Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Just got back, it was awesome

Old 05-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
Congrats from me too - Post some pics if you have some!

I'm heading there in a couple of weeks to do the same thing, but with a more Eastern itinerary, ending up in Hamburg.

Can you comment on how long the Ingolstadt part ran for? From being picked up (I'm assuming in Munich?) to driving off in your car? I'm trying to figure out how far I'll be able to get that afternoon driving, after the factory tour / delivery. I don't want to shortcut any of that of course - it's part of the reason I'm going - just want to plan for it.
I like the way we did it to be honest. Once you clear the Munich airport it's probably only 30-45 minutes of driving to Ingolstadt. We checked into the hotel, had a quick meal and went to bed. The next morning they picked us up to go to the Audi facility (15 minutes away). If you want to it's probably only about 30 minutes of paperwork, but really... stay. Do the tour, it was awesome (2 hours). Go through the museum and eat at the cafe. Then we left and did the drive back to Munich and were there in the midafternoon.

I'd say if you wanted to do nothing but grab your car and go it's probably an hour from the time they pick you up at the hotel. If you want to do everything, I'd plan 3-4 hours.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4-GTR
Congrats.
How easy for the drop off? Do you arrange your own transportation to the airport.
Oh.. pic pls.
We had a reasonably early flight so I dropped it off a day before we flew out. It took about 30 minutes. Then I grabbed a cab back into town. No problem.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's a pic. :-)
Old 05-17-2017, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

a.i.,
Looks like you enjoyed your delivery as much as I did mine. Since I did mine at Neckarsulm, can you tell us if the factory tour at Ingolstadt was a group tour or a private tour? Thanks
Old 05-17-2017, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Drop off in Frankfurt, Oct. 2016
Old 05-17-2017, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by mkinn
a.i.,
Looks like you enjoyed your delivery as much as I did mine. Since I did mine at Neckarsulm, can you tell us if the factory tour at Ingolstadt was a group tour or a private tour? Thanks
My Ingolstadt tour was a group tour.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a.i.
I like the way we did it to be honest. Once you clear the Munich airport it's probably only 30-45 minutes of driving to Ingolstadt. We checked into the hotel, had a quick meal and went to bed. The next morning they picked us up to go to the Audi facility (15 minutes away). If you want to it's probably only about 30 minutes of paperwork, but really... stay. Do the tour, it was awesome (2 hours). Go through the museum and eat at the cafe. Then we left and did the drive back to Munich and were there in the midafternoon.

I'd say if you wanted to do nothing but grab your car and go it's probably an hour from the time they pick you up at the hotel. If you want to do everything, I'd plan 3-4 hours.
I'm definitely planning on doing the tour and museum, my main goal in asking the question was just to figure out how much time I'll have left that afternoon to get to my first driving tour stop. They'll be picking me up in Munich since I get there a couple of days ahead of the delivery day, but otherwise it looks similar.
So., thanks! Your answer was very helpful.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarSwami
The Munich drop-off point is actually within the airport complex itself, so you just walk to your terminal building from there. In Paris, I was told that they will arrange for a taxi/shuttle to take you to the terminal. I believe that it is free but my memory could be wrong.

CarSwami
Same for Nice - you can walk to the terminal from drop off location.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am jealous about your ring badge. Won't happen to my ed plan as wife won't agree... ��
Old 05-25-2017, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4-GTR
I am jealous about your ring badge. Won't happen to my ed plan as wife won't agree... ��
I think my wife didn't understand what it was really until we got onto it. I kept telling her "No, this is a real track. It's really dangerous. It's the most challenging driving I've ever done. It's not like any other track I've driven on." About 30 seconds on and she was freaking out.

In all fairness, so was I. Some of the most alive I've ever felt. But definitely one of the scariest things I've ever done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got back, it was awesome