Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Pricing on European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And broke it in enough to do 150mph on Autobahn. Still got passed!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

pdx19751 -- Did you have any success with any of the two dealers in Portland? I'm just about to look into European Delivery for an A5, and I'm in PDX as well.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Q5hopeful
pdx19751 -- Did you have any success with any of the two dealers in Portland? I'm just about to look into European Delivery for an A5, and I'm in PDX as well.
I would be interested in feedback on your experience with the Portland dealers also.

You might want to look at http://www.viamichelin.com/ for trip planning too.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default PDX dealers / Euro delivery

Originally Posted by EurocarAdventure
I would be interested in feedback on your experience with the Portland dealers also.
I talked to both of the local dealers, and they both offered me the expected 5% off MSRP without any hassle. Neither of them tried to convince me not do European delivery, as some posters on this board have experienced at other dealerships. Overall very happy with the interaction I've had at both of the dealerships. I placed an order with the guys in Wilsonville -- expect pickup in August. So far a positive experience, but I don't have the car just yet...
Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5hopeful
I talked to both of the local dealers, and they both offered me the expected 5% off MSRP without any hassle. Neither of them tried to convince me not do European delivery, as some posters on this board have experienced at other dealerships. Overall very happy with the interaction I've had at both of the dealerships. I placed an order with the guys in Wilsonville -- expect pickup in August. So far a positive experience, but I don't have the car just yet...
Just curious, I know it can be different between different dealerships, but was that it? Both dealerships offered the 5% off MSRP, is there no more negotiating after that point? Did you try to have them throw in AudiCare or anything else? Is it possible to ask for any add-ons to be added at Invoice price? Some people have mentioned Loyalty discounts and also Conquest discounts, can these be added on to the European Delivery discount?

I'm just trying to figure out what options I have if I move forward with Audi's European Delivery. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Just curious, I know it can be different between different dealerships, but was that it?
From Audi's "European Delivery" webpage, you will notice that the discount is listed as "up to 5% of MSRP", which means that the dealers can do whatever they want. The Euro Delivery FAQ on this forum addresses this in more detail. Dealers supposedly make less money on EU delivery, so some may not want to deal with it. Other people have posted elsewhere on the forum that some dealers have offered just 1% or 3%.

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Both dealerships offered the 5% off MSRP, is there no more negotiating after that point? Did you try to have them throw in AudiCare or anything else? Is it possible to ask for any add-ons to be added at Invoice price? Some people have mentioned Loyalty discounts and also Conquest discounts, can these be added on to the European Delivery discount?
Other threads discuss AudiCare, and it appears that there is usually little room for discount on that. All in all, it's up to your dealer. I would definitely encourage you to negotiate, worst case they will say no, doesn't hurt to try. Especially if you're in a location with multiple dealers. The problem with Portland is that it used to be a one-dealer town. There are two now, so things are a bit better. If your primary concern is price (or you want your car *now*), you can probably find a better deal than European delivery.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The are dealer in Portland who is member of this forum - try contact him.
Here is his web site - http://www.iamaudi.com/
and tweeter - http://twitter.com/#!/i_am_audi
Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Now I was contemplating about possibly doing a long term car rental/lease of a car while I am in Europe with a possibility of bringing the car back to the states.

Has anyone tried http://VWCarsinEurope.com

They do short-term leases in France for Volkswagen, I am curious to know others experience.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Paul_MBA
Now I was contemplating about possibly doing a long term car rental/lease of a car while I am in Europe with a possibility of bringing the car back to the states.

Has anyone tried http://VWCarsinEurope.com

They do short-term leases in France for Volkswagen, I am curious to know others experience.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
Renault, Peugeot, and Citroen seem to be available also. All of them require a pickup in France.(I looked into a pickup out of France once and when available it came with an large extra charge.) The Renault website looks the same as yours for VW with the pix changed. As you said they're all "leasing" the cars with a guaranteed buyback price so it looks like a rental when you keep the car for >3 weeks. Must be something about French laws.

http://www.renaultusa.com/SelectRe.a...FegbQgodmxxtMw
Old 09-19-2012, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default My A4 Quattro 6MT Euro Discount

Ordered Sept 1, 2012. Hoping for Delivery Date of around Oct 19, 2012. Brilliant Red 2013 Red A4 Quattro 6MT w/ Convenience Pkg w/ 18" Dynamic Wheels with a 5% discount + 2% additional discount thrown in by Jim Ellis Audi, Atlanta to keep me from getting a BMW 328i. Work with Ahamed in Sales. He's been great with post-order email communication and has been keeping me in the loop, so no complaints so far. Go get a deal, fellow Audi enthusiasts!

Quick Reply: Pricing on European Delivery