Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

My 2011 Q5 Euro Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2011 Q5 Euro Delivery

Put an order in for a 2.0T P+ meteor Gray Q5 through my dealer back in january. Set it up for a May 13th delivery with Audi. Got into Munich on the 12th and stayed at the Kempinski. Very nice Hotel. The next day Audi picked up me, the wife, and kid along with the in-laws who also bought a Q5 and took delivery the same day.

According to Audi we were the first family to take delivery of two cars on the same day. They said lots of friends do this, but haven't had a family do it. Could have been trying to make us feel special. Well it worked.

So after all of the Audi stuff, spending time with the Q5, taking the tour, eating lots of food, and seeing the museum, we set off for Menaggio, Italy on Lake Como. We took the route down through Switzerland. The Autobahn definitely helped with the time, but we still didnt get to the Villa till about 10pm local time. We had to make quite a few stops to feed our daughter.

We rented a Villa with the in-laws and my parents for a little over a week in Menaggio and I have to say it was perfect. The view from the villa was absolutely stunning and the weather was great. Was quite a nice change from the wet spring we've had in Seattle.

After hanging out in Menaggio for a little over a week, we made the drive back up to Munich to drop the cars off. We then spent a couple of days in Munich, staying again at the Kempinski. The train from the airport makes it pretty easy to spend the day downtown.

Overall I thought the Q5 was amazing. I couldn't be more happy with the purchase. The Q5 was flawless in handling the passes and also some of the most narrow streets I have seen around Lake Como. I must say I am really glad the mirrors fold up.

Of course as most people have stated, the hardest part is now waiting for the car to arrive. According to the tracking website it looks like the car will be leaving germany on monday so thats good.

Enough talking, here are a few pics.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Name:  audi1.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  29.8 KB
My Q5 being parked.
Name:  audi2.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  154.3 KB
Name:  audi3.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  146.9 KB
Name:  audi4.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  181.6 KB
Both Q5's parked outside, ours on the left.
Name:  audi5.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  161.7 KB
Old 06-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Name:  audi6.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  253.5 KB
One last pic of both Q'5 in the hills outside of Menaggio.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulation!
Both cars looks very nice!
Were is pics from Villa?
Any small trips outside lake? pics?
Where is drop off - or Audi drivers drew them back to Germany?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We dropped the cars off back at the munich airport. Very easy to do since it's literally next door to the kempinski.

Some pics of the view from the villa.
Name:  villa1.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  140.2 KB
Our Villa...Just kidding. Villa la Gaeta right in front of our Villa.

Name:  villa2.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  53.9 KB
our Villa, pool included.

Name:  villa3.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  159.7 KB
View from the Villa.

Name:  villa4.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  158.0 KB
View from the Villa.

Name:  villa5.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  158.8 KB
View from the Villa.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Name:  villa6.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  126.8 KB
Enjoying my morning cup of coffee.

Name:  menaggio1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  167.6 KB
View of Menaggio from above.

Name:  panorama1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  108.6 KB
Panorama of the view from the grounds of the villa. The roof of the villa is on the right.

We did drive around the northern part of the lake, but mainly took ferries everywhere else. the boats are definately the way to get around lake como.

Other than spending a couple of days in Munich, we didnt venture outside of the lake como area. There are so many things to see around the lake, Menaggio, Bellagio, Varenna, Villa del Balbianello (where James Bond, Star Wars, and a few other movies had scenes), The city of Como, etc that we really didnt have time to go anywhere else.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you take a funicular on the top of Como?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

no, it was shut down while we were there.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Tracking from Houston

Any of you find a way to track the delivery once the car has been dropped off at port?

According to the tracking website my car has cleared customs and has been released to the manufacturer. This actually happened a couple days prior to my Q5 arriving in Houston. The ship has since left Houston so I know the vehicle is there.

Does the status change again on the tracking site?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thought I would give a quick update. I talked to Audi yesterday afternoon and they stated the Q5 was still in Houston. But then last night I got an email from my dealer stating that it has arrived. That's some pretty quick shipping.

One problem now though, I can't take delivery of the vehicle today. The Q5 actually beat the paperwork from the Importer, so I had to get them to fax it to me. So now I have the paperwork, but the dealer is stating that they need the actual plates and wont have them for a couple of days. They stated that a temporary plate would not work due to the car having international plates.

So close...

Quick Reply: My 2011 Q5 Euro Delivery