Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Post Your Question(s) to Audi ED Department here

Old 05-27-2017, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by br2112
Hi all,

Is it customary for the dealership to charge the $975 destination fee on a ED purchase?

Thanks
I was charged the destination fee last year. I just assumed it applies to all cars for shipping, trucking to dealer, etc.

I recall reading years ago that most US car companies charge a standard destination fee. You'd pay the same destination fee whether you're across the street from the assembly plant or across the country.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowjdml
I was charged the destination fee last year. I just assumed it applies to all cars for shipping, trucking to dealer, etc.

I recall reading years ago that most US car companies charge a standard destination fee. You'd pay the same destination fee whether you're across the street from the assembly plant or across the country.
+1!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ED Payment

When doing a European Delivery, do you have to paper the deal before you go to Germany? I am an ABS and am assisting a client with a ED for the first time. Does the client have to do the paperwork and trade their car before going to Germany? I don't understand how they would because what are they supposed to do when they get back and still have the wait for the car to get shipped? Will they just be without a car while they wait for the new one to be transported from Europe to the dealer?
Old 04-10-2018, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ChrisDLTAudi
When doing a European Delivery, do you have to paper the deal before you go to Germany? I am an ABS and am assisting a client with a ED for the first time. Does the client have to do the paperwork and trade their car before going to Germany? I don't understand how they would because what are they supposed to do when they get back and still have the wait for the car to get shipped? Will they just be without a car while they wait for the new one to be transported from Europe to the dealer?
Yes. Your client will be required to sign the paperwork approximately 2 weeks prior to delivery (Germany pick-up). I was told I needed to bring a copy of the sales contract with me but when I arrived at the Audi Forum in Ingolstadt, they already had a faxed copy. Perhaps your client can negotiate keeping his or her trade-in until the car is delivered to the United States. I would think that as long as the car is insured, that shouldn't be a problem. But this is the one big negative to the ED program. You are taking possession of your vehicle in Germany and making payments from that point on. I took delivery on Jan 10th, 2018, dropped it off on January 16th and didn't get it back until Saturday, April 7th, 2018. Not sure if this is the norm, but my dealer registered the car with the Arizona Department of Transportation immediately. I got my plates in the mail in January while my car was still waiting to be put on a ship. I basically paid 3 months worth of registration for nothing (plates expire DEC 2018, car arrived at dealer 4-06-2018) I called the DMV and was told I couldn't change it and it was good that I called because they were about to suspend my registration because I hadn't provided proof of insurance. I had to fill out a form on-line that I wasn't driving the car yet and then provide the proof of insurance once I got the car.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by br2112
Yes. Your client will be required to sign the paperwork approximately 2 weeks prior to delivery (Germany pick-up). I was told I needed to bring a copy of the sales contract with me but when I arrived at the Audi Forum in Ingolstadt, they already had a faxed copy. Perhaps your client can negotiate keeping his or her trade-in until the car is delivered to the United States. I would think that as long as the car is insured, that shouldn't be a problem. But this is the one big negative to the ED program. You are taking possession of your vehicle in Germany and making payments from that point on. I took delivery on Jan 10th, 2018, dropped it off on January 16th and didn't get it back until Saturday, April 7th, 2018. Not sure if this is the norm, but my dealer registered the car with the Arizona Department of Transportation immediately. I got my plates in the mail in January while my car was still waiting to be put on a ship. I basically paid 3 months worth of registration for nothing (plates expire DEC 2018, car arrived at dealer 4-06-2018) I called the DMV and was told I couldn't change it and it was good that I called because they were about to suspend my registration because I hadn't provided proof of insurance. I had to fill out a form on-line that I wasn't driving the car yet and then provide the proof of insurance once I got the car.
l guess l was lucky being in Nevada. Paid in full before leaving, but didn’t need to register until my car arrived ..eleven weeks after drop-off.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 2019 price list

Approximately when can we expect the 2019 price lists? I want to order an A6 (diesel if available in US otherwise a gasser) via the ED program and pick up delivery in Germany outside of winter months. thanks...
Old 06-27-2018, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2019 S4 Prestige

I would like to know when the order guide for the 2019 S$ Prestige will be released to dealers.
I have been advised by dealer since March that traditionally it comes out in late May / early June, yet today the sales manager called to tell me that as of yesterday there was no release and they do not have any knowledge of when it will be.
I have the opportunity to do a European delivery but my window of opportunity is late September to late October 2018.
Will it be possible or should I just forget about trying to order it?
Can you offer any advice?
Thank you.
Old 09-07-2023, 01:39 PM
Banned

This is a last-minute decision, and I'm not sure if we have enough time to get everything done in time.
Old 01-03-2024, 09:34 AM
Banned

What would it take for Audi to offer navigation and wifi hotspot in Europe for Audi European Delivery?
Old 01-03-2024, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bnxn440
What would it take for Audi to offer navigation and wifi hotspot in Europe for Audi European Delivery?
Audi ended its European Delivery program for US customers at the end of 2018. In 2017, they provided a handheld navigation unit for Europe that you returned when you dropped off the car.