Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Just ordered a Q7 - European Delivery

Old 02-13-2018, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just ordered a Q7 - European Delivery

Coming over from the previous generation Q7 TDI, i have decided to take up Audi on the European Delivery program.

Premium Plus 2.0T
Glarier White
Nougat Brown Leather
Cold Weather Package
Warm Weather Package
Vision Package
Driver Assistance package
Rear side airbags

I am looking to go to Germany end of June so my sales rep told me the car will go into production end of April and will be ready by then.

Pretty excited to say the least. Should be fun.

Anyone done this before? Any tips and tricks for the process of ED?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations. You're gonna love it! Take a look at the posts here - you'll find lots of tips for the process and delivery. Post if you have specific questions.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You going to love it.... Couple tips
1) Be flexible on your plans. You can request a delivery date, but that will not be locked in until 4-6 weeks prior. For example we requested a Monday, but 4 weeks prior we got confirmation for a Tuesday. Not a big deal, but needed to change flights and adjust hotels.
2) Think about where you will be going in your brand new car... with (maybe) 2 miles on the odometer. Perhaps driving into downtown Paris or London might be a bit much. Also think about where you are going and parking when you get to the location.
3) Spend some time on google maps researching routes. Plenty of great ways to get from point A to B. Alpine passes, autobahn, rural country winding roads... All wonderful. Make the drive part of the experience
Old 02-15-2018, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

These are all very good points. I spent a lot of time planning my destinations and routes, but ultimately let things develop in real time while there. Stuck to my mountain / country roads until I wanted to make up some time (or the road was closed), then hopped on the Autobahn. It was hard to use the Audi-supplied GPS unit to stick my pre-determined routes, so have some other means with you to keep track of where you want to go.

-scot
Old 02-26-2018, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yea i heard NAV wont work there. Will have to use my apple carplay.

Some of these things i have thought of for sure. Such as parking the car, etc. I plan to go to austria/slovenia/croatia. Been to all those countries before so i know what to expect.

The insurance is a 1000 Euro deductible if i recall correctly. Has anyone ever actually have to file a claim? Wonder what that process is like.

Has anyone been brave enough to take the car outside of eurozone, where insurance is not valid? probably not
Old 02-26-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also read from some old sticky posts that dealers were trying to charge customers destinatoon fees to get the car from the port to the dealer. I thought the "$995" destination fee took care of all this?
Old 02-27-2018, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
Also read from some old sticky posts that dealers were trying to charge customers destinatoon fees to get the car from the port to the dealer. I thought the "$995" destination fee took care of all this?
I paid no additional fee and Audi ED should support you if your dealer tries something funny.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yeah it appears destination charge covers it all
Old 03-05-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on placing your ED order for your Q7. I did a Q7 ED in September last year and it was a blast. One point that I learned very quickly is that the Q7 is pretty big relative to most of the other cars that you will see on the roads. Parking spots will be seem cramped and even the toll booths in France were not very easy to use. And driving down small country roads with buildings on both sides and cars coming in the opposite direction always accelerated my heart rate! I was always afraid that I would scratch the paint but it all worked out in the end and I completed the ED accident free!

Take pictures and let us know how it goes for you.

CarSwami