Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Just Placed My 2018 A4 Allroad Order

Old 02-19-2018, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just Placed My 2018 A4 Allroad Order

I've been a lurker on this group for the past 8 years after I traded my '03 A4 Avant for another vehicle, but am happy to report that I just ordered a 2018 A4 Allroad Prestige for European Delivery!! WooHoo!

The advice I've read on this discussion group was VERY helpful in navigating the ordering process, so thanks for all of that! I was especially interested in reading about experiences in price negotiations for ED orders. My experience may not be typical, but I'm was pretty pleased that I was able to get TWO Audi Dealerships in Houston to agree to sell me the vehicle at 10% OFF MSRP!!! In speaking with the salespersons, I learned that after Hurricane Harvey hit Houston last year, they were drowning in new car sales to replace vehicles that had been flooded out, and that those artificially inflated sales volumes caused their sales targets to be raised for 2018. Now that the market in Houston has returned to a more normal situation, new car sales are down and management is struggling to meet those lofty sales targets. Thus, they were willing to go up to 10% below MSRP to get my business. Ultimately I set up a bidding war between the two dealerships, and chose the winner after they agreed to throw in the Audi All Weather Floor Mats and offer a significant discount on AudiCare. Your mileage may vary, but if you're thinking of picking up new Audi wheels sometime soon, feel free to send me a private message and I'll send you the dealership details and names of the folks I worked with for the 10% off (I was told that they would offer that discount for traditional sales as well, not just ED).

The other thing I learned in this process that is slightly different from what I read on here is that Brad -- the ED "guru" at Audi of America -- is no longer in charge of the program. The program is now being overseen by Maianh Phan, who is located in Virginia. I've already exchanged several emails with her and she's been very helpful in starting the process and answering my questions. In fact she just confirmed that we have a preferred scheduled Ingolstadt delivery date of May 15, 2018, which is almost exactly three months after we placed the order.

---------------------------
Steve
Houston, Texas
Crested Butte, Colorado
2003 A4 Avant
2018 A4 Allroad (on order)
Old 02-21-2018, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Congrats on the great deal you got on the Allroad. Certainly hope Brad has moved up within the company, he’s a great asset. Have a wonderful trip.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LODEN
I've been a lurker on this group for the past 8 years after I traded my '03 A4 Avant for another vehicle, but am happy to report that I just ordered a 2018 A4 Allroad Prestige for European Delivery!! WooHoo!

The advice I've read on this discussion group was VERY helpful in navigating the ordering process, so thanks for all of that! I was especially interested in reading about experiences in price negotiations for ED orders. My experience may not be typical, but I'm was pretty pleased that I was able to get TWO Audi Dealerships in Houston to agree to sell me the vehicle at 10% OFF MSRP!!! In speaking with the salespersons, I learned that after Hurricane Harvey hit Houston last year, they were drowning in new car sales to replace vehicles that had been flooded out, and that those artificially inflated sales volumes caused their sales targets to be raised for 2018. Now that the market in Houston has returned to a more normal situation, new car sales are down and management is struggling to meet those lofty sales targets. Thus, they were willing to go up to 10% below MSRP to get my business. Ultimately I set up a bidding war between the two dealerships, and chose the winner after they agreed to throw in the Audi All Weather Floor Mats and offer a significant discount on AudiCare. Your mileage may vary, but if you're thinking of picking up new Audi wheels sometime soon, feel free to send me a private message and I'll send you the dealership details and names of the folks I worked with for the 10% off (I was told that they would offer that discount for traditional sales as well, not just ED).

The other thing I learned in this process that is slightly different from what I read on here is that Brad -- the ED "guru" at Audi of America -- is no longer in charge of the program. The program is now being overseen by Maianh Phan, who is located in Virginia. I've already exchanged several emails with her and she's been very helpful in starting the process and answering my questions. In fact she just confirmed that we have a preferred scheduled Ingolstadt delivery date of May 15, 2018, which is almost exactly three months after we placed the order.

---------------------------
Steve
Houston, Texas
Crested Butte, Colorado
2003 A4 Avant
2018 A4 Allroad (on order)

You got 10% off msrp on EURO DELIVERY? Impossible ! lol.

I just negotiated, with bloody fists on 6% off from Audi North Houston. He did however offer me 10% MSRP so i change my mind on the euro delivery and take a stock q7. It was tempting but i didnt budge. Want to do ED.

Also, can you shoot over the email for Maianh Phan at Audi? I put it the order 2 weeks ago, want to reach out to her to check in.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

took your much valued information and went to the dealer where the OP received the 10% off ED offer.

It was tough as they tried doing the 10% INCLUDING the $1000 loyalty, but eventually they did as promised and did the 10% plus $1000 loyalty.

Btw they only wanted to do 7% on ED and were willing to do 11% on a stock vehicle. I had to drop the OP offer to get them to match it.

Ecstatic is an understatement .

Thanks

Guys, get your Euro Delivery @ a discount while you can. This opportunity won't last long.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is that 10% off MSRP PLUS the additional 5% off that the Audi ED program offers? Or is that essentially 5% from your dealership and 5% from Audi ED?
Thanks and congrats on your purchase! And the other guy as well with his Allroad. I hope to do the same someday soon.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CheckYrHead
So is that 10% off MSRP PLUS the additional 5% off that the Audi ED program offers? Or is that essentially 5% from your dealership and 5% from Audi ED?
Thanks and congrats on your purchase! And the other guy as well with his Allroad. I hope to do the same someday soon.
10% total. I have no idea how that discount is divided up between Audi of America and the dealership.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Seems Loden got 8.5% off msrp plus the $1000 loyalty which came to 10% total. I pushed for 10% off msrp plus $1000 loyalty and got it. So my net discount is at 11.5%

So the Euro Delivery program in general is a fixed discount program. Not often do dealers budget beyond that because they would rather you take a vehicle from stock. I read somewhere on this forum that supposedly out of the 5% discount, Audi contributes 3%, and dealer 2%. Audi does it because they have to pay less taxes to ship a "used" vehicle from Germany to the US. That and to promote the brand.

So in essence 10% for euro delivery is unheard of. I can't see the dealer making much money on this. If any at all. I think the volume dealers are more willing to budge because they get the incentives from Audi for moving lots of cars if they meet the quotas. But this is on a case by case basis.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
Seems Loden got 8.5% off msrp plus the $1000 loyalty which came to 10% total. I pushed for 10% off msrp plus $1000 loyalty and got it. So my net discount is at 11.5%

So the Euro Delivery program in general is a fixed discount program. Not often do dealers budget beyond that because they would rather you take a vehicle from stock. I read somewhere on this forum that supposedly out of the 5% discount, Audi contributes 3%, and dealer 2%. Audi does it because they have to pay less taxes to ship a "used" vehicle from Germany to the US. That and to promote the brand.

So in essence 10% for euro delivery is unheard of. I can't see the dealer making much money on this. If any at all. I think the volume dealers are more willing to budge because they get the incentives from Audi for moving lots of cars if they meet the quotas. But this is on a case by case basis.
no pwner loyalty discount here - our only prior Audi was an ‘03 which we sold in ‘10, so we don’t wuakify for that program. It was a straight 10% off msrp.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LODEN

no pwner loyalty discount here - our only prior Audi was an ‘03 which we sold in ‘10, so we don’t wuakify for that program. It was a straight 10% off msrp.
If there are any incentives for which we do qualify at the time we sign the documents, we will get that as well.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjdml
Congrats on the great deal you got on the Allroad. Certainly hope Brad has moved up within the company, he’s a great asset. Have a wonderful trip.
Congratulations on your great deal Loden. And like the poster above, I too hope that Brad has moved on to a bigger and better role with Audi. He was absolutely brilliant in helping me out when I did an ED last year. He just made my life so simple because he was always completely on top of the ED process. We'll miss Brad.

CarSwami