Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Q5 for ED July 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 for ED July 2012

Hi!
I know it's probably early to ask now, but I'm looking to order a 2012 Q5 for ED to couple with a European vacation next summer... I'm very excited about the process and can't wait.
I was actually looking at BMW first, but decided on an Audi instead.

Can anyone recommend a salesperson/dealership that has some experience in the process? I live in Maine, but MA or NH I guess would be fine.

Are there any "ED sponsors" like on the BMW forums?
Is the ED invoice price the same as the US invoice? 5% off MSRP brings the price of the car approx $700 above US invoice. I guess I'm trying to ask if I should expect anything above the 5% from any dealer or not. BMW ED pricing is much more aggressive, wish Audi did the same.

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usa_maybe
Hi!
I know it's probably early to ask now, but I'm looking to order a 2012 Q5 for ED to couple with a European vacation next summer... I'm very excited about the process and can't wait.
I was actually looking at BMW first, but decided on an Audi instead.

Can anyone recommend a salesperson/dealership that has some experience in the process? I live in Maine, but MA or NH I guess would be fine.

Are there any "ED sponsors" like on the BMW forums?
Is the ED invoice price the same as the US invoice? 5% off MSRP brings the price of the car approx $700 above US invoice. I guess I'm trying to ask if I should expect anything above the 5% from any dealer or not. BMW ED pricing is much more aggressive, wish Audi did the same.

Thanks a lot!
Welcome to ED Forum!
You will be slightly disappointed - but there are no sponsor and no ED price as you can find on Bimmerfest.
Don't know anyone in your area, that I can recommended.
From my personal experience Audi salespersons know almost nothing about European Delivery.
Ask question about good dealer on Q5 forum and maybe you regional forum.
Any question about ED process - post here - old timers will jump up and answer.
Have you done ED before? Do you know where you planning to go?

Last edited by TIME89; 12-07-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

After doing an ED this year with BMW, I started to look into the Audi ED process for a possible ED in 2012. It is disappointing to compare the programs.

BMW offers a much more incentive based program. BMW ED pricing is 7% off US invoice (not MSRP) price plus anywhere from 500-1000 for the dealer. The total off MSPR comes close to 12%. Plus they offer two for one airfare on Lufthansa. Also no destination or Vat charges.

It was a great experience and one I will do again. Not sure it will be with Audi.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ccbrewer
After doing an ED this year with BMW, I started to look into the Audi ED process for a possible ED in 2012. It is disappointing to compare the programs.

BMW offers a much more incentive based program. BMW ED pricing is 7% off US invoice (not MSRP) price plus anywhere from 500-1000 for the dealer. The total off MSPR comes close to 12%. Plus they offer two for one airfare on Lufthansa. Also no destination or Vat charges.

It was a great experience and one I will do again. Not sure it will be with Audi.
Hey - I agree with you. After BMW - Audi program kinda suck. But after Volvo Oversee Delivery - BMW program is not the best. Volvo will pay for 2 airplane tickets, one free dinner and first night hotel, and discount is better then 7% BMW. It's only one negative part - you must buy Volvo.
There is issue with VAT tax also - 19% of car price - you must write check to your dealer - some of them cashed check immediately, some of them give you your check back when you return from ED. The are many questions on this forum never get answered by Audi. You have to make a decision for your self.
Good Luck!

Last edited by TIME89; 12-09-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks guys.
I'm sorry I'm replying late as I was used to getting email notification on new replies on the forum...this case, I didn't.
I did ask my local dealer in the meantime and he had no clue even that Audi has such a program. He didn't seem to be eager to learn about it either.
The only advantage with Audi is that they offer SUVs for ED pickup whereas BMW doesn't.
But BMW pricing for ED is pretty aggressive, leaving you I think with a considerable residual value if you decide to sell the car in a few years...

Audi of America was very quick to respond to email and got back to me with details of their European insurance...and unfortunately that cannot match the competitors either. It carries a 1,000 Eur deductible, so for small bodywork I may end up paying the whole amount out of pocket.
Anyway, I plan to do a few of the Western European countries. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy maybe. Go to little towns, villages that are best accessible by car.

I think my impression so far is that if you're in love with Audi cars, it's worth it, but if you're looking for a premium german brand, then BMW and Mercedes are by far better choices when it comes to ED.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would agree with what's been said before. From a strictly financial standpoint the order of ED's would have to be (1) Volvo, (2) BMW, and (3) Audi (ignoring MB and Porsche).

I've done BMW and Volvo ED's and had a website and book promoting ED for a while. My recommendation is always to decide which car you want first then get the best deal for that car. If you want an Audi it really doesn't matter how good a deal Volvo's offering you won't be happy with it - and I'm sure there are Volvo buyers who would feel the same about Audi's.

I now drive an ED'd BMW and plan to buy an Audi next time but with the issues noted by other posters (VAT, small discount, high (vs zero)insurance deductible) I very well may just order for local delivery.

That having been said European Delivery is a real adventure with the factory tours, etc.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by EurocarAdventure
I would agree with what's been said before. From a strictly financial standpoint the order of ED's would have to be (1) Volvo, (2) BMW, and (3) Audi (ignoring MB and Porsche).

I've done BMW and Volvo ED's and had a website and book promoting ED for a while. My recommendation is always to decide which car you want first then get the best deal for that car. If you want an Audi it really doesn't matter how good a deal Volvo's offering you won't be happy with it - and I'm sure there are Volvo buyers who would feel the same about Audi's.

I now drive an ED'd BMW and plan to buy an Audi next time but with the issues noted by other posters (VAT, small discount, high (vs zero)insurance deductible) I very well may just order for local delivery.

That having been said European Delivery is a real adventure with the factory tours, etc.
For Porsche ED you paying 5-7% extra above MSRP price. Not discount - you pay more for ED.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by usa_maybe
Thanks guys.
I'm sorry I'm replying late as I was used to getting email notification on new replies on the forum...this case, I didn't.
I did ask my local dealer in the meantime and he had no clue even that Audi has such a program. He didn't seem to be eager to learn about it either.
The only advantage with Audi is that they offer SUVs for ED pickup whereas BMW doesn't.
But BMW pricing for ED is pretty aggressive, leaving you I think with a considerable residual value if you decide to sell the car in a few years...

Audi of America was very quick to respond to email and got back to me with details of their European insurance...and unfortunately that cannot match the competitors either. It carries a 1,000 Eur deductible, so for small bodywork I may end up paying the whole amount out of pocket.
Anyway, I plan to do a few of the Western European countries. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy maybe. Go to little towns, villages that are best accessible by car.

I think my impression so far is that if you're in love with Audi cars, it's worth it, but if you're looking for a premium german brand, then BMW and Mercedes are by far better choices when it comes to ED.
Could you, please, post e-mail from Audi ED with $1000 deductible amount. I ask AoA many times for good documentation about insurance policy - so far - no responce.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Could you, please, post e-mail from Audi ED with $1000 deductible amount. I ask AoA many times for good documentation about insurance policy - so far - no responce.
Here's the quote from the audiusa website -

Vehicle insurance deductible
There is a €1,000 deductible on the vehicle insurance. This insurance does not cover theft or damage to personal belongings, including all nonautomotive articles. Therefore, we recommend that you purchase additional travel insurance.

That's about $1300 deductible today.

Source -
http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...container=page
Old 12-15-2011, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by EurocarAdventure
Here's the quote from the audiusa website -

Vehicle insurance deductible
There is a €1,000 deductible on the vehicle insurance. This insurance does not cover theft or damage to personal belongings, including all nonautomotive articles. Therefore, we recommend that you purchase additional travel insurance.

That's about $1300 deductible today.

Source -
http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...container=page
Unother blow to the program. #$%%

Quick Reply: Q5 for ED July 2012