Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

My 2010 Q5 ED story

Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O, No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrazyIvan flight was diverted back to JFK.

Back in the air - hope nothing will change and in 7 hr he will be in Germany
Attached Images   
Old 03-15-2010, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I made it to Germany!!!

Well, I made it to Munich. My flight got diverted back to NYC after somebody got sick and died (!) on the plane. That resulted in 5 hour delay and I got to Munich just after 12 instead of scheduled 7am. That would have been a disaster if I had a delivery scheduled for today. My advice: fly in day early; Kempinski is a nice hotel, the city isn’t far away via train. Hopefully, that WAS the glitch for the trip. I still went to BMW Welt (my other car is 135i), it was definitely worth it. Too bad the museum was closed. Tomorrow is going to be interesting: car delivery, factory tour, museum. Well, I still have a beer to drink, so that’s it for now!
Attached Images      
Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, talk about an interesting trip!!! Sorry to hear you got to go back to JFK and wait.

So do you like the hotel? I am debating whether to stay where you did or go to one of the hotels in Ingolstadt.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

the Kempinski is very nice and modern. plus its nice once you land in such a new environment that the hotel is just 100yd walk away. plus audi will send an A8 with driver to take you to Ingolstadt for your delivery.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

We have a first pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by TIME89; 03-16-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ravenash
Wow, talk about an interesting trip!!! Sorry to hear you got to go back to JFK and wait.

So do you like the hotel? I am debating whether to stay where you did or go to one of the hotels in Ingolstadt.
I would definitely go to Kempinski in Munich. You are in Munich! Ingolstadt is pretty small town and you'll have plenty of time to explore Audi Forum.
Attached Images   

Last edited by TIME89; 03-16-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Alright, here is a quick write up on Delivery day! It was fun!!! No, really. I got picked up by Audi driver in A8L with 4.2L TDI. Nice car, no doubt. The driver, Anton, was very cool and we had a great conversation on the way to Ingolstadt (while he was driving 110-125mph whenever possible). He doesnt speak much english so I definitely put my german to the test. Delivery was smooth and too fast. I was told by delivery person not to exceed 3000 rpm for the first 1000km, that is right about 90mph, plenty. After delivery, went on the factory tour: very interesting yet limited access. They only showed us press shop and some of assembly - still very cool and highly recommended!! Got a quick lunch and went on to museum - lots to see. I managed to take pictures of everything they have without killing my camera in the process And after that drove up to my friend an hour away from Ingolstadt. More details when I return. One more thing, the car had full tank of gas and floor mats, 33 miles at delivery. I asked about that and here is Audi answer: they test every single car, plus an additional 5% of cars get tested on the outdoor track. I guess mine was in 5% category. Anything up to 100km (~60mi) is still considered new car. Ok. Anyway, here are some highlights from today:

P.S. there was another guy from Nebraska picking up his Q7: never heard of the forum and, in general, kind of rude. I did meet Brian, who has Q5 and is on the forum (he came down just to visit the factory)
Attached Images      
Old 03-16-2010, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default more pics

More pics
Attached Images      
Old 03-16-2010, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the pics, they are great. Sure brings back a lot of fond memories. Are you going to try and get to a local dealership to see if you can pick up some accessories for your Q5 that you can't get here in the states. We went to the closest one to the Audi Forum, they had some pretty cool accessories for the Q7 but all had to be ordered as it was still a pretty new car at the time and they did not have much in stock. Just a thought for you.

Have a great rest of your trip.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think you all convinced me. We will probably stay in Munich then.

By the way, great pictures!!!! Now you also have my wife scared about being driven at 125 mph, I should have warned her about the autobahn before :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2010 Q5 ED story