Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

How about those German Plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about those German Plates

Originally Posted by HerrK
I packed them in our luggage. If you leave them in the vehicle they will likely be removed as these parts are not standard US equipment. The checkin lady at Munich LogIn opened the triangle cover to see if it was empty.
I am doing an ED this September on a 2015 A6 TDI Presitige. I would like to bring the temporary German plates back with me. I understand they are in fact Motorcycle plates so that they fit our US plate brackets. What tool do I need to take along to remove them when I drop the car off in Paris? I've heard that if you don't remove them and take them ....you loose them. I also enjoyed your posts on your trip. Thank you.
Dale K.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dalek453
I am doing an ED this September on a 2015 A6 TDI Presitige. I would like to bring the temporary German plates back with me. I understand they are in fact Motorcycle plates so that they fit our US plate brackets. What tool do I need to take along to remove them when I drop the car off in Paris? I've heard that if you don't remove them and take them ....you loose them. I also enjoyed your posts on your trip. Thank you.
Dale K.
Due to new German regulations about licensing and insurance, both plates must stay on the car until the car has been exported. This is the case regardless of the country in which you drop the car off. There are pdf file I posted few years back, where in 4 languages asking do not remove LP. You can print out this flyer and attach to your front and rear windows.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BE ADVISED.pdf (53.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf
ATTENTION.pdf (40.8 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by TIME89; 06-03-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't have any issues regarding leaving my plates on and getting them back when I returned. Actually they were still on my car when I picked up the car for the first time at my local dealership. Now whether they were removed at some point and my dealership put them back on, I can't say for sure.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alatsacto
I didn't have any issues regarding leaving my plates on and getting them back when I returned. Actually they were still on my car when I picked up the car for the first time at my local dealership. Now whether they were removed at some point and my dealership put them back on, I can't say for sure.
My was gone....
Old 06-03-2014, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I told my dealer not to remove them when they prep the car and they were still on the car when I picked it up. See can see the plates on my avatar picture.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TIME89
Due to new German regulations about licensing and insurance, both plates must stay on the car until the car has been exported. This is the case regardless of the country in which you drop the car off.
BLG in Frankfurt told me they needed to leave the plates on - I failed to print out the "please leave my plates" notice though, so while I hope to keep mine, I'm not expecting much