Just got back, it was awesome - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Just got back, it was awesome

Reply

 
 
Old 05-12-2017, 09:08 AM
  #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 30
Default Just got back, it was awesome

I flew in on the 1st, picked up my S3 on the 2nd and just got back into the states. It's awesome. Do it. The Audi forum is awesome and the tour is amazing. Get out of the major cities and drive the countryside. You won't regret it. My wife an I are already considering when we replace her car with doing something similar.

Major trip destinations:
Munich -> Ingolstadt -> Munich -> Neuschwanstein -> Rothenburg -> Freiburg -> Nurburgring -> Berlin -> Munich (again for drop off/fly out)
a.i. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:13 PM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Nevada, USA
Posts: 158
Default

Congrats. Now comes the most difficult part. Waiting for your car to ship, clear customs, and get delivered to your dealer!
lowjdml is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:14 PM
  #3
AudiWorld Member
 
FLkiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Posts: 154
Default

Congrats from me too - Post some pics if you have some!

I'm heading there in a couple of weeks to do the same thing, but with a more Eastern itinerary, ending up in Hamburg.

Can you comment on how long the Ingolstadt part ran for? From being picked up (I'm assuming in Munich?) to driving off in your car? I'm trying to figure out how far I'll be able to get that afternoon driving, after the factory tour / delivery. I don't want to shortcut any of that of course - it's part of the reason I'm going - just want to plan for it.
FLkiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:33 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Nevada, USA
Posts: 158
Default

Originally Posted by FLkiwi View Post
Congrats from me too - Post some pics if you have some!

I'm heading there in a couple of weeks to do the same thing, but with a more Eastern itinerary, ending up in Hamburg.

Can you comment on how long the Ingolstadt part ran for? From being picked up (I'm assuming in Munich?) to driving off in your car? I'm trying to figure out how far I'll be able to get that afternoon driving, after the factory tour / delivery. I don't want to shortcut any of that of course - it's part of the reason I'm going - just want to plan for it.
It really depends on the scheduled delivery time and how much time you spend in the museum and eating. My delivery was scheduled for the morning, a car specialist spent close to one hour detailing the features of my new Audi. Then drove and parked the car outside, had a quick bite and on to my scheduled factory tour. From there, lunch, museum and on the road to Stuttgart at around 2:30pm. See some of my other posts for additional information. And if you get a chance, review driving laws and road signs in Germany. Ausfahrt!
lowjdml is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:35 PM
  #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 769
Default

Congrats.
How easy for the drop off? Do you arrange your own transportation to the airport.
Oh.. pic pls.
S4-GTR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:39 PM
  #6
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Nevada, USA
Posts: 158
Default

Originally Posted by S4-GTR View Post
Congrats.
How easy for the drop off? Do you arrange your own transportation to the airport.
Oh.. pic pls.
It depends on drop off location. I know Munich and Paris drop off is very close to the airport. You schedule your drop off ahead of time, everything went very smoothly. Stuttgart drop off is further from the airport. They ordered a taxi to an airport hotel I paid ~40.

I went to Stuttgart to see the Porsche factory and museum. Also ended up visiting the Mercedes museum.
lowjdml is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:21 AM
  #7
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 73
Default

The Munich drop-off point is actually within the airport complex itself, so you just walk to your terminal building from there. In Paris, I was told that they will arrange for a taxi/shuttle to take you to the terminal. I believe that it is free but my memory could be wrong.

CarSwami
CarSwami is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:25 AM
  #8
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 73
Default

Originally Posted by a.i. View Post
I flew in on the 1st, picked up my S3 on the 2nd and just got back into the states. It's awesome. Do it. The Audi forum is awesome and the tour is amazing. Get out of the major cities and drive the countryside. You won't regret it. My wife an I are already considering when we replace her car with doing something similar.

Major trip destinations:
Munich -> Ingolstadt -> Munich -> Neuschwanstein -> Rothenburg -> Freiburg -> Nurburgring -> Berlin -> Munich (again for drop off/fly out)
Congratulations. Your itinerary looked really great to me. Now comes the hard part of waiting for your car to arrive back home. Hopefully the time will go by fast!

CarSwami
CarSwami is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:04 AM
  #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 769
Default

thanks for the info. When you are dropping it off, did they mention how quickly they will put on a ship? Or share the vessel or voyage#?
S4-GTR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:24 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Nevada, USA
Posts: 158
Default

Originally Posted by S4-GTR View Post
thanks for the info. When you are dropping it off, did they mention how quickly they will put on a ship? Or share the vessel or voyage#?
Not for me. The shipping agent, not the drop off location, sent me a link about a week before the ship was due to sail. The link had sail and arrival dates plus a section for customs clearance status.
lowjdml is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:38 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: