Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Production Week

Old 09-27-2007, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nice, congrats!

What are (or where are) gun compartments?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Under the front seats

Since the last time I was in there, I read a review on Jalopnik describing "gun compartments". I looked at the showroon RS4, and there they were. Little doors under the front of the seats that open to reveal little compartments. Harldy big enough for a map. Kinda useless, except that a little snub-nose revolver would fit in there perfectly.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh ok, those might be similar to what I have on the B7 A4. Hopefully the

S5 comes with those 'secret' storage bins also. How was the buying process? Did you go with Audi Financial on your purchase? If so, are their rates competitive?

I'm still on a holding pattern for paying for my car. Not sure when it will happen but I hope soon. My tickets are for flying out on the 12th
Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Stay on em.

No finance. I saved up. My checkbook is now in ICU on life support.

I called my salesman, very politely, each day. I also called Kathy, not to overrule my salesman, but to help him out. If they're like my company, if a client calls, they get priority over internal issues.

About 24 hours after I left a nice message with Kathy, my salesman called me and said they were ready. He caught me on my way home from work, so I diverted and headed up to the dealership.

On the way there Kathy also called me and reiterated that everything was good to go, and confirmed that the car was done.

They said I should receive the final paperwork next week, which will allow a couple days extra in case of a snafu.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good deal, thanks for the tips!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Have you finalized your route in order to maximize Autobaun

time after break in?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Na. First 3 days in Innsbrock, then not sure yet.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I would check into...

previous customers who have had their tint done at your dealer... my dealer sends cars off somewhere to do their tint, and its not that great. I'm going to have mine done at a shop i know does good work.

People still install Lo-jack? it came on my current car and i didn't know it was popular?

i guess i would want to know where my RS4 was, it it wasn't where i left it... asap.. how much is it? maybe a possibility for my S5.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default They got a new guy now.

Salesman told me a while back their guy is good...yeah I know what you're thinking.

But when I went in to pay for the car, he said that guy left, and now they have a new one. He said to wait and he'd see how the guys's work is, and let me know.

I'm definitely going to get it done somewhere. I need to do more research.

Supposedly LoJack works. My dad is in the aviation biz, and has talked to the Houston PD chopper pilots. They all just got fitted with some LoJack thing so they can home in on stolen cars with the transmitter. The cop chopper pilots said it really works.

Only thing is, it's like $900, and the RS4 won't be my daily driver. I have an 05 Chevy diesel 3/4 ton as my Houston urban battlewagon.

The RS4 won't be going into any shady neighborhoods, or the mall. So I might just take my chances with careful exposure and insurance.