Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Port of Houston Stop on Schedule!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The rest of the story....

In looking at our paperwork we got in the mail from Harms, it showed ours clearing customs on 2 January BUT....in looking at the envelope it was postmarked 31 December..so they must have figured it would be in on the 2nd - which it wasn't. I was told today the same info you mentioned about clearing customs yesterday. I also spoke with a friend who's with a dealership in CA and he has a S6 with ours (he's been following our TT for us since it was ordered! . . .seems like ages ago. We'll see what the word is tomorrow, we were hoping for picking the car up Friday but don't know if that will occur.

Thanks for the info update - very much appreciated.

Carol
Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you have a chance, definately take advantage of Audi Drivers Day.......

we took out an S8 just for the day, WOW, what a fantastic machine! We took it just for the day up through the Altmühl Valley. Picturesque and twisties as far as the eye could see. Of course there was the mandatory run on the autobahn, 150 mph never felt so smooth :-)

We are thinking going again this summer and I would love to drive an RS6 Avant
Old 01-08-2009, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hang in there folks...this is the worst part...kinda like finals week.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hopefully today is the day to pick up the car!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 PM
RSP
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Please advise when you take delivery--good luck!

I was advised my vehicle would take about 10-12 days from customs release in Houston to reach dealership in Seattle. Has to travel by rail to Seattle then trucked to dealership.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Please advise when you take delivery--good luck!

Well...we went and did the driving/lunch event with our local Mercedes group today and after lunch did our 80+ mile drive to the dealer to redeem the car. He pointed out a blemish that was found while detailing the car on the back by the spoiler area...not there when we turned it over in Munich. There is no dent, no paint issue, it's with the clear coat - almost like it's been "pushed" somehow - it is visible, probably pea size. So we refused the car, they took photos and will get it resolved and fixed for us hopefully this week. We also weren't going to bring the car home then have to take it back to have it fixed, thus the car remains with the dealer. Hoping to go back up to Dallas the end of the week. Incidentally, the export plate was on the car and we've had them put it on the front until I exchange the regular Texas plates for the Animal Friendly Texas plates. (may have to conveniently forget it's on there!!!)

Darn, it was hard to let it go in Munich and at least I got to touch it today. At least when we pick it up, it will have the rubber TT mats in front and the car cover is being held in parts for us. We had the A4 rubber mats in front of Samantha and they were perfect as we live in the country and certainly keep the carpet protected.

Please advise on your car too!! It's just one of those things that can happen and as long as the issue is resolved and the spot is fixed to our liking then we're happy campers. I will say that they are most accomodating to our needs - a loner car was mentioned...I would have been glad to have had the red R8 on the showroom floor "loaned" to me! "Stay tuned to this channel for continuing information!!!"

Carol
Old 01-10-2009, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: If you have a chance, definately take advantage of Audi Drivers Day.......

I have several questions for you about this as we are seriously considering doing this over Thanksgiving but doing the overnighter or perhaps one of the two night ones (assuming the program remains same or similar for this coming fall/winter. We looked at various models in the showroom today and thought the R8 would be a good candidate! I'll get back with you on my questions - got to go feed all my horses right now.
Carol
Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 PM
RSP
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Please advise when you take delivery--good luck!

Carol:

Send me an email so I have your email address and I'll send you some information about ED shipping protection you may find interesting.

RSP
RSParsons@hotmail.com