Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Missing ED Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing ED Car

I participated in the European Delivery program after ordering the 2018 S5. I had an amazing experience while I was in Europe and dropped off the vehicle back in June. Unfortunately my experience after have been extremely terrible. I understand the shipment process back can be long and I've been patience. I did not follow up about my vehicle until I was told by the shipping contractor that my vehicle had arrived to the Port of Houston and cleared U.S. Customs on August 1st. The shipping company then provided me with the documents and told me that the vehicle is now back in Audi's hand for the rest of the transport.

I have been in touch with my dealership once a week to follow up where I was told every time they there is no information or they "hope" to have an answer for me next week. It has been 4 weeks since it cleared custom that I was told my first update. That the VPC was wondering if I wanted the protection film installed due to the paint chip I got while in Europe. This was new to me since my salesman recommended me to purchase this option when ordering the car since it would help protect me in Europe. When I picked up the vehicle, I assumed that it was already installed and did double check which is my fault. Apparently it was not installed and it took them 4 weeks to ask me that question after it arrived stateside? I opted out since I just wanted vehicle as soon as possible. Still to this day (a week after), the dealership is unable to provide me with anymore update or an estimate delivery date. They continue to tell me that they are unable to get any answer from the VPC and hope to have an answer to me next week. The Audi European delivery representative who provided me with original pick up documents also has stopped responding to my emails.

How is this possible that no one is able to tell me where my vehicle is, what is the status, or even just an estimate date of delivery? This is unacceptable and I did not expect this kind of service for a car that is worth $60000+ and paying for monthly. This is my first time purchasing an Audi and will be the last time with this terrible customer service experience.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Indeed, that's not good service, Chup. I had great interactions with the AudiUSA ED person, so it's shame you're not getting that same level of support and information. Sure hope they step up to the plate soon for you.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Chup
I participated in the European Delivery program after ordering the 2018 S5. I had an amazing experience while I was in Europe and dropped off the vehicle back in June. Unfortunately my experience after have been extremely terrible. I understand the shipment process back can be long and I've been patience. I did not follow up about my vehicle until I was told by the shipping contractor that my vehicle had arrived to the Port of Houston and cleared U.S. Customs on August 1st. The shipping company then provided me with the documents and told me that the vehicle is now back in Audi's hand for the rest of the transport.

I have been in touch with my dealership once a week to follow up where I was told every time they there is no information or they "hope" to have an answer for me next week. It has been 4 weeks since it cleared custom that I was told my first update. That the VPC was wondering if I wanted the protection film installed due to the paint chip I got while in Europe. This was new to me since my salesman recommended me to purchase this option when ordering the car since it would help protect me in Europe. When I picked up the vehicle, I assumed that it was already installed and did double check which is my fault. Apparently it was not installed and it took them 4 weeks to ask me that question after it arrived stateside? I opted out since I just wanted vehicle as soon as possible. Still to this day (a week after), the dealership is unable to provide me with anymore update or an estimate delivery date. They continue to tell me that they are unable to get any answer from the VPC and hope to have an answer to me next week. The Audi European delivery representative who provided me with original pick up documents also has stopped responding to my emails.

How is this possible that no one is able to tell me where my vehicle is, what is the status, or even just an estimate date of delivery? This is unacceptable and I did not expect this kind of service for a car that is worth $60000+ and paying for monthly. This is my first time purchasing an Audi and will be the last time with this terrible customer service experience.
So...did your car ever arrive?