Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Just got back, it was awesome

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjdml
Congrats!
Looks like the shipping company meant 21st July and not June!

How'd you get Calif plates so quickly? Did they register it as soon as you bought it?
Yep, the plates arrived weeks ago. I'm guessing the dealer registered it shortly after I got back from Germany. What was even crazier was that California sent me a letter threatening to rescind my registration if I didn't provide proof of insurance. Insurance on a car I didn't have in my possession yet... I'd made two car payments and one insurance payment on a car that I didn't have.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by a.i.
Yep, the plates arrived weeks ago. I'm guessing the dealer registered it shortly after I got back from Germany. What was even crazier was that California sent me a letter threatening to rescind my registration if I didn't provide proof of insurance. Insurance on a car I didn't have in my possession yet... I'd made two car payments and one insurance payment on a car that I didn't have.
Nevada is a bit more sane. I got an evening email from my sales rep that my car arrived. I scheduled pickup for the next afternoon. Called insurance in the morning.
Transferred my plates and registered the Audi a week later, after selling my old car. Plates stay with the owner and may be moved to the new car.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default California registration

Originally Posted by a.i.
My dealer registered my car the day I paid for it, a month before I picked it up in Germany. I got the threat from the DMV as well. You can file an affidavit of non use online to make it go away.