Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Help on ED Delivery Date!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on ED Delivery Date!!!

After many months of planning out my ED, I was told by AoA and my dealership to wait for around June for an October 4th (Friday) delivery date. I always asked, I need this date because my schedule won't be flexible. I placed my order last week on an SQ5 after pricing was released that week.

First my dealer informed me there may be an issue because October 3rd is a holiday, which I knew, but that should be unrelated since I chose the following day. After that mixup was resolved, he later told me delivery on this date is no longer possible, due to it being fully booked. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. I've been pounding the fact that I need this date, now after months of waiting I'm told I'm too late? If it was a 1 day difference, I could possibly work it in, but since this was a Friday, a delay would mean 2 extra days of delay since I would have to wait until Monday 10/7.

I've already contacted my dealer, so hopefully he can work this out, plus I've left a message for my Audi of America contact with Customer Relations to check with the European Delivery department. Hopefully she will call me back tomorrow. Is there anything else I can do? Do they make exceptions to fit in an extra delivery? I'm going to fight this as much as I can because I arrive on 10/3 and I have a packed schedule planned with this vacation.

If some of you may have read in old posts, I was trying to plan ED around a 2013 Q5 last year with our Honeymoon. However after delays in production, I had to move on with my Honeymoon plans without ED. Turns out it would not have worked out since 2013 Q5's weren't built until October 2012.

This has been a long process of trying to plan and work out ED for a Q5/SQ5 over the past 2 years. After finally placing my order on an SQ5, I thought my worries were behind me, but here we go again...

Does anyone have any suggestions? What else can I do? Please, HELP!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by alatsacto
After many months of planning out my ED, I was told by AoA and my dealership to wait for around June for an October 4th (Friday) delivery date. I always asked, I need this date because my schedule won't be flexible. I placed my order last week on an SQ5 after pricing was released that week.

First my dealer informed me there may be an issue because October 3rd is a holiday, which I knew, but that should be unrelated since I chose the following day. After that mixup was resolved, he later told me delivery on this date is no longer possible, due to it being fully booked. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. I've been pounding the fact that I need this date, now after months of waiting I'm told I'm too late? If it was a 1 day difference, I could possibly work it in, but since this was a Friday, a delay would mean 2 extra days of delay since I would have to wait until Monday 10/7.

I've already contacted my dealer, so hopefully he can work this out, plus I've left a message for my Audi of America contact with Customer Relations to check with the European Delivery department. Hopefully she will call me back tomorrow. Is there anything else I can do? Do they make exceptions to fit in an extra delivery? I'm going to fight this as much as I can because I arrive on 10/3 and I have a packed schedule planned with this vacation.

If some of you may have read in old posts, I was trying to plan ED around a 2013 Q5 last year with our Honeymoon. However after delays in production, I had to move on with my Honeymoon plans without ED. Turns out it would not have worked out since 2013 Q5's weren't built until October 2012.

This has been a long process of trying to plan and work out ED for a Q5/SQ5 over the past 2 years. After finally placing my order on an SQ5, I thought my worries were behind me, but here we go again...

Does anyone have any suggestions? What else can I do? Please, HELP!!!
I think you are doing the right thing--putting what pressure you can on the folks involved. One thing you might do is let them know that they will lose a sale if it can't be made on your terms.

It may be that one of the moderators or someone else on this list knows the people who know at Audi of America or in Ingolstadt and may be able to put you in contact with the right person. That's the only other thing I can think of.

I have to admit it took us quite a while to pin down our EuroDelivery date last spring (A-3 TDI) as well.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kgall
I think you are doing the right thing--putting what pressure you can on the folks involved. One thing you might do is let them know that they will lose a sale if it can't be made on your terms.

It may be that one of the moderators or someone else on this list knows the people who know at Audi of America or in Ingolstadt and may be able to put you in contact with the right person. That's the only other thing I can think of.

I have to admit it took us quite a while to pin down our EuroDelivery date last spring (A-3 TDI) as well.
Thanks. Yeah I'll definitely try those paths first and see what they can do for me.

I mean I definitely understand that delivery date is never guaranteed, and that's why they tell you not to make any reservations until you get a confirmation on the date, but that's not very reasonable if you are trying to plan a vacation around ED. One of the biggest things was the price on airfare. I mean sure I'm spending a lot of money on a new car, but that doesn't mean I have money to burn. I booked my airfare in late March once I was assured that there would be no delays in production and that a October delivery date would not be a problem at all. If I would have waited, the price would have gone up more than $600 per person. I'm planning a trip for 6 people, so I definitely have no regrets on making my reservations early. And that's pricing as of today, which technically if I followed Audi's guidelines I wouldn't be making my reservations until probably July/August. Who knows how much more airfare will be in another month or two.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

After talking with my AoA Customer Relations rep, she could only direct me to the European Delivery email address. I sent them a long email explaining my situation. Hopefully we can work this out. I've been stressing out about this for the past 24 hours. Because there is definitely a possibility that I may have to cancel my order completely if they can't meet my specific delivery date. Sigh...
Old 06-27-2013, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alatsacto
After talking with my AoA Customer Relations rep, she could only direct me to the European Delivery email address. I sent them a long email explaining my situation. Hopefully we can work this out. I've been stressing out about this for the past 24 hours. Because there is definitely a possibility that I may have to cancel my order completely if they can't meet my specific delivery date. Sigh...
Sorry to hear about your problem - hope it all works out in the end. I was about to suggest you contact the ED Program in Germany as well. I was told to e-mail or call them any time while I was in Europe. Just to make sure you were given the same e-mail address, it is edp@AUDI.DE.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
Sorry to hear about your problem - hope it all works out in the end. I was about to suggest you contact the ED Program in Germany as well. I was told to e-mail or call them any time while I was in Europe. Just to make sure you were given the same e-mail address, it is edp@AUDI.DE.
Thanks I hope so. I was probably given the American version of this department. It was europeandeliveryprogram@audi.com. I'll try sending my message to your above address as well. Just reach out to everyone and see who can help me. Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not ignoring your post - trying to found a best person who can help you.

90% of my communication with Audi ED program by e-mail:

Audi European Delivery Program - europeandeliveryprogram@audi.co

OK, I found info for you - please check your Private e-mail box.

Last edited by TIME89; 06-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update on the progress: I received a response back from Audi ED. I may have a few options. I'm trying to get some details on the options, but I may be able to work this out. While I'm waiting for their response, hopefully you experienced ED guys can answer a few odd questions and give your opinions.

There are a few options and a few issues. So as I knew previously, 10/3 is a holiday. The factory is shut down on this date. I'm waiting for clarification, but either they are all booked on 10/4 or they are not conducting any factory tours on 10/4.

Possible Options:
1) If they can fit me in, only take delivery on 10/4, with no factory tour.
2) Assuming this is a possibility and they have factory tours in Neckarsulm, take delivery on 10/4.
3) Wait 3 days and go through the whole ED process on Monday 10/7.

Has anyone taken delivery from Neckarsulm before? Is the whole experience similar to the one at Ingolstadt? I know typically only ED for R8's are done from this factory, but they suggested this may be a possibility. Plus I'm thinking, if they are closed for factory tours in Ingolstadt on that day, wouldn't they also be closed for tours in Neckarsulm? How would this work, they would build it in Ingolstadt and then ship it over to Neckarsulm?

I know it's somewhat petty, but when you take delivery in Ingolstadt, does your odometer really have "0" miles? I saw someone take a picture of their odometer during ED and we thought that was really cool. Is that generally the case? We're wondering if Neckarsulm is an option, will we still have the "0" odometer? I've purchased "new" cars before, but there's always at least a few miles on the odometer. This would be my first ED.

Here's my thought process: I think either way, we want to go through the whole ED process. We want to see the factory tour. So even if they can fit us in on 10/4 in Ingolstadt, we don't really want Option #1. Option #2 keeps our schedule mostly in place, but some of those questions above makes it less appealing, plus that factory is further away as well. Although with that option, we would stop by Stuttgart which seems like a nice place. Option #3 could work, but it stalls our trip for 3 days. I would have to change some of our plans which cuts a day or two from other cities, plus we would need to find plans in Munich for an extra 3 days. I was originally only going to spend 1-2 full days in Munich, but now it may be closer to 4-5 days. Any suggestions or opinions?
Old 06-28-2013, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try not to change your plans.
my cars had 000002 mls at delivery center.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
try not to change your plans.
my cars had 000002 mls at delivery center.
ED responded back, the factory is closed in Ingolstadt for 10/3 and 10/4, so no factory tours on these dates. They are still waiting to hear back in regards to Neckarsulm, but assuming they had factory tours, we would need to find transportation from Munich to Necakrsulm. That would not be easy for 6 people, so most likely we are leaning towards Option #3 and waiting for Monday 10/7. It's probably not necessarily the best scenario, but probably the least stressful.

Quick Reply: Help on ED Delivery Date!!!