Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

In port 11/10, cleared customs 11/13, as of 11/27 still no car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In port 11/10, cleared customs 11/13, as of 11/27 still no car...
Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sorry to hear, hope you get it real soon. I wonder why it takes 2 weeks to

transport the vehicle from Houston to the NW? Still confused as why the NW doesn't use SD as the port since it's much closer.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default For me it's Brunswick, GA to Orlando, FL, which is ~200 miles

The funny thing is my car and Cit1991's were on the same boat, and the first port was Brunswick followed by a stop in Houston a few days later. Obviously he's in the port city so his wait would be shorter, but 2+ weeks is a bit much. I was expecting to have been here by Thanksgiving at the latest. My dealer is supposed to be calling up to the port to see what the deal is, but they have been less than helpful so far...
Old 11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I see, wow that is long. I learned a lot from my experience (updated)

about the companies that transport the vehicles. My vehicle also ran rediculously late and it came down to (according to one of the managers in charge at the port) that European Delivery cars are treated differently than standard cars. The customs process is seperate and more intensive which accounts for a longer delay. The delay was 7 days on my vehicle.

You may want to find out the company of transport used for your vehicle and contact the dispatcher with your VIN. The cars out here use "United Road" and let me say that they are absolutely horrible but it may not be the same company that handles logistics in your area. Good luck with your car, hope it works out.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm not sure that it comes down to customs delays...

since according to EH Harms it cleared customs on the 13th. My dealer said that the port told them it arrived on the 15th, which doesn't make sense since the same boat dropped off Cit1991's car in Houston on the 14th. The only thing I can think of is the 15th was the date that the car was picked up from customs and delivered to the Audi port? Latest from my dealer is that the car is supposed to be loaded this week for delivery next week which puts it at ~3.5 weeks from arrival in port to final delivery.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What do you mean by 'more intensive costoms process'...

do they check for non US parts like corner lights, chips etc? If thats the case I will have to rethink what I have done to the car while in Germany.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Technically the car is supposed to be 100% US-Spec

since the documentation that is submitted to US customs by Audi states that the car passes all DOT/NHTS/EPA standards. Depending on what mods are done that may no longer be true, and who knows would would happen if they discovered it. Personally I'd play it safe and wait until I got the car back before making any modifications.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Finally got an answer, car is due at the dealer on 12/05

So 25 days from initial arrival in port to final delivery.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not sure what they look out for, but the person in charge at my port said that they go

go through extra scrutiny. My car took a week to get through the same process that standard cars move through in 2-3 days.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Noticed the front plate in your new sig, where did you get it?

I was thinking of getting a custom one made to replace the standard US-shaped export plate that was used on my car.

Quick Reply: In port 11/10, cleared customs 11/13, as of 11/27 still no car...