Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Munich Drop Off - Car Wash/Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Munich Drop Off - Car Wash/Wax

So dropping off our A7 next month and was researching places around the Munich Airport to get the car washed before shipment home.

I sent an email to the drop off company and they said they would wash/wax for 40Euro. I rather them not wax, but would pay for a wash

Anyone have any suggestions for someone dropping off at the Munich airport?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be honest...I had the guys I dropped it off with sell me their wash/wax for that price. Car came 5 weeks later...and fluid from the ship dripped over it on the way (car is not wrapped like new ones en route). Car ended up having to go to a paint restoration place/cleaning for $700 anyways...paid by my dealer who really stepped up. So...since the car is not wrapped at shipment, I'd get the quickie car wash somewhere in Munich..then pay $250 or so when you get it for a detailerdomain type of detail when it gets to Chicago...
Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the main purpose of that wash is to make sure it is clean in order for them to verify you are handing them a car without any damages and for it to pass inspection as a new car when it goes through customs. Otherwise there are potential delays. I don't believe the drop-off locations will accept your car if it is not relatively "clean", so I guess if you don't take it some place to clean it yourself, then they are willing to do it at a cost.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good advice all. Thanks so much
Old 07-31-2014, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
So dropping off our A7 next month and was researching places around the Munich Airport to get the car washed before shipment home.

I sent an email to the drop off company and they said they would wash/wax for 40Euro. I rather them not wax, but would pay for a wash

Anyone have any suggestions for someone dropping off at the Munich airport?
There is a self serve spray wash at the AGIP station about a half Km from Munich airport. Just do a search on AGIP Munich airport for directions. I washed our Q5 here before drop off. They have micro fiber towels inside the station, although I brought a couple of older ones from home and just trashed them afterwards. I don't care to have other people was my car. The lady at drop off noted a clean car is also easier to get through customs as no foreign dirt issues probably more so if it looks muddy.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Honestly washing the car is not something you need to stress over. Plenty of cars are dropped off in dirty condition. In the winter especially it is impossible to keep your car clean just driving from one end of the airport to the dropoff spot. They aren't gonna keep your $40,000 plus car just because you didn't clean it.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I washed my car at the gas station/car wash near the Munich airport. I was able to vacuum it, and get the outside clean there.

Before I went to the drop-off, I visually inspected the wheels, and carefully ran my finger around the edge of the rim of each wheel to be sure that there was no damage. Interestingly, when the car was being inspected at the drop-off for damage, they initially said there was damage to the wheels.

I knew there wasn't, and they later agreed it was "rubber" on the wheels. It was likely brake dust or some other residue that the car wash process hadn't fully removed. Some other guy dropping off an M3 apparently did have some road rash on one of his wheels- or at least he just accepted their assessment at the time.

I wanted to be sure my car wasn't damaged when I dropped it off, so any subsequent damage would be clearly the responsibility of the shipper. Probably worthwhile double-checking your car against their damage assessment sheet.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We ended up paying the Drop-Off Company 40 Euros for a Wash and Wax. It was the most convenient.

When the car arrived at the dealer I told him no wash or wax. It was pretty filthy, but no damage. Spending the weekend detailing her and surpriseingly the amount of paint correction I needed to do was minor.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

There is an extensive list of DIY car washes near Munich airport in the ED section at the BMW forum (www.bimmerfest dot com/forums/). Just do a search on the ED forum and a number of recommendations will pop up. You'll find the same reaction from the posters at that site: some people want to wash and clean their car before it is dropped off, others could not care less!
Old 01-21-2015, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I dropped off my 2007 BMW 335i in Munich it had road rash on two wheels. When it arrived at the dealer they had replaced the wheels at no charge. The comprehensive coverage has no deductible.

Quick Reply: Munich Drop Off - Car Wash/Wax