-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That sounds great. Did you rent the S5 from Sixt? Don’t forget if you are renting in Germany and plan to travel to Austria or Switzerland you will need a vignette (highway sticker) on the rental car. You can pick those up anywhere close to the border or order them in advance and have them mailed to you. If you want the website for pre-order let me know

Old 08-11-2018, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by MH62
With all your input and after thinking this trough, I've negotiated a standard delivery on a 2019 S5 SB with a discount much better than the default EDP 5% and I'll be doing the same planned trip in the spring in a rented S5. The extra savings on the purchase covers more than what's needed for a 3-week rental with all the insurance boxes ticked although I'll skip some of those as my credit card covers them.

In doing so, I see a few other benefits:

1- I get my car this fall as opposed to next July-August (when the 2020 discussions will be in full swing) and I still get to drive a similar car on my European road trip.
2- I'll get full use of the car's built-in navigation on the trip.
3- My car paint will be pristine when I pick it up at the dealer and take it straight to the paint clear coating shop. It won't have 1600 miles of road experiences on it.
4- Much better selection on airline tickets.

Cons:

1- No Oktober Fest.
Just be aware that the S5, and all other S (and RS) models have been withdrawn from sale in Germany. The strong speculation is that the S4/S5/S6/S7 models will all be (re)released later this year with diesel engines, for many European markets, and most certainly Germany. It is possible gasoline engined S models will return as "B9.5" models late 2019, but this is all up in the air. Whether Sixt will still have any gasoline S5 models in their German market fleet around Spring 2019 is something I would check if that is an important consideration for you.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

That sounds great. Did you rent the S5 from Sixt? Don’t forget if you are renting in Germany and plan to travel to Austria or Switzerland you will need a vignette (highway sticker) on the rental car. You can pick those up anywhere close to the border or order them in advance and have them mailed to you. If you want the website for pre-order let me know

Thanks for the heads-up about the vignette pre-order option. Please share the web site. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
Just be aware that the S5, and all other S (and RS) models have been withdrawn from sale in Germany. The strong speculation is that the S4/S5/S6/S7 models will all be (re)released later this year with diesel engines, for many European markets, and most certainly Germany. It is possible gasoline engined S models will return as "B9.5" models late 2019, but this is all up in the air. Whether Sixt will still have any gasoline S5 models in their German market fleet around Spring 2019 is something I would check if that is an important consideration for you.
Good point. I need to adjust my rental dates so I'll ask and find out. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MH62
Thanks for the heads-up about the vignette pre-order option. Please share the web site. Thanks.
Here you go. https://www.tolltickets.com/en/

I leave tomorrow for Stuttgart, Lindau/Bregenz, Zurich, Interlaken, Vitznau and Salzburg. Should be fun. Starting with a 911 GTS then when my wife arrives renting (from Sixt) a AMG S63 Coupe

Last edited by chicagoA6; 08-11-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:09 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Here you go. https://www.tolltickets.com/en/

I leave tomorrow for Stuttgart, Lindau/Bregenz, Zurich, Interlaken, Vitznau and Salzburg. Should be fun. Starting with a 911 GTS then when my wife arrives renting (from Sixt) a AMG S63 Coupe
Thank you. Enjoy your rides.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:03 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
Here's Sixt answer. I'll find out closer to Spring.

"Regarding the models, I do need to inform you, that we usually receive the finalized fleet around the end of January or February.
You are right, that due to the new WLTP restrictions, some engines might not be offered anymore.
Considering our fleet so far, this effected different BMW M models as well as some Audi model.
Currently I do not have any information on the Audi S Models."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Go this fall or wait for spring of 2019?