AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/)
-   -   Our 2014 Q5 TDI - May ED Planning (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/our-2014-q5-tdi-may-ed-planning-2860572/)

HerrK 01-28-2014 08:03 PM

Our 2014 Q5 TDI - May ED Planning

1 Attachment(s)
We placed the order and now have our confirmed commission number for our 2014 Q5 TDI Premium Plus, Cuvée Silver over Pistachio Beige, Walnut Brown Inlays, MMI Nav, & B&O Sound.

Planning for an early May pickup and we'll be in country for 17+/- 2 days as the plans firm up.
  • Ingolstadt to Konstanz via Fussen (Photo @ Neuschwanstein Castle)
  • Konstanz to Badenweiler (5 days of Spa heaven)
  • Badenweiler to Deudesfeld in the Eifel (4 days @ wifes relatives) - Somehow a lap of the Ring in the Q5 just doesn't seem right. Been there done that in the Z4 four years ago. But it is open for Tourists 3 out of 4 days were in the Eifel.
  • Deudesfeld to Rothenburg ob Tauber (3 Days, explore lower Bavaria)
  • Rothenburg ob Tauber to Munchen - Drop off Q5 at Munchen
  • Enjoy 3 Days in Munchen & Fly Home
More updates to follow as we move along into the build process.

TIME89 01-29-2014 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24535188)
We placed the order and now have our confirmed commission number for our 2014 Q5 TDI Premium Plus, Cuvée Silver over Pistachio Beige, Walnut Brown Inlays, MMI Nav, & B&O Sound.

Planning for an early May pickup and we'll be in country for 17+/- 2 days as the plans firm up.
  • Ingolstadt to Konstanz via Fussen (Photo @ Neuschwanstein Castle)
  • Konstanz to Badenweiler (5 days of Spa heaven)
  • Badenweiler to Deudesfeld in the Eifel (4 days @ wifes relatives) - Somehow a lap of the Ring in the Q5 just doesn't seem right. Been there done that in the Z4 four years ago. But it is open for Tourists 3 out of 4 days were in the Eifel.
  • Deudesfeld to Rothenburg ob Tauber (3 Days, explore lower Bavaria)
  • Rothenburg ob Tauber to Munchen - Drop off Q5 at Munchen
  • Enjoy 3 Days in Munchen & Fly Home
More updates to follow as we move along into the build process.

Perfect planing! Bone voyage!
Will waiting for pics from your trip!

HerrK 02-06-2014 07:59 PM

We received our Eurpoean Delivery Welcome Package from Audi today. Audi is most definetly up on BMW for the welcome package contents.
  1. Audi Logo Luggage Name Tag
  2. Audi Logo Leather Trip Diary
  3. Audi Logo Carbon Fibre Pen
  4. Audi Logo Coffe Cup
  5. Audi Silk Scarf - the wifes favorite
  6. Most importantly the paperwork with our requested delivery date of 9 May (not confirmed until production complete) .
  7. Scheduled "Begin Production" the week of 31 March.
So that should easily put production complete by 11 April.

Anticipation anxiety begins!

:D

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...76e2/event.png

alatsacto 02-07-2014 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24538220)
Anticipation anxiety begins!
:D

Congrats and good luck on the anxiety!!! It will only get worst. Hahah.

Q5forWife 02-07-2014 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24535188)
Ingolstadt to Konstanz via Fussen (Photo @ Neuschwanstein Castle

Congrats and happy planning for your ED trip.

If you need ideas for a location for your photo at Neuschwanstein Castle, take a look at the suggested location from Bimmerfest, http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=299657.

I went there and thought the spot was pretty good.

Jeff-AudiUSAParts 02-07-2014 08:09 AM

How exciting! Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about the ED.

TIME89 02-07-2014 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts (Post 24538310)
How exciting! Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about the ED.

+1!

HerrK 03-28-2014 09:35 PM

Today we received our VIN and final documents (May 9 confirmed delivery) from Amanda @ Audi ED program - THANKS! I guess it got built a little ahead of schedule, as it was originally planned to start prodution the week of 31st of Mar. We are so ready to go! 7 May in the air to Munchen!

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt...76e2/event.png

HerrK 05-07-2014 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24554864)
Today we received our VIN and final documents (May 9 confirmed delivery) from Amanda @ Audi ED program - THANKS! I guess it got built a little ahead of schedule, as it was originally planned to start prodution the week of 31st of Mar. We are so ready to go! 7 May in the air to Munchen!

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt...76e2/event.png

Finally preparing to depart the good old USA on our way to Munich for delivery Fri am. We arrive in Munich Thur am. Will be doing a little sightseeing in Munich, overnight @ Kipinski, and our ride to Ingolstadt Fri am.

TIME89 05-07-2014 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24566641)
Finally preparing to depart the good old USA on our way to Munich for delivery Fri am. We arrive in Munich Thur am. Will be doing a little sightseeing in Munich, overnight @ Kipinski, and our ride to Ingolstadt Fri am.

Have a safe trip!

Gluhwein 05-08-2014 12:14 PM

Please post lots of picks.

And find out if the A1 will ever come to the US.

TIME89 05-08-2014 02:39 PM

HerrK!

It's already May 9 in Munich!

Happy delivery day!

http://multichannelmerchant.com/2013...-image-300.jpg

HerrK 05-08-2014 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by TIME89 (Post 24567006)
HerrK!

It's already May 9 in Munich!

Happy delivery day!

http://multichannelmerchant.com/2013...-image-300.jpg

THANKS! We are cruising, being driven, up the A9 in a A8 on our way to Ingolstadt! A little road construction and rain. Delivery photos later today.

TIME89 05-09-2014 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24567111)
THANKS! We are cruising, being driven, up the A9 in a A8 on our way to Ingolstadt! A little road construction and rain. Delivery photos later today.

Thanks for update!
How Germany celebrate Tag des Sieges (Victory Day)?

HerrK 05-09-2014 08:55 PM

Had a great day at the Audi Forum yesterday, picked up the wives Q5 and drove over to Lindau on the Bodensee. Stretched out the TDI on the autobahn route a couple of easy (no down shifts) runs up to 120 mph. Hard to believe it was only spinning over at approximately 2700 RPM. Solid as a rock and nice and quiet. We really get some funny looks from the locals with the cycle plates on the car. More to follow as we continue the journey.

https://forums.audiworld.com/picture...ctureid=245449

TIME89 05-10-2014 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24567399)
Had a great day at the Audi Forum yesterday, picked up the wives Q5 and drove over to Lindau on the Bodensee. Stretched out the TDI on the autobahn route a couple of easy (no down shifts) runs up to 120 mph. Hard to believe it was only spinning over at approximately 2700 RPM. Solid as a rock and nice and quiet. We really get some funny looks from the locals with the cycle plates on the car. More to follow as we continue the journey.

https://forums.audiworld.com/picture...ctureid=245449

http://forumkiev.com/images/smilies/party.gif

chicagoA6 05-11-2014 04:32 AM

Would love to hear your thoughts about Lindau. We are doing Euro delivery of our A7 in August and are thinking of driving to Lindau on the first day.

Thanks!

HerrK 05-11-2014 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by chicagoA6 (Post 24567636)
Would love to hear your thoughts about Lindau. We are doing Euro delivery of our A7 in August and are thinking of driving to Lindau on the first day.
Thanks!

We did stay in Lindau, but not on the island. We stayed at Hotel Bad Schachen, which is directly on the Bodensee shoreline, maybe 1 mile west of the island. It is a grand old hotel (hosts annual Nobel committee conferences), has a great breakfast plan, and a very nice indoor pool and sauna/spa facilities. We've never stayed on the Lindau island so I can't really compare. However, I would certainly stay at Bad Schachen again and make it a two day stay for the food, pool/spa facilities, and beautiful grounds. It is an easy 2-5 hr drive from Ingolstadt depending on your route, we did some slow country driving mixed with autobahn for about a 4 hr trip.

chicagoA6 05-11-2014 02:28 PM

Thanks for the hotel info. Will certainly look at it.

HerrK 05-21-2014 12:05 PM

Our last day with the Q5 tomorrow, Thur, turning in at our 4 pm schedule time. Driving from Rothenburg o.d. T. to Munich and then give the car a wash/wax and turn it over. All in all a great driving trip. The spa days in Badenweiller were fantastic. Got to drive my wife's cousin's M3 in the Eifel. Stopped by the Grune Holle during the 4 hr German endurance race so no laps for the Q5. Over to Cochem for an afternoon. Stopped outside of Frankfurt to visit some relatives on our way over to Rothenburg for 3 days of sun and fun exploring the old city. Cheers! Trip write up & photos to follow after our return to the states.

TIME89 05-22-2014 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24570696)
Our last day with the Q5 tomorrow, Thur, turning in at our 4 pm schedule time. Driving from Rothenburg o.d. T. to Munich and then give the car a wash/wax and turn it over. All in all a great driving trip. The spa days in Badenweiller were fantastic. Got to drive my wife's cousin's M3 in the Eifel. Stopped by the Grune Holle during the 4 hr German endurance race so no laps for the Q5. Over to Cochem for an afternoon. Stopped outside of Frankfurt to visit some relatives on our way over to Rothenburg for 3 days of sun and fun exploring the old city. Cheers! Trip write up & photos to follow after our return to the states.

Thanks for feed back. Following you on two forums.

HerrK 05-23-2014 09:46 AM

Turned in the Q5 after a quick wash (AGIP station @ airport) removed and reboxed the roof racks, removed the safety triangle, first aid kit, safety vests, cleaned up the interior (Lederpfleger) & quick wax in parking garage of Hilton "City". Received a "nice and clean" comment from the lady at the Log In location. 1133 miles at turn in. It was a beautiful warm evening in Munchen last night. Rode the U Bahn over to Marienplatz for dinner and a couple of biers while the Frau was resting Indoors (allergy attack from some blooming trees). Street musicians were out and about along Marianplatz Strasse. First time I got to see the Glockenspiel and surrounding church's lighted in the evening, quite a picturesque site against the clear sky. Today was some shopping around Marianplatz and then a ride on the S2 out to Erding to visit the Erdinger brewery and pick up some bier glasses at the Erdinger fanshop. Stopped in for a great meal at the Hotel & Gaststatte zum Ederiger Weisbrau - highly recommended if you're ever in Erding.

TIME89 05-23-2014 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24571259)
Turned in the Q5 after a quick wash (AGIP station @ airport) removed and reboxed the roof racks, removed the safety triangle, first aid kit, safety vests, cleaned up the interior (Lederpfleger) & quick wax in parking garage of Hilton "City". Received a "nice and clean" comment from the lady at the Log In location. 1133 miles at turn in. It was a beautiful warm evening in Munchen last night. Rode the U Bahn over to Marienplatz for dinner and a couple of biers while the Frau was resting Indoors (allergy attack from some blooming trees). Street musicians were out and about along Marianplatz Strasse. First time I got to see the Glockenspiel and surrounding church's lighted in the evening, quite a picturesque site against the clear sky. Today was some shopping around Marianplatz and then a ride on the S2 out to Erding to visit the Erdinger brewery and pick up some bier glasses at the Erdinger fanshop. Stopped in for a great meal at the Hotel & Gaststatte zum Ederiger Weisbrau - highly recommended if you're ever in Erding.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this forum - please post some pics also.
Have a safe fly home.

gforaker 05-28-2014 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24571259)

Why did you remove the safety triangle, first aid kit and safety vests? What did you do with them?

HerrK 05-29-2014 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by gforaker (Post 24572844)
Why did you remove the safety triangle, first aid kit and safety vests? What did you do with them?

I packed them in our luggage. If you leave them in the vehicle they will likely be removed as these parts are not standard US equipment. The checkin lady at Munich LogIn opened the triangle cover to see if it was empty.

alatsacto 06-02-2014 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by gforaker (Post 24572844)

It's been advised to take everything that can be removed from the car. There have been incidents where items were removed/stolen.

gforaker 06-02-2014 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by alatsacto (Post 24574246)
It's been advised to take everything that can be removed from the car. There have been incidents where items were removed/stolen.

Yes, I gathered that was the case. Still, we usually return with so many souvenirs that there may not be room for bulky items. :)

What about fuel? Should one leave the tank as empty as possible? I am sure that they wouldn't drain it, but the dealer or Audi may put some fuel in.

TIME89 06-02-2014 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by gforaker (Post 24574310)
Yes, I gathered that was the case. Still, we usually return with so many souvenirs that there may not be room for bulky items. :)

What about fuel? Should one leave the tank as empty as possible? I am sure that they wouldn't drain it, but the dealer or Audi may put some fuel in.

They politely ask to leave 1/4 of tank of gas.
Car need move in and out from trailer, then in and out from ship, then to US Custom lot, etc.
This is news to me:
please schedule your vehicle drop off at least four (4) days prior to your return trip and within the maximum temporary registration and insurance period of your vehicle

I drop my car on 14 day and get it back with out any issue.

Customer Drop off Process

To ensure a worry-free drop-off experience, we recommend you contact your preferred drop-off location at least 4 days prior to your requested drop off date. All locations are closed on nationally recognized holidays. It is the customer's responsibility to be aware of the national holidays and not drop off on one.

German National Holidays: 1/1, 1/6, 3/29, 4/1, 5/1, 5/9, 5/20, 5/30, 8/15, 10/3, 11/1, 12/25, 12/26, 12/31

Please remember to schedule your drop off date within the expiration date of your registration and insurance.

It is also important to remove all personal effects and non-factory installed accessories, such as luggage, car seats, etc. before dropping off your vehicle. Personal effects may not be returned to you, and removing them from your vehicle will help avoid possible delays and additional costs from US
Customs. Only the original spare tire, jack, and tools are shipped with the car.

HerrK 06-23-2014 07:38 PM

Well it's been awhile catching up at work, after our 3 Week ED. The wife's Q5 is on the AURIGA LEADER. Departed Bremerhaven on 6 June, passed through the Panama Canal yesterday and heading North to CA, a newer vessel circa 2008, and is making really good time. The current expected date of arrival for the vessel at the port of San Diego is the 2nd of July. Hope to get our pictures organized and post a proper trip report sometime soon. Looking forward to redelivery!

Richard Solomon 06-24-2014 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24580615)
The wife's Q5 is on the AURIGA LEADER. Departed Bremerhaven on 6 June

Interesting - you dropped off exactly 1 week before me but your car left 12 days ahead of mine. So Frankfurt is "farther" from Bremerhaven than Munich is...

HerrK 06-24-2014 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon (Post 24580676)
Interesting - you dropped off exactly 1 week before me but your car left 12 days ahead of mine. So Frankfurt is "farther" from Bremerhaven than Munich is...

No.

I would guess the quantity of cars dropped off at Munich is much higher and there are more truckloads heading to Bremerhaven more often.

Richard Solomon 06-24-2014 11:41 AM

<<<@!1!@>>>

Thus the quotes around "farther" :) It's farther in time - and actually mine left Emden (which is even closer to Frankfurt). I honestly don't know if it's just a vagary of scheduling or some logistics as you say. The interesting point is the FAQ says something about dropping off closer to Emden/Bremerhaven to speed up re-delivery and at least in our cases that doesn't appear to hold.

Oh well...

HerrK 06-27-2014 07:04 PM

Redelivery is getting closer! The wife's Q5 TDI is on the AURIGA LEADER - ahead of schedule - expected arrival in San Diego - 2014-06-30 01:40:00 PDST, per the Port of San Diego Information. Hopefully they will quickly clear the deck of the Audi's!

So far 5 week's since drop off. Hoping for no delays in Customs.

Happy Wife is a Happy Life :)

Richard Solomon 07-09-2014 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24581757)
Redelivery is getting closer! The wife's Q5 TDI is on the AURIGA LEADER - ahead of schedule

Any word HerrK? AoA swears mine's on a truck now and that would be miraculously fast customs and VPC time, so I'm a tad skeptical. Hoping you're already driving....

HerrK 07-10-2014 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon (Post 24584949)
Any word HerrK? AoA swears mine's on a truck now and that would be miraculously fast customs and VPC time, so I'm a tad skeptical. Hoping you're already driving....

No car yet but our CA dropped us an email that we should have it next week (14 July)

Richard Solomon 07-10-2014 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24585197)
No car yet but our CA dropped us an email that we should have it next week (14 July)

Hmmm, did they give any indication of whether it's cleared customs and got hung up in the port/VPC or ? AoA ED folks told me I cleared customs and was loaded on a truck but my ship docked 3-4 days after yours. I figure a solid 2 days driving time between port and my city at absolute minimum, so unless the driver's last name is Andretti I may be tied with you.

I'm just a little surprised that with your proximity to the port there'd be more than a day between the last port step and you having it. Frankly that more concerns me that AoA might be mistaken on my car's status because yours has been ahead the whole way :(

Richard Solomon 07-11-2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon (Post 24585202)
Frankly that more concerns me that AoA might be mistaken on my car's status because yours has been ahead the whole way :(

I guess not, and maybe I win :) Re-delivered today with an additional 11 miles beyond what I'd dropped it with. According to the detail guy at my dealer, it was absolutely filthy, and the floor mats were covered in oily stains but he thinks he got it all out with shampoo.

Happy, happy, happy!

HerrK 07-12-2014 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon (Post 24585677)
I guess not, and maybe I win :) Re-delivered today with an additional 11 miles beyond what I'd dropped it with. According to the detail guy at my dealer, it was absolutely filthy, and the floor mats were covered in oily stains but he thinks he got it all out with shampoo.

Happy, happy, happy!

Congratulations! Always a happy time at redelivery. Looking forward to my wife's Q5 hopefully this week.