Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Good ED dealer in the SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good ED dealer in the SF Bay Area?

Also, is a RS3 possible for ED?
Old 05-07-2017, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

From Audi's website, FAQ for European Delivery: No discounts for RS models

I would call a few dealers and ask if they do European Deliveries. For questions they can't answer, I would email Brad Boyer (see below). He arranged my excellent delivery experience. Since no discounts for RS models, may not be worth it.
Bradley Boyer
Marketing Coordinator, European Delivery
bradley.boyer@audi.com
Old 05-07-2017, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you. I know it carries no discount but it is the only way I can buy the RS3 cause I can pick a car and my wife will pick the trip.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S4-GTR
Thank you. I know it carries no discount but it is the only way I can buy the RS3 cause I can pick a car and my wife will pick the trip.
happy wife- happy life!
Old 05-07-2017, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

You wanna go to Audi Concord. It's the only Audi Magna Society Elite dealership in the Bay Area and the GM Tim Lofano is a big fan of the ED program. They handled ED for my RS5 back in 2013. Tim personally saw it through after my sales rep left for another job in the middle of the process. Great dealership all around. I still service the car there.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
You wanna go to Audi Concord. It's the only Audi Magna Society Elite dealership in the Bay Area and the GM Tim Lofano is a big fan of the ED program. They handled ED for my RS5 back in 2013. Tim personally saw it through after my sales rep left for another job in the middle of the process. Great dealership all around. I still service the car there.
Thanks for the recommendation. Will try there first.
Let's talk about timing... We are NOT in hurry and plan to get the car in EU next summer. Or in Winter if my wife chose to ski over there. (Not sure yet). This is my first ever ED trip and should I begin to speak with them like after new year? (Assuming we will go next summer).
Old 05-08-2017, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by S4-GTR
Thanks for the recommendation. Will try there first.
Let's talk about timing... We are NOT in hurry and plan to get the car in EU next summer. Or in Winter if my wife chose to ski over there. (Not sure yet). This is my first ever ED trip and should I begin to speak with them like after new year? (Assuming we will go next summer).
RS vehicles need extra lead time. Things are a little different when doing ED with an RS. First of all, the dealer still needs an allocation, whereas A and S models do not come out of the dealer's allocation. Audi Concord has a lot of pull with Audi, so getting an allocation shouldn't be an issue, but you still wanna start talking to them in time. I had to order about 5 months in advance and they want you to tentatively pick the delivery date. You can always change it later on, but the entire planning will be done based on your desired delivery date. I would recommend you start talking to them at least 6 months before your planned trip. Summer is not a good time for ED. The factory is closed pretty much the entire month of August. Everybody is on vacation, so many places are closed during that time. Neither is winter. Audi doesn't do ED from November through about Easter for cars that come with summer tires from the factory, which all RS do. This is due to German laws mandating winter tires during this time. So, you'll have to plan your trip around these constraints. Spring or early Fall would be a good time. I recommend Spring, because if there are production delays with a Fall delivery, you could easily be pushed into the winter months and then your whole trip will get cancelled, or you could get surprised by an early snow storm in the middle of your trip. FWIW, I ordered at the beginning of December 2012 for a mid April 2013 delivery. Next time I will push it back a little bit, because a lot of the great mountain passes in the Alps are still closed in April with snow on the roads.

Last edited by superswiss; 05-08-2017 at 09:09 AM.