Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Q5 2.0T ED pickup on June 25

Old 05-30-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Q5 2.0T ED pickup on June 25

Hello. I'm new to the forum.

My wife and I ordered a Q5 2.0T Premium Plus, monsoon gray, chestnut brown sport interior, mmi navi, and B&O sound. Will do ED pickup on June 25.

We'll fly to Paris a few days early to attend the Air Show. From Paris we'll take the train to Munich. After picking up the Q5 in Ingolstadt, we'll head immediately to Hohenschwangau (Neuschwanstein Castle). From there, the rest of the trip (14-days) will be to Dresden, Berlin, Rothenburg, Strasbourg, Lyon, and Nice.

The original plan was to stay with a friend's house in Provence, but he's just undergone heart surgery, so we'll stay in Lyon and Nice instead.

Anyway, this trip will knock two items off my bucket list; Paris Air Show and European Delivery of a German car.

Although the Q5 will be my wife's car (I drive a Mercedes C300), I will be driving the Q5 100% of the time while we're in Europe, and at home, she'll drive it only when she's on her own. When we're together, I'll be the chauffeur :-)

I'm getting pretty excited - we leave in less than 3 weeks.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! You'll have a great time. Get some maps prepared just in case. The provided GPS unit is not the greatest. If you can load your personal one up with Euro maps, even better.
If you can get tickets earlier for Neuschwanstein Castle that'll help delay a lot of waiting times. There's only a few tours in English and they're spaced several hours apart.
Rothenburg is a beautiful little town. Tourist attraction but we love the quaintness of it.
Watch your rear view mirror because you never know when a SLR or R8 will sneak up on you. Be ready to go from 130mph+ to dead stop. Construction and traffic.

Have a great trip!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Osicom - thanks for the tips. I will order some road maps today. My Audi salesman already warned me about Neuschwanstein, so I ordered the tickets and just got the confirmation today. My wife and I have been to Paris, Dresden, Berlin, Strasbourg, and Nice before, but we always want to go back because there's so much more to see. I've been to Rothenburg before I was married, liked the town very much, and wanted to take my wife there. We're planning to go on the night-watchman tour.

I've driven in Germany before (in a loaner Opel station wagon - LOL), but that was 30 years ago. I remember back then, the Porsche, big Bimmers and MBs, and Golf GTi were the cars zipping by in the left lane. In the Opel, I didn't want to go beyond 90mph. Then when I came home, it was tough driving at the 55mph national limit.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We was in Nice 2 times, but for our next visit I would prefer stay in Villefranche-sur-Mer outside of Nice. fall in love with this place during my last ED.

Movie "Ronin" was taped right on this spot.

Last edited by TIME89; 05-31-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

TIME89 - nice pix. Love that movie Ronin. Was docked in Villefranche-sur-Mer once on a cruise. Agreed - beautiful place. Only had time for a short 1-day tour of Nice, Monaco, Eze, and St. Paul de Vence. That's why we're going back to Nice. Villefranche-sur-Mer will have to wait until the next trip to the south of France (maybe when my friend's healthy again).
Old 06-25-2013, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Picked up the Q5 today at the Audi Forum and drove down to Neuschwanstein Castle. I'm impressed with the 2.0T's acceleration and the smooth ride. So far, have hit 110mph. Will try higher speeds when there's less traffic. Was told to stay below 4000rpm for the first 500km. Shouldn't be a problem since at 100mph, the engine was doing less than 3000rpm.

Here's a picture of the car with Neuschwanstein Castle in the background.
Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2013, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful shot. Brings back memories of my ED last summer.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Osicom
Beautiful shot. Brings back memories of my ED last summer.
+1! Congratulation!!!
More pics plsssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was you able to attend Paris air show?
Did you see SU-35 in flight?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it!!! Yeah more pics please... That's supposed to be one of our first stops as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
+1! Congratulation!!!
More pics plsssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was you able to attend Paris air show?
Did you see SU-35 in flight?
Yes, but wasn't there to see the SU-35 fly, just on the ground. But did see the A350 do a fly-over on it's 3rd test flight. Also saw the Rafael do demo flight - was very impressive. Lastly, the A380 fly a demo. My wife and I have flown the A380 three times and it's her favorite aircraft - very quiet and comfortable. I enjoyed watching it fly from the outside of the plane and seeing it do tight maneuvers.

We're in Dresden today, after a 370km drive. Was able to hit 120mph this time, but for me the car feels most comfortable at 90-100mph. Steering is not as responsive as my C300,

Will try to post more pix later.

PS - if you look closely, you see my wife's head behind the wheel. I asked her to position the car - her 1st chance to drive HER car :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q5 2.0T ED pickup on June 25