Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Kudos to Audi: March10 ED in Ingolstadt

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMSIV
Thanks for all this! I just got my final packet from Audi, we head out in 2 weeks! Sprint blue for me too!
Congratulations! I'm excited for you. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Did you consider another yellow one? I found out that the Sprint Blue attracts so much attention and looks so special, it might as well be Imola yellow.

Sam
Old 04-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Three weeks since I dropped off the car and flew home. Have been very busy, so the wait has been bearable, and I've been patient.

I checked in with Log In Out yesterday and they emailed me that my car was loaded on the Nippon Highway, which left Emden on March 27 and is due in Houston on April 12.

A quick google search found this web page:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=357892000

And this one: (I'm surprised that Log In Out didn't mention this, but maybe they did and I didn't see it)

https://eurodelivery.ehharms.com/Edts/audi/

To get me even more excited, at lunchtime I was greeted by a gorgeous black S4 parked in front of the office building. Wonder whose it is, but it made me impatient to get my car back.

I've updated the dates on my signature block. I'll check the website again on the 13th. By then it should already have been unloaded in Houston. Hoping it doesn't linger in Customs.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sambuca 57
Congratulations! I'm excited for you. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Did you consider another yellow one? I found out that the Sprint Blue attracts so much attention and looks so special, it might as well be Imola yellow.

Sam
What a trip! Just got back, need to upload some pictures. Blue for me, the wife loves the yellow. It was the only Sprint blue car I saw in 4 days of driving in Germany. And I passed a lot of cars!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JMSIV
What a trip! Just got back, need to upload some pictures. Blue for me, the wife loves the yellow. It was the only Sprint blue car I saw in 4 days of driving in Germany. And I passed a lot of cars!
Congratulations! Look forward to some pics. It'll also be interesting to compare timelines when yours arrives.

Mine was on a ship which docked in Houston on the 13th, then sailed out at midnight. Almost 30 days after I dropped it off in Munich. Waiting for it to clear customs and get trucked up to Indy.

For now, the E.H. Harms website hasn't been updated and I haven't had a chance to call Baltimore. Hoping it arrives before April 30th.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations! Look forward to some pics. It'll also be interesting to compare timelines when yours arrives.

Mine was on a ship which docked in Houston on the 13th, then sailed out at midnight. Almost 30 days after I dropped it off in Munich. Waiting for it to clear customs and get trucked up to Indy.

For now, the E.H. Harms website hasn't been updated and I haven't had a chance to call Baltimore. Hoping it arrives before April 30th.
I finally called E.H.Harms' Baltimore Office, and was told that the car had cleared Customs on the 13th, and was now in AoA's hands. My dealer told me that a truck was expected on Wednesday, and he would let me know. I finally got the call at 4:30 pm yesterday (Friday the 22nd), and the car was prepped and ready for me this morning.

So, I received my car stateside 6 months and 6 days after the order went in, and 39 days after drop-off in Munich. Well worth the wait.

I love this car! Looking forward to the next 39 months with it.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I finally called E.H.Harms' Baltimore Office, and was told that the car had cleared Customs on the 13th, and was now in AoA's hands. My dealer told me that a truck was expected on Wednesday, and he would let me know. I finally got the call at 4:30 pm yesterday (Friday the 22nd), and the car was prepped and ready for me this morning.

So, I received my car stateside 6 months and 6 days after the order went in, and 39 days after drop-off in Munich. Well worth the wait.

I love this car! Looking forward to the next 39 months with it.
Just bought a Sony Bloggie. Wish I had had this on my ED trip. Here is a video of the S4 at the dealership. Took no stills.

http://youtu.be/zjyTtE7UUGs
Old 04-24-2011, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought a Sony Bloggie. Wish I had had this on my ED trip. Here is a video of the S4 at the dealership. Took no stills.

http://youtu.be/zjyTtE7UUGs

We purchase JVC for our ED and on the way to LAX I realise I forgot video camera and it was too late to turn around. Should turn around - regreted till this days
Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sadly, this turned out to be a very short road for me. I totaled the S4 a couple weeks ago. Pics and notes here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2809859

Sad and somewhat in denial, I'm considering my options: can't wait four or five months to order a new 2012 with a custom paint color (Sprint Blue is not a standard color for 2012, see other posts). No 2010 or 2011 SB cars out there. After twenty years of silver and dark grey cars, I was determined to have a real color...
Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now that my car is totaled, I'm closing out the thread by posting the key event dates for my ED, which I had been carrying in my signature.

2011 S4 ED, Sprint Blue, P+, 6MT, sports diff, nav, b&o, 19s, rear airbags.

October 14: ED Order Placed
October 30: Commission # Rec'd
December 7: Built / VIN Rec'd
January 10: Welcome Packet Received
January 29: Lease Signed
March 10: Delivery: Ingolstadt
March 14: Drop-off: MUC
March 27: Loaded / Ship Departed Emden
April 13: Ship Docked in Houston
April 13: Customs Clearance
April 23: Received Car in Indy
July 8: Totaled at 7:10am. 4013 mi.

Many members planning an ED have asked how long certain events took. I hope this is helpful for other members. This discussion, and all the other threads were a huge help to me.

I had hoped to go back to Germany in 2014 for the ED of a new A7, but I’ll probably have to wait until 2015. I’ll stay in touch.